Goodyear Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.9

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gadsden, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Gadsden, AL).

Interview

It began with a phone screen. Then a panel interview with 5 people asking behavioral questions. If you passed that then final interview with Plant manager or production manager. It is a very long process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to handle a difficult employee? What happened and what did you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH).

Interview

I spoke with them at my university career fair. They asked me to do an interview on campus the next day, this interview was with me and 3 people were interviewing me. I was called a few days later and they asked me to fly out to Akron, OH for an interview day. Around 50 students were there that day and there were multiple interviews, tours, and info sessions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about this experience. How would you handle this situation? Also a lot of star questions   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goodyear in February 2017.

Interview

I got an e-mail to provide time slots for a phone interview within a week followed by quick time slot for a phone interview by HR Manager. Discussion was to the point inline with what job qualification requires.

Interview Questions

• Related to work experience in line with job opening.   1 Answer

Maintenance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goodyear (Topeka, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

Initially had a phone interview with Goodyear recruiter. Then a couple weeks later was contacted for on-site. Interviewing team was great honestly made me feel comfortable and they were easy to talk to. By far one of the best interviews I have ever done. Couple weeks was contacted with an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

Goodyear claims to use a behavior based interviewing process, however of all the interviews I went through during my Goodyear career not once was a behavioral based interview utilized. They were typical random questions that anyone could answer. Panel Interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you disagreed with your boss?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview with district manager, then in store interview with district. Followed up with another phone interview with a head who covers the west half of USA and Hawaii. Then another conversation with district. Then a UA, then a hair test, so prepare to lose some hairs, for store managers you do a hair test, that we found out about after the UA was sent. Altogether a slow process, from application, almost a month.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever terminated someone?   1 Answer

Consumer Sales Squad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial panel interview locally after college career fair, interviewed again at corporate headquarters in Ohio. Interview was conducted as a panel, and involved multiple panels. Great lunch afterwards with employees formerly in the position applied for.

Very long wait time for response on an offer.
    Month and a half later, travel expense report still hasn't been processed.

Interview Questions

• All STAR questions, often very poorly worded and unclear.   Answer Question

Accounts Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (New York, NY).

Interview

It was over all a pleasant experience. Interviewer was friendly and welcoming. Basically, there are 2 interviewers during the process and only one of them was asking the questions and replying.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

I was contacted on two separate occasions (2 separate job postings for similar jobs) by a representative from Goodyear's HR Department (Same rep. for both postings). In her voicemail messages, she stated that I had been selected for a phone screening interview and could I please return her phone call at my earliest convenience. On both occasions, I returned the call within 20 minutes and got her voicemail. After 2 days, I left another voicemail, and after 4 days, yet another. The HR Rep. never returned my calls nor answered any of my voicemail messages. Nor did she send me an email or otherwise contact me about these positions. I have inquired about this practice with others in my profession who told me that it is common practice among professionals in this area to just ignore postings from Goodyear, because my experiences are commonplace. I guess that is why I see the same jobs posted over and over again. I consider this to be a highly unprofessional practice considering those that are being ignored are hopeful of potential future employment when receiving the call from HR. Then, to be completely ignored in borderline reprehensible. This practice has also appeared to instill a very unfavorable impression of Goodyear in my profession.

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Concord, CA).

Interview

I had to be persistent to get job. I had an initial application interview which led to a drug test, and psychiatric test. I was proactive about the process.