Goodyear Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.9

200 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consumer Sales Squad Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

Had a interview in person when they came to my school. They then flew me to the HQ in Ohio. Beautiful campus and hope you like the smell of rubber.

Interview Questions

• Star questions: when a project didn’t go your way. When people in the group had different interests.   Answer Question

Section Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH).

Interview

1st you submit to a position via online app process. If you are a match you’ll receive a follow up email with a link to a few knock out questions. Assuming you past those you have a phone screen with the recruiter. It will be basic to help validate fit. There will be a few more knockout questions. This info is pasted to the hiring manager, who selects candidates for an initial phone screen. Typically there will be either another phone screen or in person interview. The in person will be with hr, then you’ll interview with potential peers on the team as well as the hiring manger. This could be panel interviews or a series of 1:1 interviews. The overall process is very slow.

Interview Questions

• The questions are typically situation based. For example tell me about a time when you had to sacrifice quality to meet a deadline. They look for a response in the STAR format.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Cleveland, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

I was offered an interview after the career fair at school. Had a two hour in person interview where they asked questions about my resume and a lot of behavioral situations. Then was called to their office and interviewed in person.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation when your ethical beliefs were challenged and how did you react?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goodyear in October 2017.

Interview

A lot of behavioral based questions, but rarely was asked about actually skills. They only cared about how you react to certain situations compared to problem solving. They had two separate panels (each were about 45 minutes) and they asked almost the exact same questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time that you went above and beyond other's expectations.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Five STAR behavioral questions before it ended. I asked to skip two initially, then came back and answered one of them and sat thinking about the last one for probably over a minute, but could not come up with an answer.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you had to make a decision without adequate information.   Answer Question

General Crewman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mogadore, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Mogadore, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter, followed by Skype video interview with chief pilot(s) and crew chief(s), progressing to an on site walkthrough and interview with the same persons. Upon approval, a job offer is received contingent upon a background check and hair follicle test.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work a highly fluctuating schedule including travel?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

Went through all stages of the interview process with the hiring team, process took about 5 weeks with 1 phone screen, 2 onsite interviews and 1 video interview. Interview was pretty standard and everyone was very professional and open, interview was behavior based questions. What turned me off about the whole process, is that after going through the whole process and being one of the final candidates I never received any feedback about the hiring decision, no phone call, no email, nothing, I even reached out to the person who had been scheduling my interviews to see if there had been any decision made and was told she would have the hiring manager reach out to me, but never got any response. Thought it was a bit unprofessional to have a candidate go through the whole hiring process down to a final interview and not receive even an email saying we have selected another candidate.

Commercial Tire Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoughton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goodyear (Stoughton, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I took the day off to do this interview. I arrive and find out the manager is out on the road and it will be a phone interview. Also, there are only two of us interviewing and he did not know I was there to be interviewed also. No organization at all and a waste of my time.

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goodyear (Cleveland, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

two loops of interview
    1. HR interview. asked about the projects
    2. After two weeks, a Indian Manager interview. asked about technique details. The question included: programming language, Robotics Operating System and 3D printing.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to use Arduino   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gadsden, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Gadsden, AL).

Interview

It began with a phone screen. Then a panel interview with 5 people asking behavioral questions. If you passed that then final interview with Plant manager or production manager. It is a very long process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to handle a difficult employee? What happened and what did you do?   Answer Question