Google Associate Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Associate Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Google

3.7

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews: phone screen, onsite, then final VP interview -- covered all types of questions and was a pretty rigorous process. Took about 1.5 weeks to hear back after I applied, and 6 weeks to finish the whole process to offer stage.

Interview Questions

• What is a favorite product and how would you improve it   4 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

It took about 1 month, from first contact to offer. Everyone was extremely nice and positive. Interviews were straightforward but not trivial. It is essential to prepare, and "Cracking the PM Interview" is definitely a great way to go.

Interview Questions

• Estimation, coding, and product questions   3 Answers

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google in September 2017.

Interview

The recruiting process went very quickly. I was contacted to schedule an interview time, and the interview is about one week and a half after. The result came in about 5 days.
    There are a total of two interviews, each was about 45 minutes. The first went more with a typical PM interview way, while the second was more technical (although there's no algorithm questions).
    Considering the interview itself, the recruiters asked me about product design, the typical estimation question, and the metrics I would use in testing a product.

Interview Questions

• What is an API you most recently used and how would you improve that?   3 Answers

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google in September 2017.

Interview

Talked with a software dev and an APM, was asked a total of 4 questions through the course of two 45 minute phone call interviews. Technical questions were tough but manageable. APM questions were wildly abstract and not at all like anything I had been told to prepare

Interview Questions

• If you had 2 years and all of googles resources, how would you go about creating teleportation?   3 Answers

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

There are four interviews. First is a phone screen and then three onsite interviews. All the interviews are product interviews, except for one of the onsite interviews, which is technical. There is also a homework assignment between the phone screen and onsite.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite non-technical product?   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Online application, 45 minute phone screen, written prompt, and on site 5-6 hour interview day. I had a referral. Everyone was really friendly and I got feedback and a decision fairly quickly after the final round.

Interview Questions

• Describe your favorite product.   4 Answers

Associate Product Manager Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a phone interview. And for around three months it was a limbo of getting emails that they are going to update me without a definitive answer, and only when they were done with all the potential candidates they let me know.

Interview Questions

• Design a vending machine for blind , Favourite nontechnical product   3 Answers

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

It was a pretty easy interview process. Recruiter was very helpful with her overall expectations and the interviewers are very helpful. Biggest takeaway is to ask as many questions as possible to clear up any doubts that may persist.

Interview Questions

• system (architecture) design questions, UX questions, question around what would you do if...   2 Answers

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Spoke with a representative at a university event who recommended the APM internship program. Was accepted for a first round interview. Interview was in the form of a 45 minute phone call, interviewer came in 15 minutes late. I was asked to talk about my resume and then was given 3 product design/analysis questions. Through the design questions, the interviewer was helpful in sharing when I gave a good answer or asked a good questions, and when he didn’t like my response he gave hints in the direction he was looking for. Overall I was able to answer 2 questions well but was unsatisfied by my last answer. A week after my interview I was notified that I was not accepted for the next round. Overall the process was streamlined and the interviewer was very helpful, so I look forward to applying for full time next year!

Interview Questions

• List 5 products you love (technical or nontechnical) and why you love them.   3 Answers

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google in December 2018.

Interview

Slow, detached.
    Process took over 2 months.
    Recruiter was not very helpful and communicative.
    Talked to another PM and APM before hand, they were eager about their positions so I looked into the APM Program.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself & other PM question   2 Answers