Google Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Google

3.2

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google in May 2015.

Interview

It was actually a very good experience. Everybody that interviewed me was very nice. Although I didn't get an offer, you can tell they work hard to improve their hiring process.

Interview Questions

• The just tried to measure business intuition.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I was interviewed once about 6 months ago and made it to the final on-site round where I unfortunately got rejected. A few weeks ago, I was contacted by a google recruiter again and got set up with the hiring manager for an interview. I expect a decision to come along soon.

Overall, the interview process is competitive and there is no time wasted on repeated questions. I assume all the interviewers take detailed notes on your answers and make sure not to go over the same things again. All of the questions are thoughtful and are directed towards finding your thought process and capabilities under pressure.

Does anyone know if google skips certain interview rounds if you have already been through them before?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Menlo Park, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Called by a recruiter after applying online. The process took aprox three months from when I applied on line and I got an email to schedule and interview. I did not use anyone inside the company to present my application. The screening interview took aprox 30 minutes. A month way by before I finally heard that I was not selected to continue in the process.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Recruiter reached out and after a phone screen, was invited to talk by phone with a hiring manager.
    After several follow up phone interviews with different members of the team and multiple on site interviews I never heard back.

Analyst Interview

Interview

1. Explain and Write KnapSack Algo with Memorization
    2. Given a undirected graph, clone it. Now if the undirected graph has the neighbors with the nodes as same data - how do you make sure you create the exact same branches and also how do you make sure you don't run into loops for the exact node. He gave a empty directed graph and asked me write code after that.
    3. Given two Btrees. these trees "may" have right and left branches swapped. Now compare it.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online. I received a reply and an initial HR phone interview was setup. Then another phone interview with a current analyst. Finally, 3 consecutive technical and behavioral onsite interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Google HR department reached out to me on linkedIn for an entry level analyst position opening they had. Frankly, I have no clue how this recruiter found me, nor was I convinced that she was a legitimate recruiter who works at google. Either way, I had a call with another recruiter who seemed more in touch with what's going on. She decided we should get back in touch at a later time because their interview process takes so long that there wasn't enough time to apply for an H1B. We left it at that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

The interview process at Google is long and tedious. Initially, a recruiter from Human Resources contacted me and put me through a phone screen. She warned me that the process would be long (could take several months). I had two follow up phone interviews with managers. One of them was relevant to the position where the manager asked about my career goals, etc. and the other was just a bunch of random questions to test my thought process.

I was inivited to an on site interview. I met with several employees and the hiring manager. I was asked a number of IQ questions/word puzzles and had to respond without a paper or pen to work through my answers. Traditional interview questions were also asked. The employees were very friendly, as was the manager.

I did not receive a response directly from Google stating that I did not get the job. I waited a couple of weeks and contacted the recruiter myself, at which point she told me that they cut me off. I wish they would have let me know right away.

Interview Questions

• How would you make Google headquarters a more environmentally friendly campus?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I was referred through my neighbor. I had a phone screen, and was passed on to an in-person interview, which consisted of market-sizing and brain teaser questions. I believe I started the process in November. I had the phone interview in December.

I was scheduled for an in-person interview in January. I met with 5 employees. I was given one particularly tough consulting-type question. I didn't get any feedback on it, except that if I thought of a better answer, I should email this employee my new answer. Of course I did this, but I didn't get confirmation that it was received.

Later that week, I heard that I did not get the job. The recruiter offered to recommend me to other positions at Google, which she did, but those never got past the phone interview stage.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

A pair of phone interviews and some on site interviews. The questions were very fair, challenging, and stimulating. The recruiter was extremely helpful. The recruiter was very helpful and let me know on each step of the way how I did and what was thought of me. When I got through the interviews, the packet process began and I thought my rather bare resume wouldn't make it through the committees but it did. Champagne was enjoyed.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a shopping center?   4 Answers

Negotiation

The offer was very fair, and I had a sense that it was probably non-negotiable.