Google Account Strategist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Account Strategist Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2017

3.6

Account Strategist Interview

Interview

It's a long, gruelling process, but there's a reason for every step - once you're in they really take care of you!

Recommendations
- make sure you're prepared, have some industry knowledge, specific knowledge for the role, and practise different styles of questions
- be yourself, and show how you specifically are unique (it also makes you more relaxed when you don't have to pretend!)
- stay upbeat no matter what they throw at you

Enjoy and good luck!

Interview Questions

• Run through all the questions others have put up on glassdoor   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

The questions were more around my previous experience and Google products. There were 3 round of interviews. First was telephonic followed by two round through video conferencing.

The interviewers described in detail what the role would require me to do and also asked in depth details of my previous experience

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process is quite straightforward but usually depends on the availability of the role and their current headcount. I applied via referral. It took 12 days for them to get back and approve my application. They asked to fill in the short form with the motivational questions: why google. your proud achievement. your availability. etc After they review it, you get an HR confirmation interview that's focused on your general understanding of the role. Why Google? what google does, What account strategist does, what main products do we have, why this role..nothing unexpected. The second stage consists of three interviews with google team members. So far I've done two of them (waiting for another one). The first one is a sales pitch - you're given a particular client and you have to talk over their challenges ( demand decline, slow growth) and suggest adwords solutions. My advice is to learn more about adwords and read success stories and forums so you can identify easily what can go wrong. Also ask follow up questions e.g : What's the traffic been like ? what's the company's pas performance? You will show your kwledge of the clients relationships. The second interview is very role focused and based on understanding of you daily activities. Still waiting for their reply. Hope it helps. They are friendly and open people so it's important for them to see your honesty. Don;t make up things. It's better admit that you're unsure than to lie.

Interview Questions

• -Why Google? What is Adwords? What if you were given a portfolio that consists of 500 clients? How would you manage it? What's your recent challenge? Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangkok (Thailand)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Bangkok (Thailand)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process involved several interviews from direct reports, peers and cross-functional teams and consisted of digital/advertising industry basic knowledge to a working-knowledge of the company's products/services, all the way to advanced situation analysis and solutions-based offering to ascertain a well rounded view of the interviewee.

Interview Questions

• Roleplay situations were standard in all of my interviews, these were client/company situations where we alternated between either roles.   Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter per mail, followed by 2 phone Interviews, Hr first, then with a team member. Very friendly and helpful, even though a lot of competency based questions.
    Finally three onside-interviews on one day.
    Nice experience, learned a lot.

Interview Questions

• Why this role? Why Google?
      What skills do you bring and examples from experience
      Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Google (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2016.

Interview

Very disjointed and not what I expected to experience from such a large enterprise such as Google. It was like they hadn't even reviewed the information that I'd submitted online. I had provided a detailed CV and covering letter and based on the screening questions it seemed like they had not bothered to read any of it.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work at Google.   1 Answer

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2015.

Interview

Yes very informative and very clear, all round a good experience, was well organised and was informed of all the information at the right time to prepare for each stage

Interview Questions

• Why you, why the role, why Google   1 Answer

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2015.

Interview

Background and ability review. Reasonable questions. Clearly explained the role. Since it's contractor role so the interview process is casual and shorter than the average interview time for Full time staff. Not challenging as expected.

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in September 2015.

Interview

First step was a phone-screen where I had to account for my experience and motivation to work for Google. Some role-related questions. Second step was another phone-interview but this time with an account manager. Many tricky questions about mobile advertising and questions related to the future prospects of the industry as a whole. Third step was three interviews onsite. Fourth step a Hangout. Best advice is to prepare well.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you are coming up short for reaching your targets in a quarter, how would you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google in August 2015.

Interview

Phone call about yourself and interview with situational questions and tests. Same as the previous reviews that you find here. I did not get to the last round. Overall it was pleasent and I leraned a lot

Interview Questions

• what would you do in this specific case, how would you handle the problem   Answer Question