Goodyear Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goodyear Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.9

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

Straight forward, 4 panel interviews with 3 people each interview. The process took rather long, probably 3 weeks from start to finish for an internal interview. Pay is great, but a real screwed up environment.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had an issue with a manager and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

met with manager, spoke for a bit answered questions and went for drug test.waited for call back which was about 3 days later and i was hired. usual 90 waiting day period.

Interview Questions

• can you lift 50lbs or more   1 Answer

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flemington, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goodyear (Flemington, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

I found the job in an online job search. I completed an application online and attached my updated resume. Once the picked out my application they had me take an online test multiple choice with various scenarios and different ways to handle them. Soon after completing the online test I received a call from the storm manager to schedule a one on one interview. During the interview I was given a web site to fill out and physical ability statement and background check consent.

Interview Questions

• Questions with regard to my resume and my experience. Next he asked questions about my current employer and my reasons for leaving. We went over the hypothetical situations and management style. He went over the job requirements, schedule and current staff. He asked me about my job expectations and work availability. We discussed my desired compensation and current bonus structure.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Initial offer in interview was too low. Made counter at interview. Interviewer consulted with management and got back to me that evening.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goodyear (Arlington, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the head of the company. I was contacted by a head hunter who referred me to an interview. I went to the office and got a pretty good feeling from the boss.

Marketing Manager/North America Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH).

Interview

Contacted by an outside recruiting firm followed by a phone interview. A month later I was contacted by Goodyear HR for a video interview based on behavioral and culture fit questions.

Another month later I was contacted by HR again to ask if I was still interested but in the course of our conversation I learned that the scope and responsibilities of the original position changed. I was concerned but still continued with the interview process.

2-3 weeks later I was brought in for a half day interview with multiple team members. Standard interview questions but focused heavily on culture and team fit. Based on past conversations I believe the department experienced some significant turn over and a very specific "fit" was needed. Great conversations with HR and hiring manager but other team members made no effort to hide the fact that they were missable and disgruntled. They were clear that only a specific person fits with the Goodyear culture but they couldn't provide examples or characteristics. After my interview i leveraged my network for advice and past employees spoke of morale issues and others had similar interview experiences.

Received an email 2 weeks later stating that I was being turned down for the role.

Entry Level Shop Assistance Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goodyear in August 2015.

Interview

The manager was professional and seemed like the type of person that was easy to get along with but would be strict when the time came. He complimented me on my resume and interview skills

Interview Questions

• If you could be a cookie what kind of cookie would you be   Answer Question

Sales Policy Management Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

I was not actively in the job market, but was contacted by this company via LinkedIn. I decided I was interested enough in the opportunity to see the process through. I responded that I was interested, and a few weeks later was invited to have the initial phone screening. This was followed by a video conference interview some weeks later with the hiring manager and their manager/director. The video conference interview lasted roughly an hour and we discussed the position and my qualifications, fairly typical interview format.

Roughly three weeks after the video-conference interview, I was asked to come to Akron Corporate HQ to interview in person, and was connected with the staff who coordinate travel. All expenses were paid. The on-site interview lasted roughly 3 hours, and included a few HR staff members, hiring manager, department director, and lead in-house counsel. Again, fairly typical format of questions. Lastly there was a tour of the floor where the department is based, cafeteria, fitness center, etc.

Following the interview it was at least two, maybe three weeks before I heard anything further, which was only after I inquired of the HR contact whether they could provide an update. The only response I received was what appeared to be an automated rejection email. I felt after having gone as far as I had through the process and taken the time to interview in person, something more personal would have been more professional and appreciated. Other than that, it was a fairly positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did I look for a job with Goodyear?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Interview

The interview process was extensive. I started with a phone screen followed by a personality assessment and then two rounds of in person interviews with multiple people. However, the questions were standard and, even though the process was long, I didn't think it was excessive.

Interview Questions

I think they've really improved their overall culture but I didn't want to make the commute to Akron. I was also worried about work life balance.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

The HR personnel was very nice, asked me some easy and tough questions, gave me instant feedback about my performance, and told me how to be effective when I go for interviews next time.

I like the fact she had to explain where I can improve.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

The process consisted of a phone interview, a personality test and a long in-person interview in Akron. The people doing the interviews seemed distracted and acted like they did not want to be there. They did not have good things to say about the direction of the company or the people. All of the people gave me great feedback and said I would get the job yet they did not even take me to the next step. They also ask you to do a case study which is childish and not needed at this level.