Goodyear Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.1

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I had 3 panel interviews with 2 managers each. The time between the interviews were weeks. The interview overall was average. They asked behavior type questions. The managers seemed friendly.

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

very long and dull, asked minimum did not seem too interested in background and did not answer many of my questions to the full extent in which I had asked. found it a little uncomfortable

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

It was different. 3 different people with 3 very different perspectives interviewed me. 2 went well 1 didn't. I was never contacted again by them. Overall there was a strange atmosphere to the offices I was in.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between and accounting major and a finance major, because where I am from we don't have both.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

Met a Hr representative at a career fair and they scheduled an interview the next morning. 5 behavior based questions but nothing too hard. Got a call back for a second round interview in Akron, OH. Went out to dinner with two HR reps the day before the interview. Next morning went to the headquarters and was interviewed by 3 people and they asked more behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. Ex: " Whats the most successful report you have written?   Answer Question

Consumer Sales Squad Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goodyear in November 2014.

Interview

4 separate 40 minute interviews back to back. Mostly resume based. They ask about leadership. Class projects that have gone poorly. They also ask how you keep up to date on business information.

IT Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

I was reached out to on LinkedIn by a recruiter from a staffing agency that Goodyear uses for their positions. After e-mail communication he and I had a phone conversation. I then had an hour long phone interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Name three questions you would ask if you were going to design a user access provisioning system?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goodyear in September 2014.

Interview

I got an interview from a career fair even held at my current university. I came in the next day for my scheduled interveiw and sat down at a table across from two Goodyear employees. They went on to ask me about 5 behavioral questions throughout the interveiw, and between questions they would make comments and we would just have a conversation. The interveiw was very relaxed and the emplyees were easy to talk to to. They understand that you may need a second to gather your thoughts and they are willing to give you that time to formulate a well rounded response.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had to work in a team, tell me about a time where you had to be involved with an unethical situation, why goodyear?   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume and then received a call within a few days to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was about an hour. Asked the standard questions. Nothing difficult or out of the norm.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a great fit for this position?   1 Answer

Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

Interview was 45 minutes long. Basic Behavioral Questions. Had an online webcam interview with 3 people. The interview was very mundane, nothing too exciting. I wish they didn't have a webcam interview as it is very awkward and uncomfortable, especially since you can always see yourself during the interview.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me early in the year and asked me to apply online. Did so and received a rejection email a week later.

Recruiter contacted me again a month ago, asked me to apply online, again, for the same position. Did so and was called for a phone interview. Apparently did well enough on the phone interview to warrant an in-person interview. Interviewed with 4 different people, one from HR, three from the department. Received rejection email on the Saturday after the interview (work-life balance, anyone?).

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or technical. All "tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

See What Goodyear Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Former Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Pros: “Goodyear has a well defined plan, both operations and administrative. The company is flexible and during my time there, shifted from an inventory based production to a just in time...”“Goodyear has a well defined plan, both operations and administrative. The company is flexible and during my time there, shifted from an inventory based production to a just in time production schedule and beat the recession. The company is strict on protocol, procedure and deadlines, but with more than 70,000 employees globally, that is necessary. As with any large company there is a lot of "red tape" but overall, a good place to work, as long as you can thrive in a huge, Fortune 100 setting.” – Full Review