Goodwill Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goodwill Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matthews, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodwill (Matthews, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

i applied online and got a call that same day to come in the next day for a interview and to ask for deandre when i get there. i go to the interview and he tells me the position is filled and he was interviewing me for a product sorter. i didnt apply for that and at the point in my mind the interview was over. i didnt care for his attitude or thw way he was looking at me. i have more experience than he probably has in 3 lifetimes.

Interview Questions

• he wanted to know what brought me to good will   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goodwill

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was long. You are interviewed by three separate times by three different people. The initial screening will take approximately 30 minutes. You will be asked to identify your specific skills, and how they correlate to the position you are applying for. The second interview will be with a Store Manager who has been with the company for quite some time. It is their job to ensure that the strongest applicants are brought on-board. They will ask questions to see if you will have the stamina and patience to succeed in their work environment. The job is very demanding, and these two characteristics are needed to ensure the operation at the store level will thrive. Finally, you meet with a Director of Store Operations. This person might be your future boss, so mimic their personality traits. This is when they will look for consistency in your answers from your previous interactions with company personnel. The interview is not going will if they ask you continuously to expand your answers. If you succeed, you will be offered a job, and then a start date will be issued to you within two to three weeks after the job was initially offered to you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you offered a customer exceptional customer service? What did you do specifically? What was the outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake City, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodwill (Lake City, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

I was interview by the Store Manager and two District Managers. I was asked a series of typical behavioral questions. I answered honestly and gave examples by including past job experiences. The interview was slightly relaxed.For some reason they felt it necessary to frequently make it known that they find dead animals and insects while sorting through donations. I suppose I overdressed for the interview. They asked about job history and my roles in past jobs. I believe they want to be certain that You can handle the physical side of the job.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral type interview questions. How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (Norco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview with district manager, easy. The DM and Store manager will sit and ask questions about the history of goodwill. Most questions are general questions about work experience. They are usually nice at first but it changes fast.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goodwill in November 2015.

Interview

It was a really good phone interview. I had met the interviewer at a college fair. From there they called to set up a phone interview. I had a great conversation type interview instead of question/answer interview type. It was more laid-back but still able to get great information. After the interview there was an online survey to fill out. I did not proceed further because the opportunity was for an immediate position and I still had a semester of school left.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain a time that you had to handle a situation at work   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goodwill (Towson, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

After submitting app, it took 30 days for call, a week later for interview, 3 weeks later to start. DSM really fought for higher wages he sent multiple request to adjust the pay. Original offer was 13.69, I asked for 15.00, I got 14.00

Interview Questions

• How I felt about letting employees go?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Des Moines, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

Went well had a list of questions had 2 more interviewing they started with telling about the company and they wrote my answers down as I talked took about 40 minutes gave me a tour of the place and the walked me up front and said they would be in touch

Interview Questions

• Where do u see yourself in the future,with our company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodwill (Huntington, WV) in January 2015.

Interview

Filled out application in their break room. Waited until called and went to district manager office to meet her. Quick talk about past jobs and then the regional manager and did behavioral questions. We talked about what was expected and what to expect after the interview. I then went on a tour of the facility though it was not the one I would be working at.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a customer ask if you can mark down a price of an item.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodwill (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied to an ad posted on Craigslist for a retail management position. Received an email response the next day about arranging an interview. Had the interview 1 week later. Interviewed with 4 members of the Goodwill Management and Human Resources team at the same time in a conference room. Each had questions to ask. However, it felt conversational not so much interrogation like. It went smoothly. Was sent to a retail location to do a store assessment, where I had to observe the store and write down my thoughts about it. Emailed that to them, did the background check, and received a job offer, which was sent to me via email AND told to me over the phone. It was great.

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate employees?   1 Answer
    • Would you be able to work with people of all different races, sizes, people with disabilities, etc?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

Standard interview format and questions