Google Account Strategist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

3.6

88 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Strategist Interview

Interview

It's a long, gruelling process, but there's a reason for every step - once you're in they really take care of you!

Recommendations
- make sure you're prepared, have some industry knowledge, specific knowledge for the role, and practise different styles of questions
- be yourself, and show how you specifically are unique (it also makes you more relaxed when you don't have to pretend!)
- stay upbeat no matter what they throw at you

Enjoy and good luck!

Interview Questions

• Run through all the questions others have put up on glassdoor   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in September 2015.

Interview

First step was a phone-screen where I had to account for my experience and motivation to work for Google. Some role-related questions. Second step was another phone-interview but this time with an account manager. Many tricky questions about mobile advertising and questions related to the future prospects of the industry as a whole. Third step was three interviews onsite. Fourth step a Hangout. Best advice is to prepare well.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you are coming up short for reaching your targets in a quarter, how would you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2011.

Interview

There are multiple interviews including two phone interviews. One with a recruiter and one with a Googler. Then there are three onsite (same day) interviews with team members and management. Finally you will need to submit an employment pack.

Interview Questions

• How would you advise business X in relation to Adwords strategy?   Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a googler, and then I got contacted some days later by a recruiter.
    (important: you can only make it trough a referral. This is important, and it will pop up later on).

The HR was quite messy, and she took 1 month to agree on a date. However, when I talked to her, the interview was very easy and she was very kind to me.

Next step was with an account manager. Now, all questions are purely, purely behavioural on skills related to the job (tell me how you handle client, tell me how you have sold something, etc) and I did not had any google-product related questions, which threw me off a bit. No questions on googleyness. Just STAR questions.

I did not pass to the next round.

A couple of considerations:

1) the referral system screws off a bit, imho. I got the sense that when you are referred, you HAVE to be called and because of this you are staffed on positions which might not suit your profile. Because of the fact that your previous experience does matter, this is a problem which arise later on, and on which you are heavily judged on.
    2) Because of the strongly behavioural driven interview, there are no real right or wrong answers - this is complicated that by the fact that Google interviewers look for "something" (googleyness), which is neither explained what it is nor actually explicable (I doubt that Goole can actually define what they are looking for).
    3) Feedback is null. Again, in the process there is this heavy sense of vagueness.
    4) At the end, you are tested on skills it is not apparently mandatory to have and judged on impalpable traits that are not clear at all.

At the end, I am quite glad I was not hired.

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I interviewed at Google in March 2014.

Interview

Quite messy interview process.
    First of all, I have the sense google only works trough refers - if you have one, you will go, otherwise you will not. This actually is quite a problem, because if you are referred what happens next is that you got interviewed almost 100%, but then you are cut off because of lack of experience later on, thus meaning you lose time.

I got contacted from an HR quite sometimes after I got referred, and passed the first screening, with very basic questions.
    I then had a phone interview with a Googler who was quite hostile to me and made me just a couple of questions. Google is super structured - they really want you to be almost like a robot.

Got a mail one week after saying I did not pass with no explanations.

I personally think it is impossible to prepare for Google. Googleyness was not tested to me (and how to, in case? it is not even clear what it is), questions on Google products were not tested either, just one behavioural questions after another, with no real true answer (also; the interviewer test one question after another imo reading a paper, thus not adjusting to what you say/don't say). The sense of indefiniteness I had in the whole process, the total absence of reliable metrics on which I was judged on and the absence of a true feedback left me very perplexed, and I do not think I will apply to Google again.

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mexico City (Mexico)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through Cia de Talentos
    Got contacted weeks later, answered a google Fit Quiz

Had first interview with Cia de talentos

Had first interview with Google HR.

2 following interviews with Google, possible team partners interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve ROI for x, y company in 6 months?
      Why shouldn't we hire you?
      Tell me a time you had a problem at a leadership position and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

The interview process was transparent and straight forward. After the initial phone interview I had two more rounds on the phone before I was invited to Dublin where I had the chance to meet the whole team.

Interview Questions

• How many consumers are currently using the Internet at this point in time?   Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Lengthy process and very gruelling. Mostly case based questions were asked. Important to be able to think on the spot and great with back of the envelope math. Had a written round before that as well. The time to respond by the company after interview is fairly long. Had multiple rounds of interview. It is surely not easy and its best to go prepared atleast about Google and products.

Interview Questions

• Mostly case based questions were asked   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

I was emailed by a recruiter to set up a phone interview/screening. The recruiter explained to me about the role briefly and outlined what to expect from the interview process, she then emailed me resources and tools to prepare myself for the questions I might be asked.

I was then advanced on to an actual phone interview with their Staffing Services Associate who I spoke with regarding my work experience and just told her about myself.

From there I was asked to come into the Google office to interview in person. I met with two of the (Mid-Market Sales / Marketing) Managers who would be directly involved with me should I get the position. I also had a Google Hangout video interview with the Head of Mid-Market Manager from the New York office as my third in office interview. The questions were right in line with what the recruiter said they'd be, so I gave them the best answers I could with the amount of research I was about to complete in the few days I had while still working my full time job.

I will say that my experience is not the norm, my entire interview process from speaking with a recruiter to phone interview and in-person interviews were all conducted within 4 days. I think most commonly the hiring process take a couple of months, so I was quite surprised at how fast it all happened.

The experience was exhilarating, I was staying up late nights to study the materials. It was almost like college but I was studying things I was genuinely interested in and starting to build a passion for. Every single google employee I interacted with was extremely kind and polite and made me feel comfortable to speak freely. While it was an interview for a job I wanted more than any I've ever applied for, I felt less nervous than any I have been too.

From my in person interview, I was then asked to provide references along with answers to a few other questions. I was being reviewed by the hiring committee and should I be selected from there my references would be contacted.

It was just a few short days later that I was contacted by my initial recruiter to let me know that I was not selected for the role. As anyone who makes it that far into the interview process, I was quite heart broken. I felt like the interviews all went really well, so I was left only to assume that there was someone slightly better qualified as Google is not permitted to tell you why they did not select you. I think that is the only frustration I had, as I just wish I knew what I could do to improve to get it right next time, or if I wasn't selected for something that I can't change?

Since this experience I have not given up, I have continued to apply for different openings and will continue to apply until I become a "Googler"!

If you're trying to get in, don't give up! Google is great, and therefore gets thousands of applicants for their openings. Just be persistent and continue to stay up to date with what's happening within their company. There are youtube channels that will give you all sorts of information - I have found them to be a great learning tool!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was 1 phone screening and 3 onsite interviews. Interviewers were very laid back, struck common conversation which lifted any nerves. They would ask questions and then hear out your answer and probe you to evaluate more on an idea that you had presented.

Interview Questions

• If you were to find a way to increase Google Chrome usage in another country by 5X, what would be your game plan.   1 Answer