Goodwill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.2

Career Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill (Spokane, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was performed by my manager and general manager, as this was a promotion for me. Overall, pain-free and simple. The questions were direct and I was comfortable giving honest answers.

Cashier/Sales Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodwill (Nashville, TN).

Interview

A lot of questions about my work history. Two people interviewed me. Wanted me to take classes before I could start work. The pay was really low so I decided to look for something else. The styore manager was nice. I went through the career center to apply. The process and application was long. They wanted to test me out before and make med take classes.

Low pay

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

Asked to come in to the office. Took a short written test & started on boarding same day. Easy interview. I was a rehire. Process was very short & simple though entire training took about 10 days. Training is extensive and thorough. I paid for the training myself but was paid hourly to be there.

Interview Questions

• Can you read prescriptions?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

They called me in and did the interview and I came back the next day to give paperwork and started training a few days later that week. Wasn't very hard to get the job and I can see why as well. I don't recommend this job to anyone

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annandale, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (Annandale, VA).

Interview

I interviewed with a supervisor of one of the branches from a different location of which I applied for and afterwards they gave my review to the store manager and I was hired

Interview Questions

• Why do I think I will be a good candidate for the position   1 Answer

Material Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Goodwill in October 2016.

Interview

Applied and was called for interview the very next day. It lasted maybe 15 minutes and was very relaxed. Definitely not a professional type of feel. I suspect it could be very different depending on the different types of people who manage various locations. I did not get a tour of the warehouse, though I've read many people did when they were interviewing. I was also never drug tested, despite the corporate policy stating I would be. It was a little strange... I suspect this store has some issues that should be worked out within management, but that's not really for me to decide. I filled out paperwork less than a week after the interview and began working two or three days later. It was honestly a very easy process.

Interview Questions

• Why Goodwill?
      Why should we hire you?
      What are your hobbies?
      Can you handle a hectic work environment?   Answer Question

Clerk Prossesor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (Modesto, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online through a job board. I received a call within the next week and was given an over the phone interview by the district manager. She gave me a date to go in for an in person interview. This interview wasn't a real interview. The store manager gave me a tour of the store and told me about their processing routine. I wasn't ask a single question that time around. the same day i was called by the district manager. She asked me if i was still interested in the job, and if i could go and complete a drug test. I got the job, However they didn't happen to specify that the work schedule is randomized and non negotiable. When you a scheduled you have to work, if you have an issue with it, then that's to bad.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions. Ex: ''What experience do you have with merchandising?''   Answer Question

Merchandise Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Avondale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Avondale, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Went in 10 mins before interview time, ended up waiting 20 mins past the time scheduled. She asked me about my previous work history and kept cutting me off. She didn't really seem like she wanted to talk to me but only get me in an out.

Vocational Youth Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Bridgeport, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

I met with a couple people; we discuss the position and I gave my experience in the field that I was applying for. I filled some paperwork out and completed a writing assignment to show what type of writing skills I have

Interview Questions

• .Why am I most qualified for the position?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

I went in to the specific store I wanted to work at and picked up an application. I tried to bring it back when the manager came back from lunch in order to make a good impression (I was advised to do this by another employee) but the manager refused to come out and I was not able to hand deliver my application. A few days later I got a call from the corporate office asking me to come in for my next steps. When I got there, the HR woman was surprised that I was not interviewed by the manager. She asked basic questions and then called the manager to confirm that my availability worked with the store. After that I filled out some paperwork and drove to a clinic to get drug tested. A week later I went to the mandatory all-day orientation at the corporate office.