Goodyear Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.9

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hebron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goodyear (Hebron, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

This was a great site with info for my interview, so I should share.
    Applied online (1.5hrs) via a link from college.
    3.5hrs later I got an email to take a proctored online test (1.5hrs).
    Took test on Friday morning, got a call first thing Monday, scheduled a 3person phone interview for that afternoon.
    Phone interview: LOTS of behavioral questions, plus the 2minute sell-yourself speech. (Both of which I failed as bad as the test I took) BE PREPARED, know your resume and be ready to explain it to them in detail without being asked any side questions!
    Amazingly, for failling everything so far I was invited to s 5hr "meet&greet" the following monday.
    Meet & Greet:
    there we 6 applicants, but only 4 showed up. DO NOT Wear a suit jacket, it would be overkill. I was the only person with a tie besides a GY engineer. Be ready for a full on psych observation from 16-20 people. 1/4 HR, 1/4 GY Senior Engineers, 1/4 Team you will be working with, 1/4 unknown.
    2 45minute interviews, both just me with an HR and with GY top Engineer, so a 2on1.
    The rest of the time was non-stop questions. BE SO READY FOR MANY BEHAVIORAL QUESTIONS!!!!!! Bring a pen & pad.
    I also failed this horribly. Never been asked so many behavioral questions in my life combined!

Great people! Would have been a great job in Hebron Ohio at the new R&D plant.
    The pay was never given.

Interview Questions

• To many to think! Be ready for non-stop "tell us about a time when...." If you stall they note, it's hard.   1 Answer

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in February 2011.

Interview

Very organized. Began with a phone interview with a 3rd party. Then a phone interview with hiring manager. Then it was 8 hours of on-site interviews with 15 different people. 6 different sessions. Both one on one and group interviews. Concluded with a presentation . Long day but well structured. Feedback and response received within 7 days.

Interview Questions

• Describe the strategic sourcing process you would follow for specific project   Answer Question

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in October 2010.

Interview

Long and Arduous. Goodyear has a third party HR firm weed out the initial wave of applicants. They are a bugger to get past. They use a high level leadership driven interview process developed by another third party to determine your leadership attributes by the way you answer situational questions on the phone. After which you must submit to an online application and then a personality exam. All of this and you still know nothing of the position other than the posted job description. Next was a day full of interviews. I had two with two interviewers each and one 1:1 with their boss. I was exhausted by the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a tire to be used on the moon?   2 Answers
    • What automotive industry trends would you expect to impact goodyears product line?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. When most companies could not budge on price, but would add vacation time, Goodyear would not budge on either, but the salary offered was strong. Vacation is an across the board policy, all newbies are equal. Some of the older employees have 5 or 6 weeks vacation, but according to my paperwork I will only be eligible for 4 at a maximum 15 years from start date. I'll get 3 weeks after 5 years.
    I covet vacation, and am very disappointed in Goodyear's offering.

Retail Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in June 2010.

Interview

Interview process was very demanding and required a lot of work but they keep you very well informed. Started with multiple personality tests and very thorough background checks.Had multiple phone interviews and was then flown to Akron for a panel and multiple 1:1s. Everyone was great. Interviews were tough. They were very upfront with everything. The HR director asked the dreaded "what do you feel is your greatest weakness?" question. I was told that this was what kept me from getting the position. I said that I could be cocky but had realized it and was working on it. The people who were offered the position seemed to lean towards saying they had organization issues.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is your greatest weakness.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH).

Interview

I spoke with them at my university career fair. They asked me to do an interview on campus the next day, this interview was with me and 3 people were interviewing me. I was called a few days later and they asked me to fly out to Akron, OH for an interview day. Around 50 students were there that day and there were multiple interviews, tours, and info sessions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about this experience. How would you handle this situation? Also a lot of star questions   Answer Question

Alternant controle de gestion Interview

Interview

Un premier entretien avec les ressources humaines avec un test en anglais et des critiques à la fin de l'entrtien.
    Puis un deuxieme entretien avec l'operationnel qui n'etait pas disponible mais qui m'a fait passé un autre test.
    Et enfin un troisieme entretien avec un autre test.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

4 30 minute Behavioral interviews during the final interview. Met with finance and accounting staff during the interview. Every interviewer asked the question, "Tell me about yourself?" I interviewed on campus first, then received a phone call to come to the headquarters in Akron.

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Concord, CA).

Interview

I had to be persistent to get job. I had an initial application interview which led to a drug test, and psychiatric test. I was proactive about the process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear in March 2013.

Interview

Round 1: the recruiting process started with a personal interview with Human Resource officer, followed by a personal interview with the future manager, a written test to prove one's ability to write clearly, and a personality test. The whole process took about 3 hours
    Round 2: introduction to management

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Procurement Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goodyear (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview was conducted at Goodyear Regional Offices in São Paulo. There were several interviewers, some in person and some by video conference with the global management located at the headquarters in Akron - Ohio. Goodyear HR Team organized very well the agenda and logistics. Discussions were very business focused and very friendly.

Interview Questions

• How could I help Goodyear to grow and win in the Latin America market beating local competitors and mainly the very agressive competition from Asian importers?   1 Answer