Google Account Strategist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Account Strategist Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2017

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university for a position at Google in Ireland. Nir Belsky from the Google office in Ireland contacted me and asked me to reapply online for the Adwords account strategist position. About a week after I had applied a recruiter contacted me via email with a few more questions such as "Why do you think you are suitable for this position" after I had responded there was an interview date set up. The questions we pretty straight forward. Personally it was my first interview and I was way too stressed. I would recommend learning Adwords very well, getting a good night's sleep and not let your nerves get to you!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had 2,000 client emails to get but there is no way for you to deal with all of them in the time that you have?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very exhausting, but not too difficult. The process took about 7 weeks from beginning to end. I had 6 interviews total including the initial recruiter screen. Best advice, prepare and you'll do fine!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

Started with phone interview with HR rep. Was straight forward- asked about why this position, etc. Took maybe 15 minutest total. Tried to figure whether this was the right position or if I should be applying to another open position. Then had a phone interview with team manager. Took about 30 minutes total. Asked questions about background, and several situational ("tell me about a time...") queries.

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I got referred by my friend who worked in google and was contacted by the HR after a few days. The first interview is a phone call interview by the HR. She just briefly introduced the interview process and asked the questions about the resume and Google Adwords.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through your resume? How do you explain adwords to not technique-savvy clients?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Screen, Followed by two phone interview back to back with someone in the position and a manager, followed by an on site interview at the Mountainview Office. Interviews were scheduled on Pacific Time and were back to back. The first seemed to be testing whether or not you fit the culture, while the second seemed more focused on determining if you had an aptitude for creative problem solving.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your past work experience.

Which do you think has more advertising potential in Boston, a flower shop or funeral home?

Explain AdWords to a 6 year old.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was two 1:1 interviews. The first interview was focused on Google's advertising products and behavioral questions. The second interview was mainly focused on my thought process and how capable I was to explain my thoughts.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you would contact your Google book of clients?   Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google in March 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume through an employee referral. About a week later I got an email from a recruiter to set up a phone interview.

There was a lot of background noise on the recruiter's end so it was difficult to hear the questions at times. I'm a very nervous interviewer and I wanted this job a lot so I was speaking very fast and my answers were quite scattered. Bad jokes were made, social awkwardness was displayed, an unfavorable image was conveyed, etc. The recruiter was very nice and kept saying "great answer" in a faux-enthusiastic tone, which in retrospect was probably a bad sign.

Questions asked included:
    -Why Google?/tell me about yourself/why are you interested in this role?
    -What are the main benefits of AdWords?
    -How would you deal with an angry customer?

My interview didn't go very well so instead of scheduling a follow-up interview the recruiter said notes from the interview would be shown to a hiring manager who would decide my employment fate. From what I've heard if the interview goes well and there is a good rapport between you and the interviewer they will schedule a follow-up right away.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Google product? How would you make it better?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter after sending resume to a current Google employee. We set up two interviews back to back. The first was a lot of resume stuff, as well as a few business questions, and the second was only 4 business scenario type questions. Overall the process went really well, the interviewers were great. Unfortunately didnt make it to the next round.

Interview Questions

• What 3 things would you change at your University/work place if you were CEO today?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume through current employee initially. Less then a week later I had two phone interviews that were pretty basic interview questions about my resume and behavioral questions. I was contacted two days later about flying out for final interviews. The on site interviews were similar to the phone interviews with a few more situation based questions. Both on site interviews were good experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that something was falling through the cracks and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

Submitted resume online and received an email that night asking for more info (transcripts, whether I'd be able to start by their preferred date.) Received a screening call the next day and then I guess I passed because I scheduled 2 phone interviews with them later that week.

Interview went really well. I spoke to the SMB Sales Team Leader and then a Team Member. Questions seemed general, nothing extremely surprising.

Interview Questions

• What are the three benefits of Google Adwords? Rank them.   Answer Question