Goodwill Case Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 3, 2017

2.9

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Case Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill in July 2017.

Interview

Lasted 30 minutes, the interviewer had 3 papers printed out and asked me the 40 behavioral questions on the paper, one by one. The interviewer was rude and the interview process was negative.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goodwill

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goodwill (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online in March and I got a call in May. The interview was at 2PM. I first had to do a scenario test for 15 minutes. Then, I went to interview which lasted 2hrs. I wasn't out the building until 4:20PM. Two days later I was asked to send 5 references where there they would complete a survey online about me.

Interview Questions

• It was a lot of scenario question. What would do in such & such of a situation? How would you handle this type of individual?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (Colorado Springs, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Group interview. Very basic. They took turns asking questions. You sit at the head of the table and they stare at you. They are not honest about the position during the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goodwill (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2015.

Interview

Email asking for an interview, completed 2 panel interviews and drug test. Attended orientation and started working the following day. Very easy to get through and very casual.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?
      What do you know about Goodwill?
      What are your weaknesses and strengths?   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

It takes months to get hired. Be patient. They are non profit obviously so for some reason it takes a while. They were very nice, but it seemed to take forever to get a call back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate your pay upfront. Raises aren't that great.

Anonymous Employee in Coeur d'Alene, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Coeur d'Alene, ID) in June 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with quality assurance manager and program manager. I started off with online application with attached resume and cover letter. However, I learned shortly afterwards how to make significant improvements on my resume and cover letter and thereby resubmitted them with a request to consider the latter ones instead of the first ones. After the interview, I submitted and thank you card to each interviewer. I was called just a few days later after the background check was completed and offered a job for a lower position, which I gladly accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in the past where you dealt with maintaining barriers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodwill (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

Panel and behavioral interview. There were 5 managers from more than one department. They took turns asking questions and based it on S.T.A.R. Afterwards they gave you a chance to ask any questions you might have.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodwill (Brooklyn, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

its solely a confirmation of your resume. If you get called, you are hired; unless you drastically say something inapplicable to your resume/skill set experience.

They usually invite you to meet your direct supervisor, director, and even vice-president if she is around.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      tell me about your previous experience
      Are you sure you can perform case management with this demographic?
      Are you OK with Large caseloads?
      Stressful environments ok?
      etc   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

I applied for the position online. about 4 days later I recieved a phone call for an interview. I had an interview the following week with the person that would be my manager and a manager of another locations. The interview lasted about an hour and included several behavioral type questions. I was then told that I would hear back from them soon. I recieved a call the same day asking me to come in for a second interview the next day. The second interview consisted on the other case manager at the location just asking some very simple questions, just basically checking if we could get along or not since we would be working very closely together. Then the manager can back in and offered my the job. I have to complete a criminal background check and drug screen. I then stated work the following week.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a most difficulty question. Most of the quesitons are behavioral questions in which you have to draw from your own experinces to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation. During the first interview the manager told me the starting pay range. Then when I was offered the job I was told how much I would be starting out making.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The first interview went by fine. Got a call for a second one a few days later, no problem. I go to the second interview and am greeted on a practically empty floor and no one asks if they can assist. So im just standing there...waiting. Eventually im greeted by the woman that interviewed me the first time and then i meet her boss, whom is quite rude and even goes as far as to tell me during the interview, that "they dont like to hire from outside of the agency" so i took that as my cue i wasnt getting the job. Not a problem at all because when i saw how rude management was, i no longer was interested. Thank you for not hiring me