Goodyear Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goodyear Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.9

Accountant Interview

Interview

The interview process was extensive. I started with a phone screen followed by a personality assessment and then two rounds of in person interviews with multiple people. However, the questions were standard and, even though the process was long, I didn't think it was excessive.

Interview Questions

I think they've really improved their overall culture but I didn't want to make the commute to Akron. I was also worried about work life balance.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview

The HR personnel was very nice, asked me some easy and tough questions, gave me instant feedback about my performance, and told me how to be effective when I go for interviews next time.

I like the fact she had to explain where I can improve.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

The process consisted of a phone interview, a personality test and a long in-person interview in Akron. The people doing the interviews seemed distracted and acted like they did not want to be there. They did not have good things to say about the direction of the company or the people. All of the people gave me great feedback and said I would get the job yet they did not even take me to the next step. They also ask you to do a case study which is childish and not needed at this level.

Center Manager Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Hood, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goodyear (Fort Hood, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

First step of the process was a phone interview. Second interview was a face to face interview with two people. Following the second interview I was invited to visit the different types of facilities that the company operates to get a feel for which environment I liked the most.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with someone who wasn't performing to standard and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH).

Interview

I met with HR, department manager, HR manager, and regional manager. I had three meetings in person and two over Skype. Did a brief skills assessment on excel simulation.

General Maintenance Interview

Interview

The hiring process is easy. It's pretty much straight forward if you know how to work on a car or if you don't. Really flexible hours. Because a lot of people don't like to work on cars.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to do an oil change   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by supervisor, and department head. Hired by staffing agency. Two to three weeks to go through the pre-employment process. Just follow the job description to prepare for the interview. Make sure you can show how your experience will lend to the success of the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, you can negotiate you salary and other benefits.

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goodyear (Fayetteville, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fair. The actual job responsibilities did not match the description. Front office expectations did not match actual job. Lack of knowledge on interviewing. Desperate to get a body into the position.

Interview Questions

• What is the extent of your Engineering background?   1 Answer

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Topeka, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goodyear (North Topeka, KS) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was a woman forgot her name, it was at the Topeka warehouse plant on 24 hi way. You apply online, it took me 2 months for them to finally call me. Once they did it was by email, they give you a certain time to respond to that email, to call and set the time for your interview. If you are one second late for your interview you will not be considered. The job started off at 16.25 an hour, they have you dress casual, they were impressed that I wore dress shirt, slacks, and polished dress shoes. They say the interview will last an 11/2 hour, but it only lasted 20 min.

Interview Questions

• You are asked what is your strength and weakness, what did you like or dislike about your previous jobs, you are asked at your last job name a time you suggested something to your employer and they used your idea, they ask you name a time when you have acted in a way that is not becoming, If hired what will you bring. etc. They ask about twenty questions. My interview was on April 12, 2015 and I have never heard from them again. I asked them what they are looking in an employee, I was told dependable, and self motivated. They were looking to hire 50 people, and I was told they were already over their max, we were being interviewed just in case someone didn't pass background or their UA test. I was also told, they didn't no when I would possibly be called: they said it could be two weeks, a month, or six months. In other words they were saying you didn't get the job. Very discouraging. and I have a Bachelors Degree.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goodyear (Akron, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I had 3 panel interviews with 2 managers each. The time between the interviews were weeks. The interview overall was average. They asked behavior type questions. The managers seemed friendly.