Google Associate Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Associate Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2017

3.7

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at Google in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and had an initial phone screening, then an onsite second round with 3 more interviews. All the interviews were similar except for one technical interview. The rest were all design questions and estimation questions.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers give very little feedback. Expect estimation questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Google (Stanford, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online after going to an informational session at my college campus. I was asked to do a brief (30 min) interview at my university. Soon after, I was contacted and asked to do a series of interviews at the Google campus. At the Google campus, I had three 45 min interviews with three different people followed by lunch with a Google employee. The Google employee honestly didn't seem excited by what he was doing and didn't seem to want to be having lunch with me.

Interview Questions

• How much time is spent waiting in SFO every year?
      How would you change the security/check in process if you had unlimited resources?
      Random questions about building a video chat web site that I did not have the background to answer.
      Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Overall, I thought that the HR department at Google was very helpful and easy to work with. However, it seems that for APM they are still using Fermi Questions. Overall, I was not happy with my performance on the interview, but much of that has to do with not knowing what to prepare in the first place. It didn't seem like going over technical skills helped at all. The first round was a Fermi Question (below) and other questions like

Interview Questions

• If scientists said that phone batteries could not get any better. What would you do to make a better phone experience?   4 Answers

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Submit the application then got a phone call for setup an interview

Interview Questions

• If google is trying to build a TV service like comcast, what would you do?   2 Answers

Associate Product Manager Interview

Interview

First round is a phone screen. Second round is on-site with three interviewers. There are two or three more rounds to an offer. There's also an essay involved for the final round.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Lots of questions about your opinion on Google products and of hypothetical new products. They will ask you your favorite new product and how you could market it further, increase its profits, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Initial communication was simple and seamless. I had 5 interviews - 1 phone screen and 4 on-site interviews. The interviews tested me on a wide range of skills, from product design to analytical. I thought everyone was really smart, friendly, and passionate about their work and Google. I thought the culture seemed very open; all of my interviewers told me detailed descriptions about what they were working on when I asked and people in the hallways were willing to stop and point me in the right direction when I got lost.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the rate of revolution of the Earth.   2 Answers

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Interviewed via phone with one of Google's Product Managers. Interviewer did not seem like he very much cared to be interviewing candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I got contacted by an HR recruiter to set up a first phone interview with a PM, few days after an employee referred me. The interviewer had a non-technical background and 10+ years experience in a non-tech related company.

The questions were fairly conventional:
    1) Why do you want to join Google?
    2) Design questions:
    - How would you design an ATM for elderly people?
    - How would you figure out whether there are any problems with the ATM design?
    - What is a Google product you love? Imagine you are responsible for one of its features, how would you monitor its use, and how to measure its success/ failure?
    3) Market sizing questions:
    -How to monetize Google Maps?
    -How would you calculate the revenue from the ads on Google Maps?
    4) Creativity questions: (took nearly 25 minutes, clearly the most important part for the interviewer)
    - Google is thinking of creating an all internet car, brainstorm some interesting use cases!

Interview Questions

• Google is thinking of creating an all internet car, brainstorm some interesting use cases!   2 Answers

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

They set up an interview, which they explained was a huge process. There are two phone interviews, on-site interviews, an essay, and then a final interview with the head of Product development.

They don't give feedback either, so it's really difficult to figure out exactly how you did in the interview. All in all though, I had a pleasant time.