Google Associate Account Strategist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 8, 2018

3.4

148 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google in March 2016.

Interview

Very positive interview experience! Google really makes the extra effort to provide the applicant with resources necessary for a great experience.

The interview process:
1. Recruiter Phone Screen
2. Phone Interviews
3. On-site Interviews

After the phone screen, I had two phone interviews. One with a member of the team I applied for, and the next was with the Manager.

The on-site interviews were in a similar format. 1:1 with a member of the team, followed by a 1:1 with a manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I applied online, was then emailed the next day to schedule a phone screen. After the initial phone screen I had an interview with the hiring manager and another Googler. I did not make the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not as similar to other ones on this website. Questions such as: what business data would you ask a company to see to optimize advertising campaigns? Why Google? Walk us through a time you disagreed with a coworker and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google in January 2016.

Interview

Originally I had an employee referral, but I didn't get an interview. I applied online to the same role a few days later and received a phone screening about two weeks later. A quick 20 minute interview went well and then he said they would get back to me within a few days.

Interview Questions

• If you came to work and had 200 emails in your inbox, how would you prioritize answering those emails? What is your thought process?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

All in all I had a pleasant interview process. I've heard they've improved their hiring process which seems to be accurate. In all it lasted about 4 weeks from my initial screening to hearing I didn't make it to the final on-base interview. Everyone was really nice and assuring. It's very team oriented so even if you did really well, they may just not think you fit in with the team as much as someone else. I will probably be applying again for a different position soon and hopefully will make it all the way.

Interview Questions

• They vary from interview to interview. Despite research on the types of questions they ask, you'll always get ones thrown at you that you didn't study for. The interviewers are very down to earth but that's not to say they aren't picking apart everything you say. Experience based questions as well as situational questions (they want to know how you think/solve problems)   Answer Question

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google in September 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy questions at first for the initial phone screen. Such as "Why this position?" "Why your previous work experience would contribute to this position?"
    But also some more difficult questions like "Name a time that you and coworker had a disagreement and how you went about resolving that." and "How would you describe GMAIL to a senior citizen?"

Interview Questions

• "Name a time that you and coworker had a disagreement and how you went about resolving that."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a 4 stage interview process and I did not make it past the 3rd stage. Overall, I had a positive experience with Google. I felt that my interviewers were respectful and had a genuine interest in my experience and skills. They were very transparent with the role and company and were willing to answer all my questions. Most of the interview questions were behavioral questions that allowed me to demonstrate my thinking strategies. My advice is to learn as much as you can about the company and the role. In addition, you should practice answering case questions that demonstrate your knowledge of business strategy. It's very important for you to be able to think up of a strategy under pressure and explain that strategy in a clear and concise manner.

Interview Questions

• Common situational and behavioral questions. Remember that this is considered a sales role so expect them to ask you questions about dealing with customers and organizing a sale force.   Answer Question

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in September 2013.

Interview

A little over 2 weeks after I submitted my application, I was contacted by a recruiter via e-mail. She asked if we could arrange a time to speak over the phone. We scheduled some time for later that week. During that initial phone screening we discussed my interest in the position, my current job, and established a deeper understanding of the role I was applying for.

After about 25 minutes, the recruiter said she'd like to arrange a time for me to speak with someone else who was actually in a similar position to the Associate Account Strategist role. A few days later, this call took place. There were a lot of situational questions.

- Tell me about a time when you overcame a challenge in the workplace
    - How have you improved a certain process at work?
    - Why Google?
    - Tell me about a time when you spoke with a dissatisfied client and what did you do to appease them?
    - Name 3 advantages of AdWords
    - Have you ever improved the efficiency of a process/task at work?

Despite a lot of nerves, I got a call back and was asked to do an 'onsite' interview with 3 Googlers. I did this via a Google hangout since I was interviewing for a position in another country. Prior to the onsite interviews, the recruiter kindly walked me through how these interviews would be. She gave me lots of details including resources for how to prepare. They were right on point and helped to set a realistic expectation of what these interviews would entail.

The first interview was with the manager of the team. She asked questions about AdWords/Google products and my familiarity with role relevant skills like data analysis and client interaction. Example Questions:

-improvements you would make to your favourite Google product.
    -Experence pulling and analysing data.

The second interview was with someone from another language team but in a similar role. She asked a lot of questions that started with, "Tell me about a time when..." or "Have you ever..." Example Questions:

- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
    - A time when you took the initiative and led a project

Final interview was with someone else on the team I was applying for. He was friendly and asked situational questions as well as questions related to my personal interests. Example questions:

-What would you bring to the team?
    -Why this particular position?
    -How do you show creativity?

Overall, everyone I interviewed with was very professional and kind. I liked that everyone was polite, approachable but also to the point. I spent a lot of time preparing and used the following resources:

Glassdoor interview feedback
    Google jobs website
    Actual job posting description (read this many times so that I could have a firm understanding of the role)
    Recruiter--Make sure to ask questions if you're unsure of anything. The lady I worked with was great about letting me know what to expect. It was incredibly helpful in planning on how to prepare.

Interview Questions

• If Google decided to charge g-mail users, how would you recommend implementing this? Would it be sustainable and what would be the advantages and disadvantages?   10 Answers

Negotiation

Their offer was firm, no negotiations.

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

The process was long and involved many different stages. Started with phone screening and was followed by several Skype interviews. The hardest one was the final interview with the team leader. Overall exciting and interesting.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

1 month. Employee referral -> 2 Phone Interviews -> 2 On-site Interviews. Job offer after two weeks.

Don't apply to the company, apply to the role. Why do you want to spend your days doing THIS work?

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

There are four parts: recruiter screen, phone interviews, on site interviews, and committee review.

I quickly progressed through the first three stages. My recruiter provided resources on how to prepare for the phone and on site interviews. Those went as expected. Study the material and it's straight forward.

I was notified I was advanced to the committee stage. This is where the process took a turn for the worst. I was caught up in the committee for five weeks. My recruiter was okay at keeping me informed, but didn't always respond to emails. Ultimately, after five weeks in the committee stage, I was not offered a position due to lack of openings. I am extremely disappointed google expects candidates to wait two months from start to finish to ultimately receive an Unsatisfying answer of "we think you're great, we just don't have openings."

If you're willing to jump through hoops and wait months for an answer, apply. Otherwise, don't.

Interview Questions

• Unable to share due to non disclosure agreement. Recruiter sends sample questions.   1 Answer