Google Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed by an in-house recruiter. Interviewer did not show up to the first scheduled interview, but got back to me fairly quickly and rescheduled a new one. Then, the interviewer was late to the rescheduled interview and said it is not a good time. I had to choose between shortened interview or one rescheduled far into the future.
I am not sure how familiar the recruiter was with the position and some of the keywords relating to it.

Interview Questions

• Did you do open source and intelligence at the same time or separately?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google in October 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a google employee, and I got the interview in one week. It's the Analyst, safety and trust department mainly deal with spam and fraud. I only had the first round interview and didn't pass it. The interview is mainly to know if you have ideas about how to deal with spam.

Interview Questions

• What kind of spam will have in YouTube and how to deal with them. If you want to have a new office, what aspects should you focus on.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

First talked with the recruiter. I had some initial back and forth there. I then had to do a case study for them within a couple of days. After the case study I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. I then was flown out to their headquarters where I had 5 interviews of the course of a few hours.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging project you have worked on? Why was it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google in May 2015.

Interview

It was actually a very good experience. Everybody that interviewed me was very nice. Although I didn't get an offer, you can tell they work hard to improve their hiring process.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Recruiter reached out and after a phone screen, was invited to talk by phone with a hiring manager.
    After several follow up phone interviews with different members of the team and multiple on site interviews I never heard back.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I was interviewed once about 6 months ago and made it to the final on-site round where I unfortunately got rejected. A few weeks ago, I was contacted by a google recruiter again and got set up with the hiring manager for an interview. I expect a decision to come along soon.

Overall, the interview process is competitive and there is no time wasted on repeated questions. I assume all the interviewers take detailed notes on your answers and make sure not to go over the same things again. All of the questions are thoughtful and are directed towards finding your thought process and capabilities under pressure.

Does anyone know if google skips certain interview rounds if you have already been through them before?

Analyst Interview

Interview

1. Explain and Write KnapSack Algo with Memorization
    2. Given a undirected graph, clone it. Now if the undirected graph has the neighbors with the nodes as same data - how do you make sure you create the exact same branches and also how do you make sure you don't run into loops for the exact node. He gave a empty directed graph and asked me write code after that.
    3. Given two Btrees. these trees "may" have right and left branches swapped. Now compare it.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online. I received a reply and an initial HR phone interview was setup. Then another phone interview with a current analyst. Finally, 3 consecutive technical and behavioral onsite interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Google HR department reached out to me on linkedIn for an entry level analyst position opening they had. Frankly, I have no clue how this recruiter found me, nor was I convinced that she was a legitimate recruiter who works at google. Either way, I had a call with another recruiter who seemed more in touch with what's going on. She decided we should get back in touch at a later time because their interview process takes so long that there wasn't enough time to apply for an H1B. We left it at that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (San Francisco, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, one with a recruiter and the other with the hiring manager. After the recruiter interviewed me, he told me they would get back in touch with me. It took a while before they did, maybe a few weeks in which then I scheduled another interview with thr hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you do something in Excel   1 Answer