Goodwin Procter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.7

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goodwin Procter (Boston, MA).

Interview

Pretty much the same as every other law firm: they take you around to the offices of a few partners and a few associates and you spend about 30 minutes with each person. Nothing crazy or unexpected. Generally people are friendly.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwin Procter.

Interview

-Submitted online app, through which I was required to provide 3 references.
    -30-min phone screen with recruiter > several hours onsite with manager, immediate team & HR business partner > final round of onsite with manager & others on the BD team/ office-specific folks.
    -All 1:1 and no curveball questions. Final round felt more like a formality. This was before they implemented structured interviewing.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodwin Procter.

Interview

I met with a number of individuals during the course of two rounds of interviews. The communication from the individual setting up my interviews was strong and I felt well-prepared. Everyone I met with was pleasant and I learned a lot about the organization.

Records Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwin Procter (Boston, MA).

Interview

I met with a panel of people in a conference room: The chair partner, the senior paralegal, and the business manager. The whole process took about 2 and one half hours. Water and snacks were provided. Everyone was nice and cordial. There was no trick, gotcha like questions. Everything was straight forward, no worries. Take bath, dress nice, and be polite and you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this position?
      What relevant experiences do you bring to the job?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodwin Procter (Boston, MA).

Interview

A few partners I interviewed in their office I was a lateral attorney so it was a regular interview process. There is nothing more to say it was a conversation

Interview Questions

• What my experience was and what practice group I was looking to go into or group I thought I wanted to concentrate   1 Answer

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goodwin Procter (New York, NY).

Interview

Patience, Patience is what is required. The process is very long and usually takes 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all straight forward and it was more of a getting to know you vibe than an inquisition.   Answer Question

Case Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodwin Procter (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview was very extensive and was with multiple people, including those currently in the Case Assistant Position.

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodwin Procter (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Applied for a litigation paralegal role online. Took three days for paralegal manager to get back to me. I was scheduled for an interview the following week and ended up meeting with six people that day, which resulted in me being there for five hours. I was offered the position the very next day.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodwin Procter (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Standard two round process through a headhunter. I asked to go back before accepting the offer so I had a total of 3 sets of interviews. Pretty average process for Big Law, you will meet with the recruiting people, associates and partners. No surprises here.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about why you want to be a litigator and why Goodwin?   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goodwin Procter (Boston, MA) in August 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed my HR, called back and interviewed with an attorney and associate I would be working for. Both interviews went well. They basically told me verbally I'd be getting an offer. They called my references and got glowing references for me. However, I never received the offer. It bothered me that they called my present employer and then didn't offer me the job despite getting a great reference.