Goodwill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.2

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matthews, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodwill (Matthews, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

i applied online and got a call that same day to come in the next day for a interview and to ask for deandre when i get there. i go to the interview and he tells me the position is filled and he was interviewing me for a product sorter. i didnt apply for that and at the point in my mind the interview was over. i didnt care for his attitude or thw way he was looking at me. i have more experience than he probably has in 3 lifetimes.

Interview Questions

• he wanted to know what brought me to good will   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Cedar Park, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

I had two people in the room interviewing me at the same time. One is your store manager and the other is store assistant manager. Both had clip board jot down anything I say.

Interview Questions

• Q: What can reflect you not working here at Goodwill?   1 Answer

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Very detailed. They wanted to know everything about me before I could even get a phone interview. A copy of my driver's license and my full social security number. I had to fill out many electronic documents and email them back. I have never had to give so much information before even getting a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to volunteer for Goodwill?   1 Answer

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Wellington, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Just asked me basic interview questions that the lady read off a list. There were very standard questions. If you read the most common interview questions, those are problem them.

Interview Questions

• What makes good customer service?   1 Answer

Developmental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goodwill (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I completed an application, after I was referred by a current employee, and they eventually called me for an interview. I thought the interview was lengthier than some other social services agencies,

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself to be flexible?   1 Answer

Open Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Grove, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Oak Grove, OR) in August 2012.

Interview

My first boss was a straight up mean guy and he asked me a bunch of off the wall questions and always made fun of me because I was from L.A. I didn't get him at all so glad when he got transferred.

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (Mobile, AL) in October 2014.

Interview

For this job, I had a telephone screening, then the first interview was cordial, a lot of questions wanting you to provide examples of how you did something to help someone out in your previous job. It's like they want you to convince them you have a heart and want to help others. Then there was a second interview with the store manager and the assistant Vice President, which he said tell me about yourself. That was it, no real structure to his interview at all. It's was wierd feeling. Made you wonder what kind of interview was that and after you answered his question, he gave you a job offer and that was it. They said they will call with a day/time for orientation and then it was 2 weeks later they called and told me the following week. By that time I had already interviewed for another job, got it, went for 2 interviews with another company and had a orientation meeting date for another company, that was the day after this one. So I went to this one to see how it was first. The whole process was very slow. Felt like forever, almost 8 weeks from applying to actual start date

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time where you helped someone?   1 Answer

Store Manaher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (Nashville, TN) in February 2014.

Interview

You fill out app online and then start calling the store to speak with someone to get you an interview. They set it up and have a questionnaire that they go off of to ask you.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goodwill (Little Rock, AR) in March 2014.

Interview

a total of 3 interviews. first, was with district manager on telephone. the second was with district manager in person. the third was with vice president and another district manager. the entire process took close to a month to get completed. the interviews were long, and really made you think, but they were great questions...ones that i would ask. they want to make absolutely sure they get the right person in the right position, and that you understand what our mission with Goodwill is about, and that you do your best to help change people's lives when your job is done correctly.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to leave my last job (Dollar General)   1 Answer

Retail Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goodwill (Norfolk, VA) in February 2011.

Interview

Three step interview process. Start online then phone interview with human resources. Next will be an interview with one district manager if they approve you will either interview with the other district manager or the regional manager. Then several assessment tests are taken and pre-employment drug screening and background check.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals and how could Goodwill benefit you in achieving those goals?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was very simple as they are the top paying non-profit thrift operation in this area. They start at top pay and offer great medical, dental ,and 401c retirement plan as well as vacation, sick, and personal leave.