Google Associate Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Associate Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Google

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Like most corporations, Google schedules multiple interviews. For this position, there were eight scheduled over two days, back to back. The interviewers ranged from other product managers to engineers. Since this was for a non-technical position, most of the questions focused on process techniques instead of engineering quizzes. Also, placement is ultimately in the hands of the hiring managers; so while your immediate manager may want to hire you, they have very little say in the matter.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would manage the life-cycle of a project from beginning to end?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Associate Product Manager Interview

Interview

First had an on campus interview where they asked me mostly about my previous work experience. Then, was invited on-site. The day of interviews was grueling and exhausting but everyone I met was smart and nice. 6 back-to-back interviews with an informal lunch in between. After that big day, I had one additional interview before being asked to write an essay and meet with Brian. Pretty typical APM recruitment process! Overall, it was an interesting and fair set of interviews, but it took a long time, and I ended up having to turn down another offer just to wait on Google's decision

Interview Questions

• Estimate the number of lightbulbs in the U.S.   2 Answers

Negotiation

They insisted that I tell them what my other offers were . Ended up with a really great offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Google (Berkeley, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

After submitting an application on their website, they sent me a message asking me to set up a time to have a call with them. Went through that. Very basic questions.Received an e-mail asking me to set up a time to interview on-campus. Did the interview on my college campus. Did not make it past that stage.

Interview Questions

• How would you monetize Google Maps?
      What's one product that's blown your mind and why?
      What product could you see yourself working on and why?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Telephone, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

There were two phone interviews that asked basic questions that tested my knowledge of basic math principles, logic and application of Google products to solve everyday problems. Each interview lasted about 40 mins. The interviewers were polite and courteous

Interview Questions

• If you had access to a bank's database, how will you use that information to design an ATM for elderly people   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Overall, I thought that the HR department at Google was very helpful and easy to work with. However, it seems that for APM they are still using Fermi Questions. Overall, I was not happy with my performance on the interview, but much of that has to do with not knowing what to prepare in the first place. It didn't seem like going over technical skills helped at all. The first round was a Fermi Question (below) and other questions like

Interview Questions

• If scientists said that phone batteries could not get any better. What would you do to make a better phone experience?   4 Answers

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Google in January 2010.

Interview

Initially it was phone interview which took about 45min. Interviewed by Manager. Questions very easy at the beginning but later it went very technical and tough.

Interview Questions

• Total size of the Google server   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Initial communication was simple and seamless. I had 5 interviews - 1 phone screen and 4 on-site interviews. The interviews tested me on a wide range of skills, from product design to analytical. I thought everyone was really smart, friendly, and passionate about their work and Google. I thought the culture seemed very open; all of my interviewers told me detailed descriptions about what they were working on when I asked and people in the hallways were willing to stop and point me in the right direction when I got lost.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the rate of revolution of the Earth.   2 Answers

Associate Product Manager Interview

Interview

The scheduling of the interview went quite smoothly, and the coordinators had prompt replies. However, during the phone interview the phone connection was so bad that I could barely hear what the interviewer was saying and I could hear my echo clearly with a 2 second delay. That really distracted me from performing my best, however, after emailing them, they said they wouldn't do another interview but would take that into account while evaluating me.

Interview Questions

• They asked a very hypothetical question that required a wide range of knowledge and estimations.   2 Answers

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in November 2014.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter via email to set up phone interview. Phone interview:
    1) Tell me about Google a product you like and why. What would you change about it?
    2) How do you monetize Google Chromecast?

Interview Questions

• In person interview: You write a string of characters in Google Search. How do the results to populate? Walk me through where all of this information is coming from.

You have a colony on Mars that you want to communicate with. How do you build a system to communicate with them?   2 Answers

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Standard 30min through on campus. First is a couple of behavior questions. Ask about what you have done on your resume. And then a couple of brain teaser. Please write at least 30 words on Hiring and interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is the cost of user growth   3 Answers