Google Associate Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Associate Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Google

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

The recruiters were good. This was a 45-min phone screen interview, I got four questions.
- Tell me about yourself
- Tell me about your the startup that you are working on
- Brainstorm some apps with a mood API (an API that have sensors that can learn about your mood)
- Talk about an emerging technology that you are tracking

Interview Questions

• - Talk about an emerging technology that you are tracking   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

They set up an interview, which they explained was a huge process. There are two phone interviews, on-site interviews, an essay, and then a final interview with the head of Product development.

They don't give feedback either, so it's really difficult to figure out exactly how you did in the interview. All in all though, I had a pleasant time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

Applied online and had initial phone interview. After the phone interview, I was flown down to Mountain View to interview with a group of other new grads. I was the only person within the group that was not from an Ivy League school, and that came up during all my 1;1 interviews. I think they take it overly seriously there. I had about 4 1;1 meetings while down there, but really the whole day is one big cultural fit interview.

Interview Questions

• How many ping pong balls fit in a school bus?   3 Answers

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Interviewed via phone with one of Google's Product Managers. Interviewer did not seem like he very much cared to be interviewing candidates.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Lots of questions about your opinion on Google products and of hypothetical new products. They will ask you your favorite new product and how you could market it further, increase its profits, etc.

Interview Questions

• Which Google product would you cut and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (San Francisco, CA) in November 2008.

Interview

Full on-site interview process with roughly 10 people, written essay, phone interview, culminating in a group scavenger hunt in San Francisco. Process was very thorough, but not intimidating; there are plenty of great Googlers involved with the process. Only criticism would be that it was a long, somewhat drawn out affair.

Interview Questions

• There were no trick questions and I don't recall any particularly difficult questions. Given the number of interviews and people involved in the process, you can't really prepare.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Received request for phone interview nearly six months after applying. Had a phone interview with a Post MBA product manager. The interview felt very rushed. Spent the majority of time talking about my favorite Google Product, a technology that excites you and how to value twitter. Received a thank you for applying email 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite google product and what would you change about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2008.

Interview

I was emailed after submitting my resume through their online process (canned email). Two weeks later I received an email saying they would like to have a phone interview. I replied yes and they scheduled something for the next day (no alternative times offered). I had two phone interviews with Associate Product Managers. The first consisted of questions to show how much I loved Google (how much do you use our products and how many products can you name). The second interview had more questions about what new product I would want to champion for development at Google.

1 week letter I received a thank you for applying email. A day after that an email asking me to provide feedback on their interview process.

My opinion of their interview process: I would say that it felt like they were checking the box by replying to my resume and had no real job available (aka they wasted my time). This was reaffirmed by my interviewers attitudes which sounded like they had no time. One of them was also fairly rude and full of himself which I was told after the fact is not uncommon in the company. Finally, if you aren't drinking the "Google is the best place in the world ever to work" Kool Aid I wouldnt bother applying.

Interview Questions

• If you were at Google what new product would you like to have developed and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Initial screening interview. Got it because I was an intern at Google before. First asked about my experiences and why I wanted the PM position. Then came the harder questions. Asked me if I had any questions at the end. They are hiring very few APMs and more SDEs this year. If you make it past the 2 phone interviews, you'll get a day of on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to estimate the revenue of various free web services from Google and competitors.   2 Answers
    • Asked me how I would improve a Google product. My background is in SDE so he didn't ask me any programing/math questions.   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google in October 2009.

Interview

There were 2 phone interviews, mostly asking design questions.

1. Airports are inefficient. What would you do to improve them?
    2. It is difficult to remember what you read, especially after many years. Contemplate how to address this.
    3. If Google were to offer a TV commercial service, how would you implement this?

The interviewers were hard to read... I still have no idea what would have made stellar answers to these.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a TV commercial service?   1 Answer