Google Account Strategist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Account Strategist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2017

3.6

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Google (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2016.

Interview

Very disjointed and not what I expected to experience from such a large enterprise such as Google. It was like they hadn't even reviewed the information that I'd submitted online. I had provided a detailed CV and covering letter and based on the screening questions it seemed like they had not bothered to read any of it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

I was emailed by a recruiter to set up a phone interview/screening. The recruiter explained to me about the role briefly and outlined what to expect from the interview process, she then emailed me resources and tools to prepare myself for the questions I might be asked.

I was then advanced on to an actual phone interview with their Staffing Services Associate who I spoke with regarding my work experience and just told her about myself.

From there I was asked to come into the Google office to interview in person. I met with two of the (Mid-Market Sales / Marketing) Managers who would be directly involved with me should I get the position. I also had a Google Hangout video interview with the Head of Mid-Market Manager from the New York office as my third in office interview. The questions were right in line with what the recruiter said they'd be, so I gave them the best answers I could with the amount of research I was about to complete in the few days I had while still working my full time job.

I will say that my experience is not the norm, my entire interview process from speaking with a recruiter to phone interview and in-person interviews were all conducted within 4 days. I think most commonly the hiring process take a couple of months, so I was quite surprised at how fast it all happened.

The experience was exhilarating, I was staying up late nights to study the materials. It was almost like college but I was studying things I was genuinely interested in and starting to build a passion for. Every single google employee I interacted with was extremely kind and polite and made me feel comfortable to speak freely. While it was an interview for a job I wanted more than any I've ever applied for, I felt less nervous than any I have been too.

From my in person interview, I was then asked to provide references along with answers to a few other questions. I was being reviewed by the hiring committee and should I be selected from there my references would be contacted.

It was just a few short days later that I was contacted by my initial recruiter to let me know that I was not selected for the role. As anyone who makes it that far into the interview process, I was quite heart broken. I felt like the interviews all went really well, so I was left only to assume that there was someone slightly better qualified as Google is not permitted to tell you why they did not select you. I think that is the only frustration I had, as I just wish I knew what I could do to improve to get it right next time, or if I wasn't selected for something that I can't change?

Since this experience I have not given up, I have continued to apply for different openings and will continue to apply until I become a "Googler"!

If you're trying to get in, don't give up! Google is great, and therefore gets thousands of applicants for their openings. Just be persistent and continue to stay up to date with what's happening within their company. There are youtube channels that will give you all sorts of information - I have found them to be a great learning tool!

Account Strategist Interview

Interview

It's a long, gruelling process, but there's a reason for every step - once you're in they really take care of you!

Recommendations
    - make sure you're prepared, have some industry knowledge, specific knowledge for the role, and practise different styles of questions
    - be yourself, and show how you specifically are unique (it also makes you more relaxed when you don't have to pretend!)
    - stay upbeat no matter what they throw at you

Enjoy and good luck!

Interview Questions

• Run through all the questions others have put up on glassdoor   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was 1 phone screening and 3 onsite interviews. Interviewers were very laid back, struck common conversation which lifted any nerves. They would ask questions and then hear out your answer and probe you to evaluate more on an idea that you had presented.

Interview Questions

• If you were to find a way to increase Google Chrome usage in another country by 5X, what would be your game plan.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

A Google recruiter came to my university, I applied the same day to the account strategist position in Mountain View and Ann Arbor. About a month later I was emailed that I was selected for a phone interview, after that screening interview (about 30 min) a few hours later I was emailed again saying I had been selected to move on. About a week later I had two 45 minute back to back phone interviews. About a day later I was emailed saying that I had been selected for the final round for an interview on Ann Arbor campus. I was flown there two weeks later and had 3 back to back interviews. The first one was a 3 on 1 and the other two were one on ones.

Interview Questions

• What is Google's next big product?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

Started with phone interview with HR rep. Was straight forward- asked about why this position, etc. Took maybe 15 minutest total. Tried to figure whether this was the right position or if I should be applying to another open position. Then had a phone interview with team manager. Took about 30 minutes total. Asked questions about background, and several situational ("tell me about a time...") queries.

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2015.

Interview

Yes very informative and very clear, all round a good experience, was well organised and was informed of all the information at the right time to prepare for each stage

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2014.

Interview

Extremely positive interview experience. Got acquainted with Google's fun culture but also wide range of portfolio. Wide range of questions which aside from role specific, focused also on identifying my way of thinking and problem solving capability. There was effort by the interviewers to see whether I would be really fit for the precise role, instead of a more general "is he/she good for us".

Interview Questions

• If Gmail's services were no longer for free, what model of payment would you suggest?   Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process is quite straightforward but usually depends on the availability of the role and their current headcount. I applied via referral. It took 12 days for them to get back and approve my application. They asked to fill in the short form with the motivational questions: why google. your proud achievement. your availability. etc After they review it, you get an HR confirmation interview that's focused on your general understanding of the role. Why Google? what google does, What account strategist does, what main products do we have, why this role..nothing unexpected. The second stage consists of three interviews with google team members. So far I've done two of them (waiting for another one). The first one is a sales pitch - you're given a particular client and you have to talk over their challenges ( demand decline, slow growth) and suggest adwords solutions. My advice is to learn more about adwords and read success stories and forums so you can identify easily what can go wrong. Also ask follow up questions e.g : What's the traffic been like ? what's the company's pas performance? You will show your kwledge of the clients relationships. The second interview is very role focused and based on understanding of you daily activities. Still waiting for their reply. Hope it helps. They are friendly and open people so it's important for them to see your honesty. Don;t make up things. It's better admit that you're unsure than to lie.

Interview Questions

• -Why Google? What is Adwords? What if you were given a portfolio that consists of 500 clients? How would you manage it? What's your recent challenge? Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

The questions were more around my previous experience and Google products. There were 3 round of interviews. First was telephonic followed by two round through video conferencing.

The interviewers described in detail what the role would require me to do and also asked in depth details of my previous experience