Google Associate Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 3, 2017

3.7

69 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Very pleasant. The Interviewer ask many questions about product management and process management. Also some wired questions about anything. So the process is pleasant but the result is bad.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a referral from a friend, so I was able to go straight to the interview stage. I was in touch with a recruiter who scheduled my interview so that I had 3 weeks to prepare. 3 weeks is enough to be honest but I didn't put in enough time. Once it came to the interview I got asked standard PM questions (similar to the ones found in Cracking the PM interview), and one market-sizing question. I did badly on this question which is what let me down. I was notified 4 days later that the hiring committee decided not to take my application forward.

Interview Questions

• Estimate how many ... are there in Europe?   Answer Question
    • What is your favourite app and why? How would you improve/monetize it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume and received an email from a recruiter, who gave me some material to prepare for the interview. Then I was contacted by a recruiting coordinator, who set up my phone call. No one called me the first time around, but my recruiting coordinator quickly rescheduled me. Spoke to a second year APM. He asked me two product questions and then had me ask him about the role. I received an email two days later saying that I would not be advancing.

The questions were difficult and did not match what the recruiter and coordinator said to prepare for (ie. they said to focus more on analysis, question was about design).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Like most corporations, Google schedules multiple interviews. For this position, there were eight scheduled over two days, back to back. The interviewers ranged from other product managers to engineers. Since this was for a non-technical position, most of the questions focused on process techniques instead of engineering quizzes. Also, placement is ultimately in the hands of the hiring managers; so while your immediate manager may want to hire you, they have very little say in the matter.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would manage the life-cycle of a project from beginning to end?   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Overall, I thought that the HR department at Google was very helpful and easy to work with. However, it seems that for APM they are still using Fermi Questions. Overall, I was not happy with my performance on the interview, but much of that has to do with not knowing what to prepare in the first place. It didn't seem like going over technical skills helped at all. The first round was a Fermi Question (below) and other questions like

Interview Questions

• If scientists said that phone batteries could not get any better. What would you do to make a better phone experience?   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

The onsite interview was with six people, each half an hour -- three before lunch, three after. Questions varied from person to person, ranging from personality interviews, to design questions, to brain teasers, to computer science questions.

The people were relaxed, dressed casually. The office reflected its people -- very casually designed and laid out, with lots of places to relax (pool, ping pong, arcade games, more).

Interview Questions

• What are three long term challenges facing google?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

I was referred by an employee and after my resume was sent in by my referral, I received an e-mail about a month later to schedule a phone interview with a Product Manager. Google is quite flexible in scheduling the phone interview so that was great.

Interview Questions

• What is the marginal cost of a gigabyte in gmail?   12 Answers
    • Why is a good user interface good for the company?   3 Answers
    • What google product do you like the best and how would you improve it?   1 Answer
    • How would you design google maps?   2 Answers
    • Not really a question, more of a general strategy.   1 Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

Interview

Two round phone screen, scavenger hunt in SF, full day onsite interview. Technical screen as well as lot of product questions centered around user needs and architectural development. Lunch provided though and bus provided

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Google (Stanford, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online after going to an informational session at my college campus. I was asked to do a brief (30 min) interview at my university. Soon after, I was contacted and asked to do a series of interviews at the Google campus. At the Google campus, I had three 45 min interviews with three different people followed by lunch with a Google employee. The Google employee honestly didn't seem excited by what he was doing and didn't seem to want to be having lunch with me.

Interview Questions

• How much time is spent waiting in SFO every year?
      How would you change the security/check in process if you had unlimited resources?
      Random questions about building a video chat web site that I did not have the background to answer.   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Auckland (New Zealand)) in August 2015.

Interview

The initial application was a lengthy, but thorough opportunity to express many aspects of a candidates character including work experience, leadership examples, attitudes and personal interests.

Following this was a follow up set of questions through email and then a phone screening and phone interview. Past this would have been on site interview (overseas for me), but I did not reach this stage.

Interview Questions

• Given Engineers, Computers and Servers, how would you build a travel and accommodation web service, and would you recommend doing so?   Answer Question