Goodwill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.2

SSVF Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Was very laid back. The questions weren't too hard, but I fumbled over a lot. It was a panel interview which was very intimidating. Interview room was very tiny and the office was a little messy. The only lady in the room made me feel better through the whole interview.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodwill (Springfield, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and within an hour or two recurved a phone call. I had a great conversation with the store manager. She asked me to come in the next day if possible, I obviously in need of a job and desire to actually work at this retail giant, jumped on it.
    Interview was very smooth. Laughed and share stories. Only one question was asked about my personal experience which was not pertaining to retail, I used to work for Dish Network as a technician.
    I was hired on the spot. Drug test that after noon and started the day after the next..

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodwill (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Describe this item for me: you're going to want to look at everything about the item they may hand you. Be very descriptive and list name, brand, color, stuff like that.

Donation Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodwill (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a pulse, so they offered me a job. Goodwill terminated employees on a routine basis due to their unrealistic production goals, so they are always hiring. You can easily get a job here, but you won't get to keep it.

Developmental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goodwill (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I completed an application, after I was referred by a current employee, and they eventually called me for an interview. I thought the interview was lengthier than some other social services agencies,

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself to be flexible?   1 Answer

Career Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Saginaw, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Multiple questions on Goodwill background. Laid back interview but relatively tough questions if you did not review background of company. Asked more than the typical interview questions but still did the common ones. Overall, good experience with an accepted job offer with higher pay and title than original salary.

Lead Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

Interview process was easy. Interviewed with two people and basic questions. Got call later that day with an offer. At the interview I was told they have certain benefits and that the salary was between two numbers. Also asked them about reviews and raises. When they offered the position to me, the offer was lower than what they said in interview. After I had the position, found out that they didn't have some of the benefits that were important to me which was different than what was told to me in the interview. Also, they haven't had raises for years, so I was lied to in the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your background? They don't ask too many questions, just tell you about what they are looking for. Caution, they don't tell you everything.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matthews, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodwill (Matthews, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

i applied online and got a call that same day to come in the next day for a interview and to ask for deandre when i get there. i go to the interview and he tells me the position is filled and he was interviewing me for a product sorter. i didnt apply for that and at the point in my mind the interview was over. i didnt care for his attitude or thw way he was looking at me. i have more experience than he probably has in 3 lifetimes.

Interview Questions

• he wanted to know what brought me to good will   1 Answer

Outreach Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

Someone from the organization contacted me a month after I submitted my application and requested an initial interview. Two days after the initial interview I received the rejection email.

Interview Questions

• What type of manager are you looking for?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Papillion, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Papillion, NE) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy and lasted about 10 minutes. I just stepped into the manger's office and she asked me a total of 5 questions. Then after the interview i got a call 4 days later of how I would get drug tested and then after passing that I would go to a training presentation and then after the presentation they set a day that I'd work and that was that.