Google Associate Account Strategist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Associate Account Strategist Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

There were a series of interviews, including three phone interviews and two in-person interviews. The first round was with a recruiting officer. The second two phone interviews were with a peer and a manager on the team I applied for. The two in person interviews were with managers.

Interview Questions

• If you had to hire a replacement for your current position, how would you go about selecting the right fit?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through a friend referral. I've been contacted right away from a recruiter by email, who asked me to choose a date for the interview from the calendar and gave me all the basic informations and videos to prepare myself for the interview. Maybe because it's google or maybe because I prepared myself too much, when the interview arrived I was very nervous and I didn't do my best performance. Moreover she was very cold and seemed to be very bored, so this didn't help me at all. I was prepared for all the questions she did to me, even if she asked me one question that usually comes in a later stage (what would you do to improve the customer satisfaction rate from 70% in a quarter). I replied but she wasn't happy at all from my reply (and I was also kind of confused: why such a technical question if she is a recruiter and doesn't work directly in the department I'm applying for?). Actually I had the feeling that she knew from the beginning the outcome of the interview ;). In fact, she contacted me again a week later, telling me that I wasn't a fit for the company. When I asked for a feedback she told me that the issue was in my experiences and my cv. So why did she call me in the first place? Overall a very negative experience, but preparing myself for the interview taught me a lot of things (If now someone asks me "how many balls fit in a school bus", I laugh and answer without any stress).

Interview Questions

• what would you do to improve the customer satisfaction rate from 70% in a quarter   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you solved a customer's issue   Answer Question

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Very fast response (1 to 3 days), professional HR, provided a lot of information about Google to prepare for the interview,
    1st interview was with HR
    2nd interview was with someone from the sales department
    (3rd interview would have been in Dublin, but i didn't get to the last stage)

overall good impression

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2015.

Interview

3 interviews, that each took 45 min with 20 minutes break, in two different languages. Very focused on past experience and values. Sometimes interviewers repeat each other's questions too, and you have to be coherent. It's a good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Q: how would you explain Adwords to an old grandmother?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2014.

Interview

Excellent process and and very quick at getting back to me regarding my offer. Interview panel made me feel very comfortable and i was prepared for the interview day by the recruiter. The interview was difficult and covered experience and leadership.

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2017.

Interview

The process was split into 4 stages for me:
    1. Review of CV/matching to role.
    2. 40 minute telephone interview (mock sales pitch & competency based questions).
    3. 3 Face to Face interviews.
    4. Review of my feedback by a committee board.

The whole process was extremely quick and at each stage I heard back within a day. The last stage took just over a week. The whole experience was exciting/positive and all my interviewers seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say!

Interview Questions

• Not allowed to disclose, however, mainly competency based, questions related to role and company. Do your research and prepare thoroughly and you should be fine. Questions that were provided on here helped me out massively.   1 Answer

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

From my experience the interview had 3 stages.
    1st stage: resume screening followed by an invitation for an orientation day at Google TLV
    2nd stage: professional phone interview to check your familiarity with the adwords system (all the necessary information for the interview was provided ahead of time).
    3rd stage: 3 interviews via google hangout; professional + behavioral

Overall I would say that Google had the most friendly interview process I have ever came across as a BA graduate hunting for a job. Stress free, supper friendly, and all the necessary information is provided ahead of time so that you can do your best during the interviews.

Interview Questions

• The interview had two types of questions; behavioral and professional. If you do your homework and look through your resume it will be clear what questions you will be asked etc.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process is exactely like described on the website, first CV check, then HR Interview, Pitch with a Manager over the phone, 3 personal interviews and then the Hiring Committee. It was a perfectly organized and pleasant interview process, it took overall about 2 1/2 months. Very good experience and obviously very happy with the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Cannot display questions. Other glassdoor reviews were very helpful. Questions were fair.   1 Answer

Account Associate Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2016.

Interview

My friend recommended me for this position. Then in the couple of days the hr contacted me to choose the time when i will be available for the call. The first step was 20 min interview.
    The questions were general: why google? why this position? give examples when you had difficulties with your clients?

Interview Questions

• why google?
      why this position?
      give examples when you had difficulties with your clients?
      how to convince your client?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2016.

Interview

I had applied during May 2016 (Global Customer Experience, Associate Account Strategist) and heard back from the company a couple of weeks later for an interview. At the end of June, I have made my first interview, which was a phone interview that took for about 30 minutes. Right after my interview, I have been approach for the second round, which is a 3 interview process that come one after the other and it is done via Skype. I have been approached for sales this time, which I believe has happened because of the instant need to the team. These interviews were one with a peer, one with a senior manager and one with the potential line manager. I have received negative feedback for sales, but was referred to customer experience once again and had another interview with another line manager. Once this was also positive, I had one last interview with a peer from the team and have been approached to create a hiring summary for myself. I am still in this process, but as I learned, this is supposed to be the last step before you receive the final OK.

Interview Questions

• There were many experience based questions and skill based questions for which you need to know your CV by heart. There were also questions related to AdWords and situational questions where they give you receive a small case about a customer and how you would approach them.   1 Answer