Goodyear Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

88 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Policy Management Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

I was not actively in the job market, but was contacted by this company via LinkedIn. I decided I was interested enough in the opportunity to see the process through. I responded that I was interested, and a few weeks later was invited to have the initial phone screening. This was followed by a video conference interview some weeks later with the hiring manager and their manager/director. The video conference interview lasted roughly an hour and we discussed the position and my qualifications, fairly typical interview format.

Roughly three weeks after the video-conference interview, I was asked to come to Akron Corporate HQ to interview in person, and was connected with the staff who coordinate travel. All expenses were paid. The on-site interview lasted roughly 3 hours, and included a few HR staff members, hiring manager, department director, and lead in-house counsel. Again, fairly typical format of questions. Lastly there was a tour of the floor where the department is based, cafeteria, fitness center, etc.

Following the interview it was at least two, maybe three weeks before I heard anything further, which was only after I inquired of the HR contact whether they could provide an update. The only response I received was what appeared to be an automated rejection email. I felt after having gone as far as I had through the process and taken the time to interview in person, something more personal would have been more professional and appreciated. Other than that, it was a fairly positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did I look for a job with Goodyear?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

The HR personnel was very nice, asked me some easy and tough questions, gave me instant feedback about my performance, and told me how to be effective when I go for interviews next time.

I like the fact she had to explain where I can improve.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

The process consisted of a phone interview, a personality test and a long in-person interview in Akron. The people doing the interviews seemed distracted and acted like they did not want to be there. They did not have good things to say about the direction of the company or the people. All of the people gave me great feedback and said I would get the job yet they did not even take me to the next step. They also ask you to do a case study which is childish and not needed at this level.

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Topeka, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goodyear (North Topeka, KS) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was a woman forgot her name, it was at the Topeka warehouse plant on 24 hi way. You apply online, it took me 2 months for them to finally call me. Once they did it was by email, they give you a certain time to respond to that email, to call and set the time for your interview. If you are one second late for your interview you will not be considered. The job started off at 16.25 an hour, they have you dress casual, they were impressed that I wore dress shirt, slacks, and polished dress shoes. They say the interview will last an 11/2 hour, but it only lasted 20 min.

Interview Questions

• You are asked what is your strength and weakness, what did you like or dislike about your previous jobs, you are asked at your last job name a time you suggested something to your employer and they used your idea, they ask you name a time when you have acted in a way that is not becoming, If hired what will you bring. etc. They ask about twenty questions. My interview was on April 12, 2015 and I have never heard from them again. I asked them what they are looking in an employee, I was told dependable, and self motivated. They were looking to hire 50 people, and I was told they were already over their max, we were being interviewed just in case someone didn't pass background or their UA test. I was also told, they didn't no when I would possibly be called: they said it could be two weeks, a month, or six months. In other words they were saying you didn't get the job. Very discouraging. and I have a Bachelors Degree.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I had 3 panel interviews with 2 managers each. The time between the interviews were weeks. The interview overall was average. They asked behavior type questions. The managers seemed friendly.

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

very long and dull, asked minimum did not seem too interested in background and did not answer many of my questions to the full extent in which I had asked. found it a little uncomfortable

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

It was different. 3 different people with 3 very different perspectives interviewed me. 2 went well 1 didn't. I was never contacted again by them. Overall there was a strange atmosphere to the offices I was in.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between and accounting major and a finance major, because where I am from we don't have both.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

Met a Hr representative at a career fair and they scheduled an interview the next morning. 5 behavior based questions but nothing too hard. Got a call back for a second round interview in Akron, OH. Went out to dinner with two HR reps the day before the interview. Next morning went to the headquarters and was interviewed by 3 people and they asked more behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. Ex: " Whats the most successful report you have written?   Answer Question

Consumer Sales Squad Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goodyear in November 2014.

Interview

4 separate 40 minute interviews back to back. Mostly resume based. They ask about leadership. Class projects that have gone poorly. They also ask how you keep up to date on business information.

IT Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

I was reached out to on LinkedIn by a recruiter from a staffing agency that Goodyear uses for their positions. After e-mail communication he and I had a phone conversation. I then had an hour long phone interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Name three questions you would ask if you were going to design a user access provisioning system?   Answer Question