Google Administrative Business Partner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 29, 2018

3.1

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Applied through referral, was contacted the same day for invitation to interview.

Phone Screen - there was an initial phone screen, in which the recruiter who contacted me via email interviewed me. It was described as an informational interview. I was asked general, logistical questions first. We went through the resume, and then I was told about the general process and timeline. I was given a chance to ask questions, and then told that I was being invited for another phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Process took 3-4 months from initial phone call to the job offer. The recruiter I worked with was amazing. She was very responsive and always kept me updated. There are 2 rounds of phone calls then 2 rounds of in-person. Questions were straightforward and about my experiences. Everyone was very welcoming and made me feel comfortable. I interviewed several years ago so I was already familiar with the process. You might have to interview with several teams since finding a good fit is important. This is typically why the process can take a while.

Interview Questions

• There were questions about my people/communication skills and handling difficult situations.   Answer Question

Administrative Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google in November 2015.

Interview

I had a employee referral, then was emailed within the next week. The reviews are very accurate on here about the process. The first interview was pretty basic, but I had a lot of enthusiasm and tried to be very clear about my background. At the end of the call the recruiter told me that I was going to have a second interview and that it would be the beginning of the next week. It was and I did it. It wasn't hard but I think I became too relaxed about it. I answered a little too much about my non-profit experience rather than my admin. A week and a half later, I didn't hear from anyone and I took this as a bad sign--it was. After writing to the recruiter she asked me if I had time to chat, which she called me and told me that I didn't have the background they were looking for. Good luck, everyone!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What is your favorite product?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The Interview process was very simple and straightforward. They contact me to set up an interview. The first interview was more of a screening of your personality, experience, and skills. The second interview is where they ask 2-3 critical thinking questions. The recruiters I have been in contact with are always quick respond, helpful, and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time during your work experience where you were asked to do something that was not part of your job description.   Answer Question

Administrative Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got an email later that day from a recruiter wanting to set up a phone screen. I responded immediately and set it up for the next day. Really basic 20 minutes or so, talking about the process/culture at Google, along with a basic overview of my resume. At the end of the call they said they would like to move forward and set up a 45 minute thought process analysis test (although they insist it is not a test). I set that up for a week later.

Like others have described, the thought analysis was 3-4 questions, walking through a project I was in charge of and how I handled it, along with several hypotheticals. The main thing I noticed is that they were looking for you to come up with specific details for hypothetical questions. If you're looking to prepare, just about every question I was asked is listed on this page in one review or another. Just be ready for a lot of follow up questions, and to provide as many specific details as possible, you're basically expected to make up specific details on the spot, as the questions are hypothetical.

About a week later the recruiter said I did great and they'd like to route my resume to set up first round interviews. About a week passed with no word, so I reached out and they said there weren't any open positions that were a strong match, but I was on the radar and everything was going well so far. About two weeks later I reached out again, and at that point another recruiter contacted me and said they had a position that looked like a great match. I set up an in person interview for later that week.

First in person was with two people, both in the department I was interviewing to work in, one in the same position I was interviewing for. The questions were all "tell me about a time when.." along with some other hypotheticals like in the phone not-test-test. Best way I'd recommend to prepare for that part is to really think about several projects/experiences you've had at work. Also, drop the Google name, a lot. They get giddy when you kiss Google's butt. Seriously. If you solved a problem, think about some way you can say Google helped you to do it. When they ask if you have questions, find a way to drop questions about Google products. That was a Friday and by lunch time on Monday the recruiter had reached out to let me know they enjoyed meeting me and wanted to set up final rounds with executives from the department. I set that up for about a week later.

Met with two execs. The first went well, it was similar questions to the previous interview, about my experiences and how I would handle different situations. You can get a great idea of what they are going to ask from GD posts (the recent ones, at least. The IQ test type of stuff is completely gone, so don't waste your time on that). Second exec asked similar questions, but was a long time Google exec and I'm pretty sure the reason I did not get the job (it would have been supporting this exec & the other directly). They mentioned 1st thing that they didn't have time to read my resume. Then, at one point said it didn't sound like I had corporate experience. Well, NO I did not, if you had read my resume you would have been aware of that. Frankly, if that was a deal breaker I should have been eliminated much earlier. When it came to the time for me to ask questions I did a pretty good job, & previous exec interview that day had gone really well, so I left thinking it was possible either way, but knowing the 2nd exec was more interested in specific things like corporate experience, rather than my thought process, ability, or readiness to take on something big. Everyone breaks into the corporate world at some point, lady. A week later the recruiter said they would be meeting with the team in a few days and let me know then. Date passed, still no feedback so I reached out. They said I remained a strong candidate & they had another meeting in a few days. A week later, the recruiter told me that "unfortunately, the position went to an internal candidate, someone who has been at Google for a couple of years". Sounds like corporate experience lady put her foot down. They offered to keep my resume, & said I'm still on the radar, but I am sure they say that to everyone.

All in all it was a lot of work to get turned down at the end. I don't think anyone is going to turn down the opportunity to interview with them, because, well, they're Google, and getting in would be awesome, so hopefully this review helps someone else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

My resume was submitted via their internal employee referral system. Maybe a week later, I was contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. The questions asked during this phone interview were a basic screen, asking me to elaborate upon my most recent work experience on my resume. It lasted about 30 minutes. I was then told that I would hear back by the end of the week, which I did. I received an email from the recruiter saying that I would not be asked for the next interview (which would have been a 60 min phone interview). At the beginning of the following week, the recruiter contacted my friend who had referred me and offered to share the results of my interview. I found it extremely helpful to be able to get feedback. I very much appreciated the transparency of the process and professionalism of the recruiter. This was definitely one of my most pleasant interview experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous role as... (most recent job on resume).
      Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Administrative Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter named Christian, he was very nice. Asked just a few questions, I did most of the talking until he explained the job with more depth.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult, phone conversations are always a challenge for me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google (San Jose, CA).

Interview

My resume was submitted by a friend who is already working at Google. I was contacted by email a few days later, notifying me that while I was being passed over for one position, they were interested in talking to me about administrative opportunities at Google. They asked for me to send my resume again, and schedule a time for an introductory phone screen. After the phone screen, I was invited for a second phone interview where my critical thinking would be testing. The results of that phone call determine if my application moves forward to recruiters, or stops.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Initial contact is made via telephone to see if there’s interest on behalf of Google. This is followed up by an interview with the team recruiter. Which is then followed up by an interview with the lead administrative business partner(s). If this interview goes well you go onto a final interview, which is a face to face at the job site with the hiring manager(s).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult decision. What were the steps taken and what was outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Google is about getting people placed on the team that is the right fit so they will be the most successful. It can be discouraging when it takes so long but in the end it is worth it. I had a phone screen with a recruiter then was interviewed by 2 ABP's to see if I would fit the role. Once past those interviews they started working on placing me on a team. I was interviewed first by an ABP on the team and then met with the directors. In the end I had 14 interviews and interviewed with 3 teams over 5 months before I got my offer.