Google Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Google

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Was referred through a current employee. Had an initial phone screen just to elaborate on qualifications/experience. A couple of weeks later had a phone interview with questions that were rather difficult and ended the interview having absolutely no idea what to expect. Two weeks later I was invited for an onsite interview with one EA and one AA - they were both exceptionally kind women and the interview was relaxed and informative. They asked very rational questions and posed hypotheticals. A week later I returned for an interview with the director of the team - the interview was fine, the director was a very nice man and asked applicable questions.

Did not get the job because of limited experience. The most frustrating aspect of the interview process was the nearly complete lack of feedback from the interviewers - I was able to squeeze "limited experience" out of the recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Talk me through the steps that would need to be taken when planning the opening party for a new Google Campus in Bangalore, India.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

very friendly interview

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

The first interview was actually more of an information verification check, conducted by a very junior recruiter. It lasted 15 minutes, and I didn't hear back again for more than a week. When I did, it was to let me know that the next step was a 45 minute (approx.) phone interview that would test my critical thinking and process skills. They asked me three hypothetical questions. I would list them here, but I fear they would give me away. :) Broad strokes version is that they want to know how you think, in the most minute of details. Unfortunately, I later realized that this is how they conduct all of their business: to the minutest of detail, even when that sort of detail is neither readily available nor helpful to the over all goal. I guess my answers were sufficient, because I got called to do an on-campus interview that was originally supposed to be in front of a panel of four others in my role. I was then called back for a final in-person interview during which I met three or four higher-ups over the period of approximately 3.5 hours, no break. All in all, the tedious nature of the process and the drawn out timeframe should have alerted me to how things are done on a basic level here. I wanted to work there, so I followed through with it. But I would never do it again. It didn't turn out to be worth it.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a box of pencils, list 10 things you could do with them that are not their traditional use.   3 Answers

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They paid me slightly less than what I was making but did offer a wonderful benefits package, stock options, and a target bonus, the latter two of which I didn't have at my (then) current employer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview wasn't too bad. Just typical questions like what are your weaknesses, strengths and how I handled certain situations. Some are tricky though.

Interview Questions

• Every man in a village of 100 married couples has cheated on his wife. Every wife in the village instantly knows when a man other than her husband has cheated, but does not know when her own husband has. The village has a law that does not allow for adultery. Any wife who can prove that her husband is unfaithful must kill him that very day. The women of the village would never disobey this law. One day, the queen of the village visits and announces that at least one husband has been unfaithful. What happens?   777 Answers

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied online. Received screening call from human resources department. Checked work experience and set up an appt for a first interview. Waited a short while in reception. Interview was basic and professional. Was asked about previous jobs and why I was looking to work at google. Most questions pertained to whether I could handle the job based on my experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a request from your boss that clearly violated company policy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

People are told up front that Google's hiring process is long. It takes a determined and committed person to subject themselves to the torture of waiting for an answer and next steps. However, once you get past the initial interview with the recruiter and the critical thinking test you are added as a viable candidate for consideration on future opportunities. The recruiters do a great job of keeping you informed regarding expectations and process. They also make an effort to give you the proper information to make sure you have a good experience and advice on how to market yourself.

Interview Questions

• There were no really difficult questions. If you are a truly qualified candidate it becomes more about finding a good personality fit for the team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Started by submitting my resume, was first contacted by a California based recruiter to set up an initial phone interview. Really basic 20 minutes, going over my resume, basic experience, why do you want to work at Google. Was asked to do a second phone interview which was more in depth. About 40 minutes with questions that basically made you outline how you would go about doing different tasks. Not much you can prepare for this part, just picking apart your decision making process. Was finally asked to an on person interview which consisted of multiple people. Short interviews, very friendly, straight to the point kind of things. Supposedly there is one last interview after this point but I was unfortunately not invited to the next round. It was a very mentally and emotionally draining process. It was a lot of work to just be turned down in the end.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a project you were in charge of from beginning to end.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Professional and friendly. Combination of behavioral and hypothetical questions. Understand Google's products before going into the interview. Despite how much prep you do, interviewers will find a way to have questions that are unexpected. You should be able to articulate your framework for planning events and managing logistics for large gatherings of people.

Interview Questions

• What is your opinion on whether or not individuals should be required to use their official name when opening a gmail or Google + account?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Referral process. Was contacted a week later and scheduled my first phone interview. The first interview was just a traditional phone interview asking you questions of why you want the job, your personal background, and pretty much confirming your resume. Second phone interview was scheduled for a few days later and it was a critical thinking phone interview. Someone else from HR called and asked 3 critical thinking questions to evaluate your thinking and decision making.

Interview Questions

• You are planning an all-hands meeting to highlight the successes of teams. How will you go through in planning this all-hands meeting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, writing and logic exam, in person interview followed by teleconferencing interview.

Interview Questions

• How many hours would you ideally want to work?   18 Answers
    • Do you want to stay in administration or move to another part of the company   11 Answers