Google Interview Questions in Boulder, CO | Glassdoor

3.7

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Boulder, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied through online. Recruiter called and discussed about role and my experiences. Recruiter asked 6 simple questions (Multiple Choice and True/False only) to get qualify for interview. I answered all of them correct. Next Scheduled interview with one of the team member. 45 mins google hangout interview. No generic questions about databases and any programming languages, not even self introduction. Direct to questions

Interview Questions

• Some questions related to YouTubeRed. How to analyze youtube red report and all..   Answer Question
    • 2 SQL Questions - Write SQL with join and sum and count   Answer Question
    • 1 Programming, I chosen python. How to get top ten data (from last column) from comma separated flat file   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Boulder, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the Software Engineer position at Google/youtube and the process took about 2 weeks. First is a hacker rank with 2 programming questions followed by a 45 min phone interview. Hacker rank was pretty simple evaluating your coding skills while the phone interview was in depth. Mostly, it will be simple questions but the way you handle them matters. Base cases, error handling, exceptions, etc.

Interview Questions

• Talk for a few minutes about your favorite project.   1 Answer
    • Given a count and maxvalue, write a program to return count number of unique random integers between 0 and maxvalue.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Boulder, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

I had exactly two phone interviews, followed by four on-site interviews.

All of the engineers were very kind and the problems were difficult but not unreasonable.

The recruiter made everything easy to follow and made sure my interview process was both smooth and enjoyable as possible.

Interview Questions

• I am asked not to share the interview questions, but one of the topics required binary searching, and another was related to travelling salesman.

Know your runtime complexities.   Answer Question

UX Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Boulder, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

Google has a very tedious and lengthy interview process, but they communicate very clearly throughout every step of the way.
    First, after submitting my online application and supplying several internal letters of reference, I was finally reached out to by a recruiter and invited to a phone screener. Then, about a month later, I got to do the technical interview, which was also over the phone. It took a little over an hour and was very pleasant and straightforward. A few weeks after that I was sadly notified that I would no longer be invited for the on-site interview because another candidate had already been selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• The phone screener consisted of basic interview questions, nothing surprising. The technical interview was more rigorous, and specific to my area of research, but met my expectations and preparation efforts.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Google (Boulder, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

I was reached out to by a recruiter. I talked to him on the phone, and he asked a couple of technical questions, and then it went to a technical phone interview. There I wrote a program in python on a google doc, and was asked to come visit. I couldn't make it at the time and I called off the on-site interview. Fast forward a year and a half, and I was contacted again by a recruiter. I was more ready to see what Google had to offer, and asked to come out to visit their office in Boulder. I was super excited! What an opportunity!
    So, after a few weeks I went out there at my scheduled time. There are five mini-interviews and a lunch. Each mini-interview is a programming challenge, each one was like a homework assignment from a year 1 or 2 comp-sci class. Of course, the interviewer knows the questions and how to ask break the answer I came up with. But, overall it was kind of fun.
    Where it really broke down for me though was that there was no real making a connection with the interviewer. I am gainfully employed and I was really there to see if I could work with these guys, if it was worth the risk of starting a new job for the benefit of getting to work for a world-class software company. And the answer turned out to be no. I couldn't get a handle on the emotions of any of my interviewers at all. Everything they said sounded like it came from a script. Which I guess would be okay, but the worst part was the lunch.
    They paired me up with a random dude from the office, and I just could not connect. I asked about what he did, and got a single sentence about financial transactions. I asked about a generally geeky topic, and was told that "I'm sure that we should be using this time to talk about Google, and not <geeky topic>." Shocked at this, I said that I really wanted to know about who I was going to be working with, and asked what he was passionate about. I swear that he recited his college admission essay, and threw out a bunch of techno-babble that I'm sure was to impress me. Then I was shuttled back to the little conference room. I don't think I could even tell you what I felt right then, but I didn't feel very welcome or excited anymore.
    What I think this process taught me, is that I was supposed to be very impressed about Google as a brand. I wanted so bad to fit in, but I realized that it just wasn't for me. As I really looked hard at where I actually was, I saw that behind the velociraptor statue was a cubicle wall. It was just an office, like any other. The last 3 interviews in the afternoon, I may have self-sabotaged.
    I just didn't care anymore. I asked the interviewers what projects they worked on, and I got the same lack of passion I got from my lunch-mate. On the last interview I wasn't even writing code anymore, just some set notation and lambda functions to map over them. It was totally self serving, and I'm not convinced that the interviewer cared to follow along.
    I got a phone call about a week latter, to let me know that I had been passed up. Which was really nice to get. If I can say one thing about this process, it was very pleasant. I was so relived to hear that I had not been given an offer. If I had been, it would have been devastating to have to turn it down.
    A positive note, is that I did see people eating together during lunch, no one was alone. Which tells me that people do get along there. I'm sure it's not as bad as I perceived it to be.

Google Cloud Platform Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Google (Boulder, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview. Really wasn't the right job or position for me. So interview was mostly vetting my past experiences. I am much more on the development and engineering side of software and systems, less sales. Position was really more of a account manager and sales lead.

Interview Questions

• Questions most centered around trying to exclude me from position for over qualification.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Boulder, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me. After I emailed back, I did a code sample which was solving two simple coding problems in an hour. Next was a technical phone interview, and then on-site. They show you the offices then put you in a room for your interviews. It's 2 45-minute interviews, informal lunch with an employee, then 2 more 45-minute interviews. Interviewers don't communicate with each other but share a sheet showing what questions/topics have already been covered.

Interview Questions

• Write a class that can take in an endless stream of numbers, one integer at a time, can efficiently store the most recent n numbers and report their average in O(1) time.   3 Answers

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Boulder, CO) in December 2015.

Interview

Over the phone screening interview with a recruiter followed by 1-on-1 phone technical interviews. Adequate performance will result in a second phone technical; outstanding performance will allow you to skip the second. Advancing beyond that results in an on-site review day with several interviews and chances to talk to Google employees. Nervousness is expected during every step and mistakes will happen but you needn't be discouraged by them. Google focuses on having a low false positive rate, not making it through doesn't mean you aren't an amazing person.

Interview Questions

• Implement a data structure X in your favorite programming language.   1 Answer
    • Implement an algorithm to solve X problem in your favorite programming language.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Boulder, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

First Round Interview is a phone interview. They will ask you to code in google doc which will be shared by the HR. Even if you write the solution, they will analyze your code for complexity

Interview Questions

• Given a tree and two nodes in it, find the common ancestor of the two nodes   3 Answers

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Boulder, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Their interview process is as follows. With each step, obviously, comes an opportunity for them to eliminate candidates. I didn't make it through the whole process but I'm glad I got to do a little of it.
    Apply with your portfolio / website
    Phone Interview
    Remote project to test your skills
    All-day on-site interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a piece in your portfolio with additonal project-specific questions   Answer Question