Google Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 12, 2017

3.4

75 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Google (Cambridge, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

two rounds. phone and on site interview
    I cannot tell too much about details.
    ok. I have to make it 30 words.
    Let me try again to get out of here.

Software Engineer (Site Reliability) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google (Cambridge, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Plenty of phone screening, followed by a 30 minute online interview designing a simple algorithm, followed by a 4 hour on-site interview with five technical sessions and an informal lunch.

Interview Questions

• I'm under an NDA, so I can't say much. They asked three questions that were solvable by someone who had passed 225 at UIUC, one question suitable for someone enrolled in 473, and one site reliability question that was super fun.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

step one - take home coding challenge, solve two algorithm and data structure questions in 90 mins.
    step two - phone inteview. one engineer from google will ask you about your background and projects. Then a algorithm question, take about 45 mins.

BOLD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Two interviews. The people I interviewed with were amazing and really down to earth. My recruiter was amazing and extremely transparent throughout the entire process. It took about 4 months for me to hear back for an interview, and then 3 weeks to hear back from my recruiter about the offer.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

It is an OA and Survey. People should do the OA first and then do the survey. The OA contains two problems. The first one is easy to answer and the second one is very long and hard to understand. You shoud use DFS to answer the second question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone Screen with recruiter, then online 1-hour coding challenge with 2 questions. I completed one in roughly 40 minutes and did not complete the second. I have a phone interview coming up in a couple weeks now.

Interview Questions

• They a mathy question regarding integers and changing digits.   2 Answers

Engineering Practicum Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Cambridge, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in mid-November to set up an interview (I'm a freshman). I had two 45 minute interviews. Went to the hiring committee a business day later and then heard back a week later through a phone call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Boston, MA).

Interview

Had offer from another company and so the process was pretty quick. Had phone interview and an onsite in less than 2 weeks. Everyone was pleasant and it was generally okay. Had an interviewer who was really nice but I could not understand him at all.

Interview Questions

• 3 sum problem.
      Design a class that takes in a list of iterators and iterates in a round robin fashion.   Answer Question

SWE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Cambridge, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

4 technical interviews on a variety of different topics, including systems design, recursive thinking, graph theory, and a couple of questions specific to my coding language of choice. There was not much talking about my past experience or projects or anything like that - Google assumes that you are competent and tests you on your ability to think on the spot, not have stuff prepared.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Cambridge, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through campus career fair, and was invited to interview after several weeks. There are first two phone interview. The questions are not too difficult but I got an reject.