Google Associate Account Strategist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Associate Account Strategist Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

3.4

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google in January 2016.

Interview

Originally I had an employee referral, but I didn't get an interview. I applied online to the same role a few days later and received a phone screening about two weeks later. A quick 20 minute interview went well and then he said they would get back to me within a few days.

Interview Questions

• If you came to work and had 200 emails in your inbox, how would you prioritize answering those emails? What is your thought process?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

All in all I had a pleasant interview process. I've heard they've improved their hiring process which seems to be accurate. In all it lasted about 4 weeks from my initial screening to hearing I didn't make it to the final on-base interview. Everyone was really nice and assuring. It's very team oriented so even if you did really well, they may just not think you fit in with the team as much as someone else. I will probably be applying again for a different position soon and hopefully will make it all the way.

Interview Questions

• They vary from interview to interview. Despite research on the types of questions they ask, you'll always get ones thrown at you that you didn't study for. The interviewers are very down to earth but that's not to say they aren't picking apart everything you say. Experience based questions as well as situational questions (they want to know how you think/solve problems)   Answer Question

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google in September 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy questions at first for the initial phone screen. Such as "Why this position?" "Why your previous work experience would contribute to this position?"
    But also some more difficult questions like "Name a time that you and coworker had a disagreement and how you went about resolving that." and "How would you describe GMAIL to a senior citizen?"

Interview Questions

• "Name a time that you and coworker had a disagreement and how you went about resolving that."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a 4 stage interview process and I did not make it past the 3rd stage. Overall, I had a positive experience with Google. I felt that my interviewers were respectful and had a genuine interest in my experience and skills. They were very transparent with the role and company and were willing to answer all my questions. Most of the interview questions were behavioral questions that allowed me to demonstrate my thinking strategies. My advice is to learn as much as you can about the company and the role. In addition, you should practice answering case questions that demonstrate your knowledge of business strategy. It's very important for you to be able to think up of a strategy under pressure and explain that strategy in a clear and concise manner.

Interview Questions

• Common situational and behavioral questions. Remember that this is considered a sales role so expect them to ask you questions about dealing with customers and organizing a sale force.   Answer Question

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in September 2013.

Interview

A little over 2 weeks after I submitted my application, I was contacted by a recruiter via e-mail. She asked if we could arrange a time to speak over the phone. We scheduled some time for later that week. During that initial phone screening we discussed my interest in the position, my current job, and established a deeper understanding of the role I was applying for.

After about 25 minutes, the recruiter said she'd like to arrange a time for me to speak with someone else who was actually in a similar position to the Associate Account Strategist role. A few days later, this call took place. There were a lot of situational questions.

- Tell me about a time when you overcame a challenge in the workplace
    - How have you improved a certain process at work?
    - Why Google?
    - Tell me about a time when you spoke with a dissatisfied client and what did you do to appease them?
    - Name 3 advantages of AdWords
    - Have you ever improved the efficiency of a process/task at work?

Despite a lot of nerves, I got a call back and was asked to do an 'onsite' interview with 3 Googlers. I did this via a Google hangout since I was interviewing for a position in another country. Prior to the onsite interviews, the recruiter kindly walked me through how these interviews would be. She gave me lots of details including resources for how to prepare. They were right on point and helped to set a realistic expectation of what these interviews would entail.

The first interview was with the manager of the team. She asked questions about AdWords/Google products and my familiarity with role relevant skills like data analysis and client interaction. Example Questions:

-improvements you would make to your favourite Google product.
    -Experence pulling and analysing data.

The second interview was with someone from another language team but in a similar role. She asked a lot of questions that started with, "Tell me about a time when..." or "Have you ever..." Example Questions:

- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
    - A time when you took the initiative and led a project

Final interview was with someone else on the team I was applying for. He was friendly and asked situational questions as well as questions related to my personal interests. Example questions:

-What would you bring to the team?
    -Why this particular position?
    -How do you show creativity?

Overall, everyone I interviewed with was very professional and kind. I liked that everyone was polite, approachable but also to the point. I spent a lot of time preparing and used the following resources:

Glassdoor interview feedback
    Google jobs website
    Actual job posting description (read this many times so that I could have a firm understanding of the role)
    Recruiter--Make sure to ask questions if you're unsure of anything. The lady I worked with was great about letting me know what to expect. It was incredibly helpful in planning on how to prepare.

Interview Questions

• If Google decided to charge g-mail users, how would you recommend implementing this? Would it be sustainable and what would be the advantages and disadvantages?   10 Answers

Negotiation

Their offer was firm, no negotiations.

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

The process was long and involved many different stages. Started with phone screening and was followed by several Skype interviews. The hardest one was the final interview with the team leader. Overall exciting and interesting.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

1 month. Employee referral -> 2 Phone Interviews -> 2 On-site Interviews. Job offer after two weeks.

Don't apply to the company, apply to the role. Why do you want to spend your days doing THIS work?

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

There are four parts: recruiter screen, phone interviews, on site interviews, and committee review.

I quickly progressed through the first three stages. My recruiter provided resources on how to prepare for the phone and on site interviews. Those went as expected. Study the material and it's straight forward.

I was notified I was advanced to the committee stage. This is where the process took a turn for the worst. I was caught up in the committee for five weeks. My recruiter was okay at keeping me informed, but didn't always respond to emails. Ultimately, after five weeks in the committee stage, I was not offered a position due to lack of openings. I am extremely disappointed google expects candidates to wait two months from start to finish to ultimately receive an Unsatisfying answer of "we think you're great, we just don't have openings."

If you're willing to jump through hoops and wait months for an answer, apply. Otherwise, don't.

Interview Questions

• Unable to share due to non disclosure agreement. Recruiter sends sample questions.   1 Answer

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google in April 2015.

Interview

Pleasant enough experience, but surprised that such a short interview was used to make a cut. Maybe that makes me naïve, but I sort of thought this was a low-stakes 'screening' interview.

Got an email from a recruiter about two weeks after applying. Set up a very brief phone 20 minute interview, told me to simply "be prepared to talk about my experience and why I want the job." Considering how short and seemingly low-key the interview was (I wasn't even asked 'Why Google?' !), I was a little surprised to find out that my candidacy was no longer going to be pursued (found out about a week later). I - again - didn't really expect cuts to be made yet.

Time was the main challenge for me. Was asked to "talk about my resume and experience" in under a minute and a half, so definitely have a SHORT elevator pitch ready. I came prepared for a conversation, not a pitch, which may have been my fatal mistake. Was also asked some behavioral questions requiring specific examples (When was a time you led a team and encountered difficulties with a teammate? Give an example of a time you made a process in your workplace more efficient).

Gave me the chance to ask my own questions, which I took advantage of. Thinking back, I wish I hadn't...I thought that this marked the end of the interview, but it turns out there was more. I was next asked some creative-thinking questions and felt a bit rushed (What's your favorite Google product and why? How would you market Gmail to someone who is not tech-savvy?).

Our connection also broke up a couple of times, messing with my groove. Recruiter was friendly enough, but it sounded like he was reading from a script. Oh well. Not exactly sure what I would have done differently in hindsight!

Interview Questions

• How would you market Gmail to someone who is not tech-savvy, and what are some preliminary questions you might ask such a client?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was really quite enjoyable, if a bit stressful at times. Initially, I applied online and about a week later I was contacted by a recruiter in the Mountain View office by email asking to set up a brief call.

1st ROUND: A 15 minute phone call with the recruiter just to get a little more color on my resume and transcript (asked to verify cumulative GPA, graduation date, that sort of thing) as well as learn more about the Associate Account Strategist role. This round seemed to mostly be a litmus test to measure whether or not I was personable/friendly on the phone.

2nd ROUND: Received an email from my recruiter saying he wanted to move me forwarded in the process, the next step being a phone call with two people at Google (one person in the position, the other a manager). This was slightly more challenging, but if you prepare for it, you'll be fine. The resources I used were:
     + Glassdoor interview reviews. SO HELPFUL. I compiled a list of questions people had been asked and then answered them in my own words, which helped me out multiple times in the 2nd and 3rd round interviews.
     + The job description. Be familiar with it, able to put it into your own words, and have relevant anecdotes from your life demonstrating why it would be a good fit for you.
     + The packet the recruiter sends you. This is amazingly helpful, be very familiar with all of this stuff (mostly links to the technical aspects of AdWords and other Google products, and it's helpful to explore all the links on the individual pages).
     + Google's Wikipedia page (just for informational purposes- knowing the company's revenue, number of employees, office locations, etc. is always a good thing).
     + The Four Pillars of Google, as I like to call them. These are in the packet your recruiter emails you, but deserved their own special mention. Role-related knowledge, Thought process, Leadership (also strive to mention how team-oriented you are), Googleyness (essentially your personality, try to be excited or bubbly or something positive, do NOT be bland). Try to work in one or multiple of these pillars into any responses you give.

3rd ROUND: Received an email from my recruiter that Google wanted to fly me out to Ann Arbor for interviews. I did more preparation from the stuff I studied for 2nd round, and basically tried to be as zen as possible. Flew out the day before, took a cab from Detroit to Ann Arbor, and slept at the comfortable Sheraton where Google houses their interviewees. The following morning, went downstairs and met some of the other people interviewing for the position in the lobby. We all took a shuttle to Google's office and went inside. Without saying too much, there were two back to back interviews lasting an hour in total.

4th ROUND: Received an email from my recruiter saying he wanted to move me to the Hiring Committee phase. My understanding is that this is where they have unbiased and objective people review the notes on candidates that made it thus far, but I don't know that for sure. I read one Quora post about the percentage of people getting through the Hiring Committee part and was met with a pretty grim 10% offer rate.

Despite not getting an offer, it was a fun process and I met a bunch of cool people. I think I gained some pretty valuable interviewing experience along the way as well, so all in all it was very positive.

Interview Questions

• What should Google's next big product be?

If you could spend time with any fictional character, who would it be?
      Answer Question