Goodwill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.2

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone call from the Recruiter, she was very straight forward, did not sound like interested at all, she also read thru the script and questions like a machine. It ended very awkward!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill in September 2017.

Interview

Great first impression, the receptionist was professional, friendly and greeted me by name with a bright smile which put me at ease. I was interviewed by two seasoned employees who were both enthusiastic about the interview and very pleasant, speaking with them felt easy and comfortable. The building is very bright, clean and welcoming, parking is a breeze. The interview was relaxed and felt like a conversation instead of an interrogation.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions Approximately 10   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to make a quick decision?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever made a decision based on company policy that did not line up with your personal ethics/values?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to communication without going the usual route.   Answer Question
    • If you could be anyone from the past who would you be and why?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Albuquerque, NM) in June 2017.

Interview

Met with HR rep. and went through the basic job description, what the job duties were and pretty routine interview questions. The hiring manager was not there and this later became an issue.

Interview Questions

• They asked about holiday and weekend availability as they are open most days except Christmas.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

Over the phone interview, then waited 2 weeks for an in person one on one. Afterwards, met with the entire department and had to do a presentation on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2017.

Interview

short wait time for interview to begin, friendly beginning very personable people. it was a on the go facility alot of people coming in and out of the room of the interview.

Sorter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Goodwill (Flagstaff, AZ) in March 2013.

Interview

Pretty easy of an interview. Dressed up. Only took about 20 minutes. Pretty laid back. Was honest about all the answers and got the job. Went into the office in the backroom after walking around the store looking for stuff to buy. Manager came out and called my name. Pretty easy interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the reason you want to work at goodwill?   1 Answer

Clerk Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Lake Tahoe, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (South Lake Tahoe, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview was quick and easy. Michelle was great. Got me on the next day. Didn't ask questions just told me about the job and hired me on the spot. I was eager to work and she was willing to hire me.

Case Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Jamaica, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

It was a two part interview that required a presentation to evaluate my facilitation skills and public speaking. The interview was longer than anticipated at the time. Be prepared to answer multiple questions as well having the time to stay.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for the company?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Mobile, AL) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Retail Associates position on Tuesday and was called in for an interview the following Monday. The whole process was very quick and easy and the Hiring Manager was very professional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Goodwill?

can you describe a time where you showed great customer service   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

The hiring people called me on time, we got few conversation and end it. The person is okay, just the questions were a little tricky, so sometimes I don't understand what was he talking about, and he didn't ask again or give me any feeback .