Google Associate Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Associate Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Google

3.7

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Spoke with a representative at a university event who recommended the APM internship program. Was accepted for a first round interview. Interview was in the form of a 45 minute phone call, interviewer came in 15 minutes late. I was asked to talk about my resume and then was given 3 product design/analysis questions. Through the design questions, the interviewer was helpful in sharing when I gave a good answer or asked a good questions, and when he didn’t like my response he gave hints in the direction he was looking for. Overall I was able to answer 2 questions well but was unsatisfied by my last answer. A week after my interview I was notified that I was not accepted for the next round. Overall the process was streamlined and the interviewer was very helpful, so I look forward to applying for full time next year!

Interview Questions

• List 5 products you love (technical or nontechnical) and why you love them.   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google in December 2018.

Interview

Slow, detached.
    Process took over 2 months.
    Recruiter was not very helpful and communicative.
    Talked to another PM and APM before hand, they were eager about their positions so I looked into the APM Program.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself & other PM question   2 Answers

Associate Product Manager Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a phone interview. And for around three months it was a limbo of getting emails that they are going to update me without a definitive answer, and only when they were done with all the potential candidates they let me know.

Interview Questions

• Design a vending machine for blind , Favourite nontechnical product   3 Answers

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

It was a pretty easy interview process. Recruiter was very helpful with her overall expectations and the interviewers are very helpful. Biggest takeaway is to ask as many questions as possible to clear up any doubts that may persist.

Interview Questions

• system (architecture) design questions, UX questions, question around what would you do if...   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Google came to my university and I gave the recruiters my resume, then they emailed me and asked me to come in for an interview. It was a quick one with a Senior Product Manager who seemed to like me, and took notes while I wrote on the board.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Very pleasant. The Interviewer ask many questions about product management and process management. Also some wired questions about anything. So the process is pleasant but the result is bad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, but because I didn't go through a referral and wasn't on campus for the career fair I went through the normal pool. Received the interview mid November. About two weeks later I got a call that they wouldn't be moving forward because the small class of 45 (from a couple thousand applicants) was already full.

Interview Questions

• Signed an NDA, but general stuff you see here.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Started with a recruiter contacting me from a previous application. Initial phone screen interview was 2 questions - one estimation and one product driven.

Next was 4 onsite interviews, 3 in the morning, 1 after lunch. Those questions were product, estimation, and vision for Google.

After that was a writing assessment, which was sent out 2 weeks after the above. They gave me 3 days to finish it, but they say try not to spend more than 2 hours on it.

Finally I had an interview with Brian Rakowski, the head of the APM program. That was some resume questions and a product question. Very laid back interview, not intimidating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

HR will contact you first and you will be arranged a phone interview with a team member. After that, it will have a coding interview by the phone. Finally, you will be arranged an onsite interview in the new york office.

Interview Questions

• 1st question: If we set up an ATM machine in an airport, what are the key features.
      2ed question: list the product that you think is not good enough.   2 Answers

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google in October 2016.

Interview

Started with a call with the recruiter then went on to an interview with a PM - this was mainly behavioural and design questions. They seemed to be looking for a specific framework to your response which I was not aware of at the time - it is only after doing more courses in HCI and design thinking that I realized that my answer wasn't structured the way they wouold've desired.

Interview Questions

• Choose a product you use every day and describe how you would improve it   3 Answers