Goodwill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

579 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Very detailed. They wanted to know everything about me before I could even get a phone interview. A copy of my driver's license and my full social security number. I had to fill out many electronic documents and email them back. I have never had to give so much information before even getting a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to volunteer for Goodwill?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Albuquerque, NM) in July 2017.

Interview

Went into the break room with the manager and he told me to read the responsibilities of the job. After that he read interview questions off a paper. Told me I would be great in customer service but needed to talk to his district manager since I'm a full time college student and Goodwill only hires full time as well. I declined the offer since I couldn't be able to handle full time thinking it was a part time position.

Interview Questions

• What does success look like to you?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you saw a coworker stealing   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you were confronted by an angry customer   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orcutt, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Orcutt, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Fast and quick. Straight tithe point. Was in and out in no time. Basic questions ND not many asked. Did the hiring paper work right there and made the appointment for my physical and handed me my papers to take with me to my appointment the following day.

Personal Care Provider Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

I got an interview threedays after applying online. There were two people conducting it. It went great and received an offer hours later. Starred training a few days after. Training was for an entire day and not too bad

Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online (indeed I think) and got called in for an interview maybe 4-5 days later. I came in and the manager walked me around and told me what my duties would consist of. Then we went in his office and I filled out a paper application. He gave me a background check paper and a location to go take a drug test the next day, I brought the papers back completed the following day. I got a call 4ish days later telling me I was approved and to come in for training.

Employment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodstock, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Woodstock, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

The Internal Talent Acquisitions Specialist of North Atlanta is very unprofessional. When she called me initially to inquire more about my interest of the position, she was doing a lot of self talk while her computer stalling, and she was rude. She did not have a professional verbal communication, and also did not know any information about the position itself. I actually declined coming in for an interview just based on her because of her bad attitude and felt she is a negative reflection of the company; I didn't want to get involved with that type of mentality.

unprofessional Internal Talent Acquisitions Specialist of North Atlanta and she left a bad taste in my mouth

Plant Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flint, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Flint, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

I filled out the app online through glassdoor. A few days later i received an email asking for a phone interview. After that i was asked to come in and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• In a situation where you had a coworker doing something that was not in the interest of the company how would you handle it.   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Sacramento, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got called in for an interview a week later. Manager was pretty nice but they seemed kind of unorganized since people keep going in and out during the interview. She talked to me for about 10 mins and read a bunch of questions off of a list. The questions were about my past experiences and how I had or would handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

• How would you go the extra mile for a customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Quick and easy interview. Asked a few basic questions, what-if scenarios, gave me a tour of the backroom and what to expect on the sales floor. hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a tough scenario at work or if a customer is being difficult?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Antioch, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Antioch, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and I got a call from a recruiter the next day asking my availability, if I could start right away, and if I had 1 year of retail experience. She also asked me what my favorite job was and why and what my least favorite job and why. I then got a call for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous retail job and what I most and least liked about it.   1 Answer