Goodyear Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.1

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by an on-site where you had to meet with six different people seperatley. It took several hours which seemed a bit much for just an intern position. They also took very long to set up interview times after the initial call and also failed to respond to emails. It was way to in depth for a internship position and was also very un-organized. I was disappointed in my experience because I believed Goodyear to be a great company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a tough work situation and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

I was invited to an on-campus interview after speaking with recruiters at a career fair at my University. I was contacted in a week or so and invited for a second interview at their global headquarters in Akron, OH. Everyone throughout the process was very nice and accommodating. The on-campus interview was with two people and the interview at Akron was 2 interviews but one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to come up with a creative solution to a problem.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

Met at Career fair and was asked to do an interview the next day. Interview was only 30 minutes and pretty straight forward. Questions were mostly behavioral in nature. Not any technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation when a group member was not carrying their weight and how you reacted.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Interview

Multiple interviews spread across two days. There were many different interviewers, most from GoodYear's global headquarters. The process was intimidating, despite their best efforts to make everyone more relaxed. I went in expecting a mix of technical and behavioral questions, but there seemed to be no technical assessment involved. I don't know if I got an offer yet, I will update this if I do.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were standard behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager/North America Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH).

Interview

Contacted by an outside recruiting firm followed by a phone interview. A month later I was contacted by Goodyear HR for a video interview based on behavioral and culture fit questions.

Another month later I was contacted by HR again to ask if I was still interested but in the course of our conversation I learned that the scope and responsibilities of the original position changed. I was concerned but still continued with the interview process.

2-3 weeks later I was brought in for a half day interview with multiple team members. Standard interview questions but focused heavily on culture and team fit. Based on past conversations I believe the department experienced some significant turn over and a very specific "fit" was needed. Great conversations with HR and hiring manager but other team members made no effort to hide the fact that they were missable and disgruntled. They were clear that only a specific person fits with the Goodyear culture but they couldn't provide examples or characteristics. After my interview i leveraged my network for advice and past employees spoke of morale issues and others had similar interview experiences.

Received an email 2 weeks later stating that I was being turned down for the role.

Entry Level Shop Assistance Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goodyear in August 2015.

Interview

The manager was professional and seemed like the type of person that was easy to get along with but would be strict when the time came. He complimented me on my resume and interview skills

Interview Questions

• If you could be a cookie what kind of cookie would you be   Answer Question

Sales Policy Management Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

I was not actively in the job market, but was contacted by this company via LinkedIn. I decided I was interested enough in the opportunity to see the process through. I responded that I was interested, and a few weeks later was invited to have the initial phone screening. This was followed by a video conference interview some weeks later with the hiring manager and their manager/director. The video conference interview lasted roughly an hour and we discussed the position and my qualifications, fairly typical interview format.

Roughly three weeks after the video-conference interview, I was asked to come to Akron Corporate HQ to interview in person, and was connected with the staff who coordinate travel. All expenses were paid. The on-site interview lasted roughly 3 hours, and included a few HR staff members, hiring manager, department director, and lead in-house counsel. Again, fairly typical format of questions. Lastly there was a tour of the floor where the department is based, cafeteria, fitness center, etc.

Following the interview it was at least two, maybe three weeks before I heard anything further, which was only after I inquired of the HR contact whether they could provide an update. The only response I received was what appeared to be an automated rejection email. I felt after having gone as far as I had through the process and taken the time to interview in person, something more personal would have been more professional and appreciated. Other than that, it was a fairly positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did I look for a job with Goodyear?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

The HR personnel was very nice, asked me some easy and tough questions, gave me instant feedback about my performance, and told me how to be effective when I go for interviews next time.

I like the fact she had to explain where I can improve.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

The process consisted of a phone interview, a personality test and a long in-person interview in Akron. The people doing the interviews seemed distracted and acted like they did not want to be there. They did not have good things to say about the direction of the company or the people. All of the people gave me great feedback and said I would get the job yet they did not even take me to the next step. They also ask you to do a case study which is childish and not needed at this level.

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Topeka, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goodyear (North Topeka, KS) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was a woman forgot her name, it was at the Topeka warehouse plant on 24 hi way. You apply online, it took me 2 months for them to finally call me. Once they did it was by email, they give you a certain time to respond to that email, to call and set the time for your interview. If you are one second late for your interview you will not be considered. The job started off at 16.25 an hour, they have you dress casual, they were impressed that I wore dress shirt, slacks, and polished dress shoes. They say the interview will last an 11/2 hour, but it only lasted 20 min.

Interview Questions

• You are asked what is your strength and weakness, what did you like or dislike about your previous jobs, you are asked at your last job name a time you suggested something to your employer and they used your idea, they ask you name a time when you have acted in a way that is not becoming, If hired what will you bring. etc. They ask about twenty questions. My interview was on April 12, 2015 and I have never heard from them again. I asked them what they are looking in an employee, I was told dependable, and self motivated. They were looking to hire 50 people, and I was told they were already over their max, we were being interviewed just in case someone didn't pass background or their UA test. I was also told, they didn't no when I would possibly be called: they said it could be two weeks, a month, or six months. In other words they were saying you didn't get the job. Very discouraging. and I have a Bachelors Degree.   Answer Question