Google Associate Product Manager Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Google Associate Product Manager Interview Questions in United Kingdom

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Employee referral then got phone call interview with an APM. First I got a phone screening interview, asking about myself, why I'm applying and what I know about the role of a PM. Second I got a phone interview with the intention to answer three questions, I only got round to answering two questions before our 45mins of allocated time ran out. The questions where stimulating and fun to do. My third interview was another phone call, which was to further test how my skills match up to the role of a PM. This was less fun, and felt more routine and robotic. Perhaps it was the APM who was interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• What is your favourite Google Product, and how would you improve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. First asked question on an exciting project I worked on recently. Then asked why I wanted to work at Google. Favourite apps? Then asked how I'd increase user acquisition and revenue for a Google product.

Interview Questions

• How would you increase user adoption and revenue for {Google Product}?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a referral from a friend, so I was able to go straight to the interview stage. I was in touch with a recruiter who scheduled my interview so that I had 3 weeks to prepare. 3 weeks is enough to be honest but I didn't put in enough time. Once it came to the interview I got asked standard PM questions (similar to the ones found in Cracking the PM interview), and one market-sizing question. I did badly on this question which is what let me down. I was notified 4 days later that the hiring committee decided not to take my application forward.

Interview Questions

• Estimate how many ... are there in Europe?   Answer Question
    • What is your favourite app and why? How would you improve/monetize it?   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google in November 2014.

Interview

Employee referral then got phone call interview with an APM.

First disappointment, my interviewer was 15 minutes late. I thought that the interview duration will be extended to catch up the 15 minutes, but It wasn't unfortunately. So at the end, I had no more than 5 question in total, without really a relationship or a backbone behind. We start from A, jump to L, go back to B and finish with Z. When interviewing, I usually have the feeling that I'm building something to showcase my knowledge, not just jumping from unrelated question to another.

I also felt that my interviewer was running the interview in a "machinal" or "robotic" way. I felt that he wasn't really caring that much about what I had to say and I felt the conversation always one sided.

Last, I found the question completely irrelevant. I had one real question about PMs, which I thought will be the main topic of our call!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

My resume got forwarded by an employee at Google and had 1 phone interview and 4 on-site interviews. The interviews can be broken down into three categories: Design, Analytical and Technical.