Goodyear Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goodyear Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

3.1

IT Intern Interview

Interview

I visited the careers section in their web site and applied for the IT Intern position. I created a profile in their web site and submitted my resume for the same. After some days, the interview has been scheduled.

Interview Questions

• what was your biggest hurdle so far?   Answer Question
    • How do you react if someone in your group is not working or committed to work ?   1 Answer

Tire/Research Development Interview

Interview

It is a Webex video interview. You will be interviewed by the Chief Engineer and an Associate Engineer. You will be asked the standard interview questions about your background, your strengths and weaknesses and how your could contribute to the company. Also you will be asked if you've ever disliked an employer.

Interview Questions

• Name a moment of accomplishment in you academics or work?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

Apply the position on campus. Take the interview on Friday and get the rejection email on Sunday. The interview is held in University's career center.

Interview Questions

• Almost all the behavior questions are related to "teamwork". Keep asking me what should I do if teammates don't make contributions. I thought they should ask questions related to other aspects such as leadership, ability of dealing with emergency, etc. I'm quite surprised that several behavior questions in a row are all related to teamwork.   Answer Question

New Ventures Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Goodyear in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a Senior Recruiter, at The RightThing (an ADP company) for a position with Goodyear Tire and Rubber company. Since the opportunity seemed interesting, I agreed to explore it further and sent him my resume. The recruiter even asked me to fill out the online application and this is where the unprofessional experience began.

The way the online application system was set up caused me to attempt to complete the application at least 3 times. Apparently Goodyear or The RightThing do not have the internal staff to test that their system works.

When I pointed out the glitch, to the recruiter in our phone conversation, his response to me was - "how convenient". This should have been a flag to me to stop the process at this point.

However, this recruiter is persistent and calls me a couple of times, without warning, and asks that I try to fill the extremely long application again and we do this 2 or 3 times before they figure out that their system has a problem. Again this should have prompted me to stop the process immediately.

After the phone screen, I was informed by the recruiter that he will be forwarding my resume to the hiring manager and that he will let me know the next step.

Anyway- After I have jumped through the hoops, to apply for an opportunity that seemed interesting, i get an automated email saying that they are pursuing other candidates. I am ok with not being the right candidate for the job but what I am not OK with is the manner in which the whole process was conducted.

In summary: The recruiter (and by relation The RightThing and Goodyear) did not leave a positive impression in my mind about how they conduct their hiring process. I felt like I was used to fill a certain quota of applicants for a position to help justify the work done by the recruiter. This to me is a learning experience that might be valuable to others applying for opportunities or might be contacted for opportunities to ensure that your time is not wasted and to appropriately pick on the signals that serve as warnings before proceeding.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked by the recruiter were standard and the length of the phone screen should have been a warning. The entire process was very unprofessional.   Answer Question

Tire Engineering Interview

Interview

online test, telephone interview, onsite with three individual interviews and one group exercise. few questions about technical problem just global view of tire design. Talked about future design of tire.

Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

Interview was 45 minutes long. Basic Behavioral Questions. Had an online webcam interview with 3 people. The interview was very mundane, nothing too exciting. I wish they didn't have a webcam interview as it is very awkward and uncomfortable, especially since you can always see yourself during the interview.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from HR the next morning. Set up time with HR for phone interview. Completed a Phone interview. HR called next day to set up onsite interview. Onsite interview and tour of the facility.

Global Leader Strategic Integration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Goodyear (Cleveland, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

I was invited to apply the position (in 12/11), soon after I was asked to take an online tests, which evaluated my ability to perform under situations of conflict. After a two month wait I got a call for a phone interview, in which they asked questions like what is innovation, do you have reengineering experience, do you have cross cultural experience, how do you manage a situation when you have give priority one project over another? I think thhis phase of the selection was done by Rightthing inc based in Findlay, OH, who must be contractors to Goodyear. After the interview I was told I will get a result within a week, but within few seconds I was asked to fill the corporate recruitment form. After filling the form and waiting for another couple of months, I get an email message saying my background doesn't fit their business needs. Good, they invite a person to apply and take four months doesn't meet theit requirements. I don't what kinfd of people work there

Quality Engineering Co-op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

It took almost 2 months to set up first interview. The first interview itself was a video conference interview. It was a panel of two, both from Quality Control department. They were friendly and listened to all the answers patiently. The interview covered most of the behavioral questions such as my plan for next five years, am I comfortable working in a team or not, what is the most difficult situation I have faced, what is the most tricky decision I have taken etc. They did not go much in the technical stuff. The interview lasted for over 45 minutes. They forgot to ask my availability in the interview so I received a mail from the HR department for the same. I provided my availability and did not receive any reply from them.

Interview Questions

• There were none. All the questions were simple and of the kind that one would expect in the first interview.   Answer Question

Store Manager Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (North Canton, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online. First step was online assesment, after that through the e-mail company invited me to schedule interview... When I arrived at place to partcipate on the interview, store manager was out of the store. I took his business card and tried to set another time for interview, he promised to call me back.... but no responses... finally, I scheduled interview via customer support team representative. During the interview, manager didn't asked any questions about job which I applied , just few questions about previous employment history and education.

As I understood from conversation, employees is not necessary asset for managers at GoodYear company, they take care only about sale goals. Sadly, but true.