Google Associate Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Associate Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Google

3.7

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google in October 2016.

Interview

Started with a call with the recruiter then went on to an interview with a PM - this was mainly behavioural and design questions. They seemed to be looking for a specific framework to your response which I was not aware of at the time - it is only after doing more courses in HCI and design thinking that I realized that my answer wasn't structured the way they wouold've desired.

Interview Questions

• Choose a product you use every day and describe how you would improve it   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews, then proceeded with on-sites. On-sites included three back-to-back interviews. One technical, but fuzzy technical. No real coding questions asked, mostly just product related questions. Prepped via How to Crack the PM Interview book. Worked out fine.

Interview Questions

• Make the app store have a 10x increase in downloads.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

1 hour long phone interview, 1 take-home project, + on-campus full day consisting of 3 interviews (1 of these coding). Pretty straightforward process and they gave me very good feedback after denying me final round.

Interview Questions

• Explain computer science to your mother   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Google (Stanford, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online after going to an informational session at my college campus. I was asked to do a brief (30 min) interview at my university. Soon after, I was contacted and asked to do a series of interviews at the Google campus. At the Google campus, I had three 45 min interviews with three different people followed by lunch with a Google employee. The Google employee honestly didn't seem excited by what he was doing and didn't seem to want to be having lunch with me.

Interview Questions

• How much time is spent waiting in SFO every year?
      How would you change the security/check in process if you had unlimited resources?
      Random questions about building a video chat web site that I did not have the background to answer.   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Interview

Two round phone screen, scavenger hunt in SF, full day onsite interview. Technical screen as well as lot of product questions centered around user needs and architectural development. Lunch provided though and bus provided

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, but because I didn't go through a referral and wasn't on campus for the career fair I went through the normal pool. Received the interview mid November. About two weeks later I got a call that they wouldn't be moving forward because the small class of 45 (from a couple thousand applicants) was already full.

Interview Questions

• Signed an NDA, but general stuff you see here.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Google came to my university and I gave the recruiters my resume, then they emailed me and asked me to come in for an interview. It was a quick one with a Senior Product Manager who seemed to like me, and took notes while I wrote on the board.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Very pleasant. The Interviewer ask many questions about product management and process management. Also some wired questions about anything. So the process is pleasant but the result is bad.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Started with a recruiter contacting me from a previous application. Initial phone screen interview was 2 questions - one estimation and one product driven.

Next was 4 onsite interviews, 3 in the morning, 1 after lunch. Those questions were product, estimation, and vision for Google.

After that was a writing assessment, which was sent out 2 weeks after the above. They gave me 3 days to finish it, but they say try not to spend more than 2 hours on it.

Finally I had an interview with Brian Rakowski, the head of the APM program. That was some resume questions and a product question. Very laid back interview, not intimidating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

HR will contact you first and you will be arranged a phone interview with a team member. After that, it will have a coding interview by the phone. Finally, you will be arranged an onsite interview in the new york office.

Interview Questions

• 1st question: If we set up an ATM machine in an airport, what are the key features.
      2ed question: list the product that you think is not good enough.   2 Answers