Google Associate Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 3, 2017

3.7

69 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview felt unnatural and the person holding the interview seemed disinterested in being there. Jumped around between different technical, personality and general questions. Not sure if this was intended or not.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Google came to my university and I gave the recruiters my resume, then they emailed me and asked me to come in for an interview. It was a quick one with a Senior Product Manager who seemed to like me, and took notes while I wrote on the board.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Very pleasant. The Interviewer ask many questions about product management and process management. Also some wired questions about anything. So the process is pleasant but the result is bad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, but because I didn't go through a referral and wasn't on campus for the career fair I went through the normal pool. Received the interview mid November. About two weeks later I got a call that they wouldn't be moving forward because the small class of 45 (from a couple thousand applicants) was already full.

Interview Questions

• Signed an NDA, but general stuff you see here.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Started with a recruiter contacting me from a previous application. Initial phone screen interview was 2 questions - one estimation and one product driven.

Next was 4 onsite interviews, 3 in the morning, 1 after lunch. Those questions were product, estimation, and vision for Google.

After that was a writing assessment, which was sent out 2 weeks after the above. They gave me 3 days to finish it, but they say try not to spend more than 2 hours on it.

Finally I had an interview with Brian Rakowski, the head of the APM program. That was some resume questions and a product question. Very laid back interview, not intimidating.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Had two interviews for first round.
    Had one interview for the second round and got rejected.

Prepare for product and design questions as well as back-of-the-envelope estimation questions.

I learned a lot, and it was a positive experience. This is a very competitive position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

HR will contact you first and you will be arranged a phone interview with a team member. After that, it will have a coding interview by the phone. Finally, you will be arranged an onsite interview in the new york office.

Interview Questions

• 1st question: If we set up an ATM machine in an airport, what are the key features.
      2ed question: list the product that you think is not good enough.   1 Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

Interview

Two round phone screen, scavenger hunt in SF, full day onsite interview. Technical screen as well as lot of product questions centered around user needs and architectural development. Lunch provided though and bus provided

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Google (Stanford, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online after going to an informational session at my college campus. I was asked to do a brief (30 min) interview at my university. Soon after, I was contacted and asked to do a series of interviews at the Google campus. At the Google campus, I had three 45 min interviews with three different people followed by lunch with a Google employee. The Google employee honestly didn't seem excited by what he was doing and didn't seem to want to be having lunch with me.

Interview Questions

• How much time is spent waiting in SFO every year?
      How would you change the security/check in process if you had unlimited resources?
      Random questions about building a video chat web site that I did not have the background to answer.   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Auckland (New Zealand)) in August 2015.

Interview

The initial application was a lengthy, but thorough opportunity to express many aspects of a candidates character including work experience, leadership examples, attitudes and personal interests.

Following this was a follow up set of questions through email and then a phone screening and phone interview. Past this would have been on site interview (overseas for me), but I did not reach this stage.

Interview Questions

• Given Engineers, Computers and Servers, how would you build a travel and accommodation web service, and would you recommend doing so?   Answer Question