Google Associate Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Associate Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2017

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, but because I didn't go through a referral and wasn't on campus for the career fair I went through the normal pool. Received the interview mid November. About two weeks later I got a call that they wouldn't be moving forward because the small class of 45 (from a couple thousand applicants) was already full.

Interview Questions

• Signed an NDA, but general stuff you see here.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Had two interviews for first round.
    Had one interview for the second round and got rejected.

Prepare for product and design questions as well as back-of-the-envelope estimation questions.

I learned a lot, and it was a positive experience. This is a very competitive position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Google came to my university and I gave the recruiters my resume, then they emailed me and asked me to come in for an interview. It was a quick one with a Senior Product Manager who seemed to like me, and took notes while I wrote on the board.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Started with a recruiter contacting me from a previous application. Initial phone screen interview was 2 questions - one estimation and one product driven.

Next was 4 onsite interviews, 3 in the morning, 1 after lunch. Those questions were product, estimation, and vision for Google.

After that was a writing assessment, which was sent out 2 weeks after the above. They gave me 3 days to finish it, but they say try not to spend more than 2 hours on it.

Finally I had an interview with Brian Rakowski, the head of the APM program. That was some resume questions and a product question. Very laid back interview, not intimidating.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Interview

Two round phone screen, scavenger hunt in SF, full day onsite interview. Technical screen as well as lot of product questions centered around user needs and architectural development. Lunch provided though and bus provided

Associate Product Manager Interview

Interview

Standard interview process, firstly you were asked to introduce yourself, then you were asked to talk about a project in which you excelled. The reviewer may raise some questions based on your answer. Then come the technical review. The process takes around 30 min, which is fine.

Interview Questions

• Several questions concerning basic thinking of product manager   1 Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Smooth process starting with a 45-minute on-campus screen in their local office and then a second-round on-site interview in the NYC office. First round interview primarily evaluated product skills. Second round included a wide range of back-to-back interviews including technical, product, and fit questions as well as a non-evaluative lunch.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Very pleasant. The Interviewer ask many questions about product management and process management. Also some wired questions about anything. So the process is pleasant but the result is bad.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was a Software Engineering Intern the previous summer. I chose to convert to an Associate Product Manager for full-time.

They made me jump through many hoops. 2 phone interviews, 2 onsite interviews, lunch, a 3 page essay and a final interview with Brian Rakowski (VP of Android in charge of the APM program). There are even more interviews if you're not converting from an internship.

Interview Questions

• Questions spanned estimation, analytical and product. Gave me the same vibe as consulting interviews in the context of tech. Some sample questions (not asked in my interview but same flavor):

- Estimate the revenue of XYZ company
      - Estimate the bandwidth needed if you built an optical fiber connection to a colony on Mars
      - Here's a data set. Something changed and here's the new data set. Explain what happened.
      - How would you improve XYZ Google product
      - What's your favorite product? How can you improve it?
      - How would you got about building a startup that does XYZ
      - Given unlimited resources, how you fix XYZ company
      - What's wrong with XYZ? If you were the CEO, how would you fix it?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume and received an email from a recruiter, who gave me some material to prepare for the interview. Then I was contacted by a recruiting coordinator, who set up my phone call. No one called me the first time around, but my recruiting coordinator quickly rescheduled me. Spoke to a second year APM. He asked me two product questions and then had me ask him about the role. I received an email two days later saying that I would not be advancing.

The questions were difficult and did not match what the recruiter and coordinator said to prepare for (ie. they said to focus more on analysis, question was about design).