Google Account Strategist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

3.6

88 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google in September 2017.

Interview

I applied onilne for a position far from where I am currently and the recruiter failed to phone screen me several times at the very moment I contacted her at the scheduled time. I would say the whole experience is fine but the beginning is definitely a disaster. I woke up early and stayed up late in the middle the night to talk to a recruiter but only left with anger and disappointment. After this annoying phone screen ends, I was interviewed with three Googlers, who are my future managers and ()a senior analysts. I didn't pass the fourth interview (phone screen included).

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

The recruiter unfortunately did not know much about the role he was recruiting for. I applied for the Account Strategist Ad Sales position, took 3 weeks for him to reply to schedule. Finally get on the call and after covering my 10 years experience in ad sales - He says "we are looking for someone with ad sales experience". (???). Very strange. Then he proceeded to contradict the job description posted online. I asked him to elaborate since the website description said otherwise and he couldn't. It was so weird. It was a poor experience with Google, for sure. Company seems unorganized from a recruiting standpoint.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was 1 phone screening and 3 onsite interviews. Interviewers were very laid back, struck common conversation which lifted any nerves. They would ask questions and then hear out your answer and probe you to evaluate more on an idea that you had presented.

Interview Questions

• If you were to find a way to increase Google Chrome usage in another country by 5X, what would be your game plan.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

I was emailed by a recruiter to set up a phone interview/screening. The recruiter explained to me about the role briefly and outlined what to expect from the interview process, she then emailed me resources and tools to prepare myself for the questions I might be asked.

I was then advanced on to an actual phone interview with their Staffing Services Associate who I spoke with regarding my work experience and just told her about myself.

From there I was asked to come into the Google office to interview in person. I met with two of the (Mid-Market Sales / Marketing) Managers who would be directly involved with me should I get the position. I also had a Google Hangout video interview with the Head of Mid-Market Manager from the New York office as my third in office interview. The questions were right in line with what the recruiter said they'd be, so I gave them the best answers I could with the amount of research I was about to complete in the few days I had while still working my full time job.

I will say that my experience is not the norm, my entire interview process from speaking with a recruiter to phone interview and in-person interviews were all conducted within 4 days. I think most commonly the hiring process take a couple of months, so I was quite surprised at how fast it all happened.

The experience was exhilarating, I was staying up late nights to study the materials. It was almost like college but I was studying things I was genuinely interested in and starting to build a passion for. Every single google employee I interacted with was extremely kind and polite and made me feel comfortable to speak freely. While it was an interview for a job I wanted more than any I've ever applied for, I felt less nervous than any I have been too.

From my in person interview, I was then asked to provide references along with answers to a few other questions. I was being reviewed by the hiring committee and should I be selected from there my references would be contacted.

It was just a few short days later that I was contacted by my initial recruiter to let me know that I was not selected for the role. As anyone who makes it that far into the interview process, I was quite heart broken. I felt like the interviews all went really well, so I was left only to assume that there was someone slightly better qualified as Google is not permitted to tell you why they did not select you. I think that is the only frustration I had, as I just wish I knew what I could do to improve to get it right next time, or if I wasn't selected for something that I can't change?

Since this experience I have not given up, I have continued to apply for different openings and will continue to apply until I become a "Googler"!

If you're trying to get in, don't give up! Google is great, and therefore gets thousands of applicants for their openings. Just be persistent and continue to stay up to date with what's happening within their company. There are youtube channels that will give you all sorts of information - I have found them to be a great learning tool!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university for a position at Google in Ireland. Nir Belsky from the Google office in Ireland contacted me and asked me to reapply online for the Adwords account strategist position. About a week after I had applied a recruiter contacted me via email with a few more questions such as "Why do you think you are suitable for this position" after I had responded there was an interview date set up. The questions we pretty straight forward. Personally it was my first interview and I was way too stressed. I would recommend learning Adwords very well, getting a good night's sleep and not let your nerves get to you!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had 2,000 client emails to get but there is no way for you to deal with all of them in the time that you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very exhausting, but not too difficult. The process took about 7 weeks from beginning to end. I had 6 interviews total including the initial recruiter screen. Best advice, prepare and you'll do fine!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

Started with phone interview with HR rep. Was straight forward- asked about why this position, etc. Took maybe 15 minutest total. Tried to figure whether this was the right position or if I should be applying to another open position. Then had a phone interview with team manager. Took about 30 minutes total. Asked questions about background, and several situational ("tell me about a time...") queries.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I got referred by my friend who worked in google and was contacted by the HR after a few days. The first interview is a phone call interview by the HR. She just briefly introduced the interview process and asked the questions about the resume and Google Adwords.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through your resume? How do you explain adwords to not technique-savvy clients?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

applied through website and heard back in 2 weeks, I did two rounds of hangout interview with recruiter and manager, and finally on site interview offer came but I had to decline due to issues

Interview Questions

• Why google/ why account strategist/ related prior experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Screen, Followed by two phone interview back to back with someone in the position and a manager, followed by an on site interview at the Mountainview Office. Interviews were scheduled on Pacific Time and were back to back. The first seemed to be testing whether or not you fit the culture, while the second seemed more focused on determining if you had an aptitude for creative problem solving.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your past work experience.

Which do you think has more advertising potential in Boston, a flower shop or funeral home?

Explain AdWords to a 6 year old.   Answer Question