Goodwill Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.0

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online sometime ago (can't remember) and I received a call to schedule an interview. It was very quick and easy. I met with the assistant manager who overviewed the job with me and what they needed in a candidate. Everyone was very kind. It went smoothly! They told me they'd call me the next day to tell me what direction they were going in

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goodwill

Anonymous Employee in Orcutt, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Orcutt, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Fast and quick. Straight tithe point. Was in and out in no time. Basic questions ND not many asked. Did the hiring paper work right there and made the appointment for my physical and handed me my papers to take with me to my appointment the following day.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was called for an interview about a week later. Came in and was asked typical questions. Was offered a job at 9.15 with 20-25 hour weeks which unfortunately isn't enough to live on for myself so I had to search elsewhere but otherwise seemed like a nice environment.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked if I was okay with the pay and hours along with reliable transportation, Basic "teen job" questions about showing up for work.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

I applied during the day and later that night got a call. They did an over the phone interview and when I came in that Friday I was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodwill (Springfield, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and within an hour or two recurved a phone call. I had a great conversation with the store manager. She asked me to come in the next day if possible, I obviously in need of a job and desire to actually work at this retail giant, jumped on it.
    Interview was very smooth. Laughed and share stories. Only one question was asked about my personal experience which was not pertaining to retail, I used to work for Dish Network as a technician.
    I was hired on the spot. Drug test that after noon and started the day after the next..

Anonymous Employee in Papillion, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Papillion, NE) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy and lasted about 10 minutes. I just stepped into the manger's office and she asked me a total of 5 questions. Then after the interview i got a call 4 days later of how I would get drug tested and then after passing that I would go to a training presentation and then after the presentation they set a day that I'd work and that was that.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

They called me in and did the interview and I came back the next day to give paperwork and started training a few days later that week. Wasn't very hard to get the job and I can see why as well. I don't recommend this job to anyone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodwill (Charlotte, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

The manager of the store was on vacation but called me from his personal cell phone. He did not let us know his full name or which company he was with; it was not professional at all. The interview was setup for 9am. My interviewer wasn't there at the suggested time. I was interviewed by someone else. There were four interruptions during the interview, two were in-house employees and two were telephone interruptions. The interviewer would become distracted after each interruption and forget her place and overlook my answers. She told me I would be a great fit. I applied for one position an then she offered me another based on my previous experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell about myself. 2. What would I bring to the company. 3. Why would I be a good fit for the company. 4. What were my strengths. 5. What were my weaknesses. 6. Did I have any experience for any of the other positions, which were available.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodwill in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was asked for an interview a week later. The first interview I went to was with the assistant manager, who asked basic questions about myself and my work history. The second interview was with the manager. It took about 10 minutes. I was asked a basic math question and about my schedule. I was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If the store's power went out and you were running a transaction, how much change would you give to someone who's total was $4.82 and gave you a $20?   Answer Question

I took a position elsewhere.

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (New Brunswick, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

Very easy and laid back. A few basic interview questions were asked and then I was offered the job. All together the entire interview took about 15 minutes and the manager was pleasant.