Goodyear Innovation Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Innovation Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied online, and the first hurdle is passing through their recruitment agency, The RightThing. In my case, the outside firm declined me but an actual Goodyear HR recruiter contacted me on LInkedIn and got me back into the process. I do not know how to "pass" the screen test from their outside agency, but from reading here and elsewhere it seems to be almost luck. They are not very good at their job nor do they understand the positions.

There was a phone interview followed by an online video interview with the hiring manager. Very good interview and meaningful questions related to the job. Nothing too surprising.

I was invited to a final onsite interview. This was a 3 - 4 hour process and included a lunch interview. My first interviewer was an HR representative. This person was very nice, but perpetuated the stereotype of a worthless HR recruiter. Stock meaningless questions that seemed to come from a negative point of view, e.g. tell me about a weakness (then another one), a time you failed, a struggle, etc. They wanted all of my salary history, but in turn would not volunteer any compensation information. In fact, all of the interviewers followed some sort of corporate guide in asking questions. I then spoke with two potential colleagues. Nice people, corporate questions. This was followed by a one-on-one with another individual and finally a one-on-one with the hiring manager. This included an interview over lunch. His questions deviated from the stock corporate framework and were more insightful and related to the position. My final interview was with a senior VP executive. Nice guy, good questions and nothing too odd.

I was told I would hear back in a couple of weeks, at the end of which I reached out to corporate and their agency. Did not hear back for several more weeks and eventually found out they passed on me. More on that later.

The Good:
Everybody was very nice and personable. They seemed to be genuinely good people.

The Bad:
Terrible HR competency, both internal to Goodyear and external agency. A search for cliche and pointless interview questions would give a good idea of their HR interview approach. Take HR out of the equation, and it would have been better. Nice people, just terrible systems.

The Ugly:
Unprofessional incompetence. While I was very disappointed in not receiving an offer, I'm a grown adult and am OK with a rejection. What upset me was the lack of communication. I interviewed for a mid-senior level position. I was expecting a phone call, which I did not get. At the minimum I would have expected an email. I did not even get that. I received zero communication from them regarding my status. No phone call, no personalized email, no generic thanks-but-no-thanks email. I found out by logging into my online candidate account online.

An absolutely terrible experience. I will no longer ever purchase a product from Goodyear based on their blatant unprofessional lack of communicating their decision. Sort of ironic in that part of the position dealt with the customer experience.

Interview Questions