Goodyear Interview Questions in Akron, OH | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2017

3.2

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH).

Interview

I spoke with them at my university career fair. They asked me to do an interview on campus the next day, this interview was with me and 3 people were interviewing me. I was called a few days later and they asked me to fly out to Akron, OH for an interview day. Around 50 students were there that day and there were multiple interviews, tours, and info sessions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about this experience. How would you handle this situation? Also a lot of star questions   Answer Question

Consumer Sales Squad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial panel interview locally after college career fair, interviewed again at corporate headquarters in Ohio. Interview was conducted as a panel, and involved multiple panels. Great lunch afterwards with employees formerly in the position applied for.

Very long wait time for response on an offer.
    Month and a half later, travel expense report still hasn't been processed.

Interview Questions

• All STAR questions, often very poorly worded and unclear.   Answer Question

Commercial Sales Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Intense hiring/interview process. Initial interview after speaking with a representative at my university's career fair. Next interview was at their headquarters in Akron, Ohio which was an all day ordeal including orientation, and three separate interviews with various members of their organization.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

4 30 minute Behavioral interviews during the final interview. Met with finance and accounting staff during the interview. Every interviewer asked the question, "Tell me about yourself?" I interviewed on campus first, then received a phone call to come to the headquarters in Akron.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by an on-site where you had to meet with six different people seperatley. It took several hours which seemed a bit much for just an intern position. They also took very long to set up interview times after the initial call and also failed to respond to emails. It was way to in depth for a internship position and was also very un-organized. I was disappointed in my experience because I believed Goodyear to be a great company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a tough work situation and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

I was invited to an on-campus interview after speaking with recruiters at a career fair at my University. I was contacted in a week or so and invited for a second interview at their global headquarters in Akron, OH. Everyone throughout the process was very nice and accommodating. The on-campus interview was with two people and the interview at Akron was 2 interviews but one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to come up with a creative solution to a problem.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH).

Interview

Be prepared for a long process. Hiring is a lower priority for top leaders so no matter what promises are made on speed, it could be weeks between steps or feedback. Goodyear knows it's culture and will highlight the opportunities and challenges which are not to be discounted. The interview will have some focus on experience but the bigger leadership concern is fit with the organization.

Interview Questions

• How are you able to work in a consensus driven culture?   1 Answer

Global Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

after our schools career fair i had an interview with two guys from Goodyear. i love this company and everything that it does. the people were great, the interview was laid back, and they responded to me relatively quickly. the guys that interviewed me were funny and helpful as this was my first interview with anyone. they made me feel comfortable and allowed me to answer the questions truthfully and to my best abilities.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to fix something and how did you do it?   1 Answer

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH).

Interview

I had an interview on campus and then they brought me in for an on-site interview. For the on-site interview there were multiple interviews throughout the day with different people.

Marketing Manager/North America Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH).

Interview

Contacted by an outside recruiting firm followed by a phone interview. A month later I was contacted by Goodyear HR for a video interview based on behavioral and culture fit questions.

Another month later I was contacted by HR again to ask if I was still interested but in the course of our conversation I learned that the scope and responsibilities of the original position changed. I was concerned but still continued with the interview process.

2-3 weeks later I was brought in for a half day interview with multiple team members. Standard interview questions but focused heavily on culture and team fit. Based on past conversations I believe the department experienced some significant turn over and a very specific "fit" was needed. Great conversations with HR and hiring manager but other team members made no effort to hide the fact that they were missable and disgruntled. They were clear that only a specific person fits with the Goodyear culture but they couldn't provide examples or characteristics. After my interview i leveraged my network for advice and past employees spoke of morale issues and others had similar interview experiences.

Received an email 2 weeks later stating that I was being turned down for the role.