Goodwill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.6

SSVF Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Was very laid back. The questions weren't too hard, but I fumbled over a lot. It was a panel interview which was very intimidating. Interview room was very tiny and the office was a little messy. The only lady in the room made me feel better through the whole interview.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matthews, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodwill (Matthews, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

i applied online and got a call that same day to come in the next day for a interview and to ask for deandre when i get there. i go to the interview and he tells me the position is filled and he was interviewing me for a product sorter. i didnt apply for that and at the point in my mind the interview was over. i didnt care for his attitude or thw way he was looking at me. i have more experience than he probably has in 3 lifetimes.

Interview Questions

• he wanted to know what brought me to good will   1 Answer

Outreach Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

Someone from the organization contacted me a month after I submitted my application and requested an initial interview. Two days after the initial interview I received the rejection email.

Interview Questions

• What type of manager are you looking for?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (New York, NY).

Interview

I responded to a Craigslist ad and after a few voicemails I had had a phone interview. This lead to an in-person interview with the Human Resources Manager.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Hopkins, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. You applied online and there was a phone interview after. Once you passed the phone interview you had an in person interview and it was very straight forward

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goodwill (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later got a call about an interview. I only made it through the initial round where i met with two people and the next round was to meet with the rest of the team.

Merchandise Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Avondale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Avondale, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Went in 10 mins before interview time, ended up waiting 20 mins past the time scheduled. She asked me about my previous work history and kept cutting me off. She didn't really seem like she wanted to talk to me but only get me in an out.

Interview Questions

• what is your availability?   1 Answer

Vocational Youth Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Bridgeport, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

I met with a couple people; we discuss the position and I gave my experience in the field that I was applying for. I filled some paperwork out and completed a writing assignment to show what type of writing skills I have

Interview Questions

• .Why am I most qualified for the position?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

there's supposedly a HR step, but hiring manager skipped it. first step was a 30 min. phone interview, then an onsite interview with hiring manager. he gave me about half an hour to look at the cloud software the company uses and analyze it and tell him what I see / find with the dummy reports they have on there. there wasn't much structure so I guess I failed in that in what he was looking for and he wasn't specific. He said he just wanted me to familiarize myself with the software. This was for a 2-4 year experience role. There weren't any direct questions, there would've been a 3rd round from what I asked him on the next steps where I would be meeting the team but never heard back after the 2nd round.

Interview Questions

• the usuals, tell me about yourself, excel skills, etc ...   Answer Question

Career Coach Interview

Interview

Short interview. Provided directions to site. Made me feel comfortable and relaxed. Gave good details of job, however did not provide a written job description which would have been helpful.