Goodwill Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goodwill Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.0

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was called for an interview about a week later. Came in and was asked typical questions. Was offered a job at 9.15 with 20-25 hour weeks which unfortunately isn't enough to live on for myself so I had to search elsewhere but otherwise seemed like a nice environment.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked if I was okay with the pay and hours along with reliable transportation, Basic "teen job" questions about showing up for work.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goodwill

Cashier Interview

Interview

I applied during the day and later that night got a call. They did an over the phone interview and when I came in that Friday I was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodwill (Springfield, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and within an hour or two recurved a phone call. I had a great conversation with the store manager. She asked me to come in the next day if possible, I obviously in need of a job and desire to actually work at this retail giant, jumped on it.
    Interview was very smooth. Laughed and share stories. Only one question was asked about my personal experience which was not pertaining to retail, I used to work for Dish Network as a technician.
    I was hired on the spot. Drug test that after noon and started the day after the next..

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

They called me in and did the interview and I came back the next day to give paperwork and started training a few days later that week. Wasn't very hard to get the job and I can see why as well. I don't recommend this job to anyone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodwill (Charlotte, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

The manager of the store was on vacation but called me from his personal cell phone. He did not let us know his full name or which company he was with; it was not professional at all. The interview was setup for 9am. My interviewer wasn't there at the suggested time. I was interviewed by someone else. There were four interruptions during the interview, two were in-house employees and two were telephone interruptions. The interviewer would become distracted after each interruption and forget her place and overlook my answers. She told me I would be a great fit. I applied for one position an then she offered me another based on my previous experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell about myself. 2. What would I bring to the company. 3. Why would I be a good fit for the company. 4. What were my strengths. 5. What were my weaknesses. 6. Did I have any experience for any of the other positions, which were available.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (New Brunswick, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

Very easy and laid back. A few basic interview questions were asked and then I was offered the job. All together the entire interview took about 15 minutes and the manager was pleasant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fridley, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Fridley, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

I was called the day after I put in an application by a man , and set up and interview for the next day. When I it there about 15 minutes early the manger was eating so I was told to look around. The manger was different than the person who called. When she finally came to get me we went to her office and she asked me questions about jobs I didn't have and she realized she had the wrong person for the interview! But she still went ahead and interviewed me knowing that I wouldn't get the job so she wasted two an hour of my time. She was very unprofessional and swearing in the interview. And I received no call saying I didn't get the job or an apology for wasting my time and calling the wrong person just because we had the same name.

Anonymous Employee in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (New Braunfels, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

It was very comprehensive and informative. Management was personable and easy to talk to. I was informed of job duties and told a lot about the company any and what it offers the community.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville-Jefferson County, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodwill (Louisville-Jefferson County, KY) in March 2016.

Interview

The manager was interrupted at least five times during the ten minutes interview and he was very depressed looking and looked so unhappy making me not want to work there

Interview Questions

• How fast I could work
      If I could work weekends and nights
      If I knew anyone there
      1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodwill in August 2015.

Interview

It was pretty laid back. The lady who did my interview was very nice. I applied on Monday and she called Wednesday to set up and interview for Thursday, got offered the position on Sunday. She asked about my work history and if I thought I could do it. She showed me around and that was about it.