Google Account Strategist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 29, 2017

3.6

85 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google in March 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume through an employee referral. About a week later I got an email from a recruiter to set up a phone interview.

There was a lot of background noise on the recruiter's end so it was difficult to hear the questions at times. I'm a very nervous interviewer and I wanted this job a lot so I was speaking very fast and my answers were quite scattered. Bad jokes were made, social awkwardness was displayed, an unfavorable image was conveyed, etc. The recruiter was very nice and kept saying "great answer" in a faux-enthusiastic tone, which in retrospect was probably a bad sign.

Questions asked included:
-Why Google?/tell me about yourself/why are you interested in this role?
-What are the main benefits of AdWords?
-How would you deal with an angry customer?

My interview didn't go very well so instead of scheduling a follow-up interview the recruiter said notes from the interview would be shown to a hiring manager who would decide my employment fate. From what I've heard if the interview goes well and there is a good rapport between you and the interviewer they will schedule a follow-up right away.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Google product? How would you make it better?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter after sending resume to a current Google employee. We set up two interviews back to back. The first was a lot of resume stuff, as well as a few business questions, and the second was only 4 business scenario type questions. Overall the process went really well, the interviewers were great. Unfortunately didnt make it to the next round.

Interview Questions

• What 3 things would you change at your University/work place if you were CEO today?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

A Google recruiter came to my university, I applied the same day to the account strategist position in Mountain View and Ann Arbor. About a month later I was emailed that I was selected for a phone interview, after that screening interview (about 30 min) a few hours later I was emailed again saying I had been selected to move on. About a week later I had two 45 minute back to back phone interviews. About a day later I was emailed saying that I had been selected for the final round for an interview on Ann Arbor campus. I was flown there two weeks later and had 3 back to back interviews. The first one was a 3 on 1 and the other two were one on ones.

Interview Questions

• What is Google's next big product?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume through current employee initially. Less then a week later I had two phone interviews that were pretty basic interview questions about my resume and behavioral questions. I was contacted two days later about flying out for final interviews. The on site interviews were similar to the phone interviews with a few more situation based questions. Both on site interviews were good experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that something was falling through the cracks and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

Submitted resume online and received an email that night asking for more info (transcripts, whether I'd be able to start by their preferred date.) Received a screening call the next day and then I guess I passed because I scheduled 2 phone interviews with them later that week.

Interview went really well. I spoke to the SMB Sales Team Leader and then a Team Member. Questions seemed general, nothing extremely surprising.

Interview Questions

• What are the three benefits of Google Adwords? Rank them.   Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

Interview

written test followed by a phone screening. 4 rounds of personal interviews after that

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Phoneton, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

Referral, recruiter talk, phone interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2013.

Interview

The process was pretty standard which kind of surprised me given the reputation for Google's interviews. I was contacted by a recruiter about week after I applied and scheduled a phone interview. I went over my resume, why I wanted the job, and was asked to go to second round interview on the phone.

The second round was an onsite interview and the process of setting up travel, etc. was pretty easy. The actual interview was made up of four half-hour interviews with people who worked in or close to the position I was applying for (SMB Account Strategist for Adwords). All the interviewers were very nice and relaxed. I actually remember thinking afterwards that I was unsure whether I had done a good job building a rapport with them or whether they were just incredibly friendly people.

During the interviews, we went over my resume, how it prepared me for the position, examples where I was part of a team, where I displayed leadership, and a few other standards. There were a few personal questions as well, like what my proudest accomplishment was and what a weird quirk about me was.

The recruiter gave me the decision within one business day. I didn't get offer, but it was overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the most complex term in your current field of work? Explain it to me like I'm 5 years old.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

applied through a friend, passed the phone screen then they paid me to fly into mountain view for three thirty minute interviews. overall it was a pretty easy process. once you're done with the interview you have to prepare a hiring packet that expands on your resume.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize calling a portfolio of businesses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied online at Google.com/jobs after some Google reps came to my school for an information session. I was also referred for the position, which really helps get your resume to the top. I was contacted 2 weeks later for in-person interviews at my school's career center. There were 2 interviews -- one about my background and leadership experiences in college, the other was very behavioral based.

After those interviews, I was contacted via email about 2 weeks later, inviting me out for interviews at the corporate headquarters in Mountain View, CA. There were also two back-to-back interviews - but they were both behavioral and brain teaser focused. I stayed in contact with the recruiter and the Googler who referred me and 4 weeks later, I received a phone call offering me the job!

Interview Questions

• Most difficult - how many marbles fit into a jar and how would you project the amount of tennis balls to be sold in Germany this year (they've done away with questions like this, though).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate my salary and relocation assistance.