Google Associate Account Strategist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

3.4

142 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

The structure of the hiring process is exactly as it's described here and on the company's website.
It supposes to be 5 or 6 interviews.
Nothing really changed in comparison with all the other recent candidates.
The first interview is via phone with HR and it's made just to clarify your language stills, general adequacy and reaction on unexpected questions.
Then there is a sales pitch, made in English or your market language, depends on your luck. You can find tons of useful information here, also on youtube and in the information which google provide during the hiring process. Also there is a part of the interview about your behaviour in different possible situations which are focused on your way of acting in daily problems which could happen.
Next parts are about the position, your fit to the position according your experience.
Then unfortunately this time I didn't pass, so...

The whole process is interesting whereas the communication is very respectful, polite and friendly. HR-s always write you nice words before the interview wishing good luck. Do not hesitate and try to apply!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone call by recruiter, then sales pitch over the phone. Recruiter asked me general behavioral questions over the phone, then put me through to the next round right away. I was sent a client situation (about one page) 2 days prior to the phone sales pitch.

Interview Questions

• Imagine I am the secretary of a client you are trying to reach regarding an important matter. How would you get through to the client?   1 Answer

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

The overall process was clear and smooth. I have been referred by my friend and in few days they called me. After the first phone interview, there was sales mock pictch one followed by a video chat with three different people.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous experience and how it may contribute to this current position   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview/initial screening. Interviewer asked questions about my interests and life experiences to get an understanding of what type of person I am. Then asked question professional and competency based questions to see if I had the required knowledge about the AdWords platform. After about 45 minutes he told me that he would not be progressing me to the next stage but told me exactly what I needed to do to gain the experience and not to be deterred from applying in the future once I had the experience.

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Very fast response (1 to 3 days), professional HR, provided a lot of information about Google to prepare for the interview,
    1st interview was with HR
    2nd interview was with someone from the sales department
    (3rd interview would have been in Dublin, but i didn't get to the last stage)

overall good impression

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2015.

Interview

3 interviews, that each took 45 min with 20 minutes break, in two different languages. Very focused on past experience and values. Sometimes interviewers repeat each other's questions too, and you have to be coherent. It's a good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Q: how would you explain Adwords to an old grandmother?   1 Answer

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2017.

Interview

I was a 5 stages interview. The first 2 are over the phone and when you pass them they will invite you for to Dublin for the last 3. Great experience

Interview Questions

• Why google anD why this position   1 Answer

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Tokyo (Japan)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and about a week later I received an invitation to participate in a group discussion (interview) at their Tokyo office. About a week after the interview date, I received a really thoughtful email from the recruiter saying that I wasn't the best fit for this position, but to check back for other positions that might be more up my alley.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses with regards to working on a team? (None of the questions were particularly unexpected or strange)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email from the recruiter to schedule interview, recruiter from Google called me and I though we willgo through CV screening and my experiences and background, instead she straight away was asking Adwords related questions and how would I go about this or that situation. That was pretty unexpected and frustrated me a bit, usually you have this kind of questions on the second interview with someone from the team. Anyway, recruiter scheduled second interview with team member and it included a sales pitch and questions like "tell me about the time when you improved a process". I did that interview okay, I wasnt really happy with it but I also had very little preparation time as preparation material and sales case was sent to me at 3pm when interview was set at 10:00am next day. I been told that usually they sent prep material 48 hours before the interview, so you have plenty of time to prepare.
    Second round interview was not really hard, but you need to prepare for it well and sound confident.

Also what I didnt like is the fact that I been preparing for interview in English but then on the call supposed to be in my Native language. They have to let you know in advance as its not that easy to switch after you prepared all answers in english. So therefore I asked if we can proceed in English, and interviewer agreed.

After that 2 days later I got a reply that they will not prpceed with my application. But anyway I got another offer to work for google but trough staffing agency, even though salary is way lower.

Interview Questions

• Any conficts you faced with colleagues, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Process you have improved/suggestions you given and helped company to perform better.   Answer Question
    • What qualities you would like to improve in yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

The process went really quick at first, but then slowed down and has taken over 3 months already -- I do not have a final decision yet.

After an employee referral, I was invited for a phone interview for a mock sales pitch. Following the call, I was emailed the next day and told that I will be proceeded to onsite interviews. These took a little while to schedule, but the process was nonetheless very smooth, so I was in Dublin early shortly after. The onsite interviews were straightforward with plenty of notetaking by the interviewers. I had a 45-minute interview with the Hiring Manager and two 30-minute interviews with account strategist who have already worked at Google for some time.

After the onsite interviews, I was informed that I will have another interview over Hangouts with a regional manager in my native language. After the interview, I had to wait a few weeks for feedback, and then finally heard from HR that I will have to wait some more. Around two weeks later, I was connected with another person who handled the later stages of the hiring process, and had to answer some questions about myself and my current position via email. The person told me that I would receive the final decision no earlier than a month later, because there was an internal process during which my application would go over several committees in Dublin and in the U.S. - so I am still waiting :)

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were quite general, nothing tricky or confusing: my personal traits, qualifications, experience; some "what would you do in case your client <...>" and so on. 95% of what I was asked, I had seen before on the Internet.   1 Answer