Goodwill Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2017

1.9

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (Orlando, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and few weeks later I got called for an interview. I went to the interview and first I had to do a damn math test. That was annoying. Then I did the actual interview. And then they said they will send an email with background and drug test information. I called them back about 3-4 days later to see where they were at with the email and everything and the manager said yes I am going to send the email now. So she sent an email with the information the same day I filled it out and the next day went to take my drug test and the HR called me the next day and said I was good (Ofcourse cause i don't do drugs) & now they are checking on my background and will call with more information.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goodwill

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online sometime ago (can't remember) and I received a call to schedule an interview. It was very quick and easy. I met with the assistant manager who overviewed the job with me and what they needed in a candidate. Everyone was very kind. It went smoothly! They told me they'd call me the next day to tell me what direction they were going in

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2017.

Interview

short wait time for interview to begin, friendly beginning very personable people. it was a on the go facility alot of people coming in and out of the room of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cornelius, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodwill (Cornelius, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview took place in office. I was asked fairy simple questions like what I know about their company and talked about their mission statement. Manager was very friendly. I was called only a few days later to set up interview after applying online.

Anonymous Employee in Orcutt, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Orcutt, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Fast and quick. Straight tithe point. Was in and out in no time. Basic questions ND not many asked. Did the hiring paper work right there and made the appointment for my physical and handed me my papers to take with me to my appointment the following day.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Columbus, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

You meet up with store manager. General questions very to the point. Can you count cash? Are you reliable? Why do you want to work for us? When can you start?

Interview Questions

• Can you work a flexible schedule including Holidays and weekends?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was called for an interview about a week later. Came in and was asked typical questions. Was offered a job at 9.15 with 20-25 hour weeks which unfortunately isn't enough to live on for myself so I had to search elsewhere but otherwise seemed like a nice environment.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked if I was okay with the pay and hours along with reliable transportation, Basic "teen job" questions about showing up for work.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

I applied during the day and later that night got a call. They did an over the phone interview and when I came in that Friday I was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodwill (Springfield, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and within an hour or two recurved a phone call. I had a great conversation with the store manager. She asked me to come in the next day if possible, I obviously in need of a job and desire to actually work at this retail giant, jumped on it.
    Interview was very smooth. Laughed and share stories. Only one question was asked about my personal experience which was not pertaining to retail, I used to work for Dish Network as a technician.
    I was hired on the spot. Drug test that after noon and started the day after the next..

Anonymous Employee in Papillion, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Papillion, NE) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy and lasted about 10 minutes. I just stepped into the manger's office and she asked me a total of 5 questions. Then after the interview i got a call 4 days later of how I would get drug tested and then after passing that I would go to a training presentation and then after the presentation they set a day that I'd work and that was that.