Goodwill Production Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goodwill Production Associate Interview Questions

2.1

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Production Associate Interview

Interview

It was short. I originally applied for Production Associate but they wanted me on a different position. They toured me around the Goodwill store and introduced to some people at the office.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goodwill

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (Columbia, SC) in July 2015.

Interview

I got a call to meet for an interview for the following day and went. I waited a few minutes for the right person to be found and we walked around while he showed me what a donation attendant did. It seemed simple enough and I desperately need a job. After filling out a few forms for a background check and consent for drug screening I was led out and I thought everything went well. I was told the background check would take about a week and my impression was that I would then get a drug test and be working. Now its been three weeks and when I called a couple days ago they said they hadn't got my background check back and that they were still interviewing. -sigh- I am desperate for a new job and feel like I been yanked around. Why is it so hard for someone who wants to work to get a job and those who think a place is blessed by their presence and who feel they should be rewarded just for showing up well they can get jobs anywhere. It may just be this location but the process seems to take forever and I need a job now...

Interview Questions

• Mostly they just show you around to see what you will be doing and see if you can handle it.   1 Answer

Production Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwill.

Interview

I was called by an HR person out of town and set up for the interview at my location. I showed up about 10 minutes early, though I waited a good 15-20 minutes for my interviewer because apparently she had something more important to do than deal with a scheduled interview. I got a quick tour of the place and shown the various job duties in both the front and back of the store. I was asked which two roles I would be most interested in, and since I applied for the Production Associate position, I obviously went with two of the backroom duties I was shown. She didn't seem to like that I didn't pick something where I would be interacting with customers and was later even asked if I had any customer experience, which I don't.

I was then asked a series of fairly basic interview questions. I felt I came up with some decent answers for most of them, but others not so much as was evident by the interviewer's silent stares at some of my responses. At the conclusion of the interview I was told a decision would be made sometime next week and that there were a couple of more interviews she had to go through.

It's been almost two months and I never heard back or received one of those typical rejection e-mails. Looking at the kind of people that get hired, I may not have been a good fit as there's a good chance a veteran, a high school student, or someone with a troubled background got hired as that's the sort of thing Goodwill does. It's fairly noble, but it didn't seem like the ideal place to work anyway. The store was dirty and disorganized. Some of the employees up front were not very courteous to me customers.

Interview Questions

• Expect to be asked what you know about Goodwill.   Answer Question
    • What is teamwork?   1 Answer
    • If you donated an item, how would you expect it to be treated?   1 Answer

Production Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill in May 2015.

Interview

The Interview Process was quick and easy. I was interviewed by the store manager and co manager in a hiring event. I was offer the job after the interview. Took the drug test and waited couple of weeks for the results. I received an email for orientation and received training.

Interview Questions

• If I could mention expensive brands?
      Have a worked retail before?
      Why should I get the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Liberty, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Liberty, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted longer than necessary because the manager got called away about 5 times. The questions weren't hard. Mainly just going over the hours and pay. They tell you how easy it is to get your production quota, and you'll get .09 for every item that you go over your quota.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

Ask my goals would I like to move up in company as lot of opportunity do I work well with others had to b fast paced had a qutoa of 2300 had to met daily excellent benefits nice work environment

Interview Questions

• Can I handle metting a quota   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwill (Richmond, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

Filled out basic application online, was called about a week and a half later. Went to initial interview, was super easy and basic, the lady interviewing me was very relaxed. Filled out a personality test thing and a math skills test afterward. Was called about a week later for drug screening, passed, was offered the job a few days later.

Anonymous Employee in Steamboat Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goodwill (Steamboat Springs, CO) in December 2011.

Interview

Was ok but a little intense for position. They called me in first. Got there and made me wait at the coffee bar for 15 minutes. Then they had me interview in the front office with three different people at the same time. They were very nice and smiley. Called me later that day to hire me.

Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodwill (Woodridge, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

I initially applied at the Bolingbrook, IL location, but received a call about interviewing for a position at the new Woodridge location that is scheduled to open sometime in July. I was greeted very cordially by several of the staff members, including HR, and the interview was very, very easy. My interviewer was very kind and laid-back, and hired me that same day - which was nice, no "waiting game" to play. I was referred to a clinic in my area for a drug test and was told they would do a background check.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that someone was upset with you. What happened and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What interests you about working with Goodwill?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were upset with someone else. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodwill (Tacoma, WA) in April 2011.

Interview

They called me in, brought me to a room the was in the back, asked me basic scenario questions,. He asked me what I knew about goodwills affiliations and programs (I did research before hand), asked my flexibility and skills, I brought in a resume (it looks good) Getting a job there was great, they offer extra classes and relocation.

Interview Questions

• How do you do under stress?   1 Answer
    • What do you do with a customer that is angry or unhappy with your service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Dont be late, the buses make it a bit hard to get there if you don't drive so you NEED to leave early if you do, I almost flunked the interview.