Goodyear Interview Questions in Akron, OH | Glassdoor

3.3

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Section Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH).

Interview

1st you submit to a position via online app process. If you are a match you’ll receive a follow up email with a link to a few knock out questions. Assuming you past those you have a phone screen with the recruiter. It will be basic to help validate fit. There will be a few more knockout questions. This info is pasted to the hiring manager, who selects candidates for an initial phone screen. Typically there will be either another phone screen or in person interview. The in person will be with hr, then you’ll interview with potential peers on the team as well as the hiring manger. This could be panel interviews or a series of 1:1 interviews. The overall process is very slow.

Interview Questions

• The questions are typically situation based. For example tell me about a time when you had to sacrifice quality to meet a deadline. They look for a response in the STAR format.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Five STAR behavioral questions before it ended. I asked to skip two initially, then came back and answered one of them and sat thinking about the last one for probably over a minute, but could not come up with an answer.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you had to make a decision without adequate information.   Answer Question

General Crewman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mogadore, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Mogadore, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter, followed by Skype video interview with chief pilot(s) and crew chief(s), progressing to an on site walkthrough and interview with the same persons. Upon approval, a job offer is received contingent upon a background check and hair follicle test.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work a highly fluctuating schedule including travel?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH).

Interview

I spoke with them at my university career fair. They asked me to do an interview on campus the next day, this interview was with me and 3 people were interviewing me. I was called a few days later and they asked me to fly out to Akron, OH for an interview day. Around 50 students were there that day and there were multiple interviews, tours, and info sessions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about this experience. How would you handle this situation? Also a lot of star questions   Answer Question

Consumer Sales Squad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial panel interview locally after college career fair, interviewed again at corporate headquarters in Ohio. Interview was conducted as a panel, and involved multiple panels. Great lunch afterwards with employees formerly in the position applied for.

Very long wait time for response on an offer.
    Month and a half later, travel expense report still hasn't been processed.

Interview Questions

• All STAR questions, often very poorly worded and unclear.   Answer Question

Commercial Sales Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Intense hiring/interview process. Initial interview after speaking with a representative at my university's career fair. Next interview was at their headquarters in Akron, Ohio which was an all day ordeal including orientation, and three separate interviews with various members of their organization.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

The intern process was very tough but thorough. They asked very specific behavioral questions. There were 4 separate interviews, one on campus and 3 in Akron. I believe this process has changed or will be changing in the future though

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to motivate a group of people that felt distance from a larger group   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

4 30 minute Behavioral interviews during the final interview. Met with finance and accounting staff during the interview. Every interviewer asked the question, "Tell me about yourself?" I interviewed on campus first, then received a phone call to come to the headquarters in Akron.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by an on-site where you had to meet with six different people seperatley. It took several hours which seemed a bit much for just an intern position. They also took very long to set up interview times after the initial call and also failed to respond to emails. It was way to in depth for a internship position and was also very un-organized. I was disappointed in my experience because I believed Goodyear to be a great company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a tough work situation and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

I was invited to an on-campus interview after speaking with recruiters at a career fair at my University. I was contacted in a week or so and invited for a second interview at their global headquarters in Akron, OH. Everyone throughout the process was very nice and accommodating. The on-campus interview was with two people and the interview at Akron was 2 interviews but one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to come up with a creative solution to a problem.   Answer Question