Google Interview Questions in China | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

3.3

Strategic Partner Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Beijing, Beijing (China)).

Interview

it's 4 rounds interviewing, interviewer delayed and no show happened three times. Totally out of my expectations for google. Reception also doesn't make you feel warm. But some interviewer is turely good, willing to tell you why he asked this question and what would be better to answer.

Intern - Monthly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

First I attend an exam in a classroom at school recruiting. Then I get a on-site interview chance in several days. Both the exam and interview consist of questions about algorithms and math. There is a question asking you to write some code.

Interview Questions

• Into how many sub-spaces can you divide an orb with n planes.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Google (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in May 2016.

Interview

Onsite interview, 4 interviews total, first three are all solving algorithm problems, last one has behavioral question and then solve algorithm problems, some problems are classical interview questions that you can found on the internet with perfect answer, others are original I never see before.

Interviewer can ask you to write code on paper or on a MacBook. The schedule are really tight. One interview right after another with one lunch break in between. And you wait for about 10 days to get the feedback.

I think you have to be careful about the details, recursive algorithms, and basic data structure implementation. For example, implement a heap by yourself. And you can be asked to prove your algorithm's correctness. Be smart and aware of details. That's all.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

As a graduate apply for Google Beijing. After one phone interview, two onsite interviews follow and then another two. In each onsite one you are expected to solve two basic problems and one of the onsite interviews have a system design question. The questions are easy if you are familiar with basic algorithms and understand then clearly. Just think aloud and write the code on whiteboard, paper or computer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in February 2016.

Interview

Tasks bout 1 month. Including 2 phone interviews and 5 onsite interviews. 2 onsite interviews are on the morning and 3 are on the afternoon. the interviewers are nice. Eating lunch in Google office with another engineer.

Interview Questions

• About binary tree inorder traversal.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in January 2016.

Interview

1 session telephone interview which last 45 minutes. The phone call was on-time.

2 on-site interviews, each last 45 minutes. I failed both questions so the process stops.

During the process, the interviewer are all very kind and the recruiters are very helpful.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Google (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in October 2015.

Interview

Jul. 2015, Referral
    Aug. 2015, Phone interview
    Oct. 2015, Onsite interview (Delayed one month by myself)
    Nov. 2015, Pass the Hiring Committing review
    Dec. 2015, Start team matching...
    Mar. 2016, First team match interview (Fail)
    Jun. 2016, Second & Third team match interview (Both pass)
    Jun. 2016, Apply Offer (Success)
    Sep. 2016, Check in (Expected)

Interview Questions

• 1. Giving you a binary tree, whose edges have different weights. Calculate the minimum distance of each pair of nodes.   1 Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in September 2015.

Interview

4 algorithm questions and a team match. I have a try last year and have many 1v1 interview. so this years process is comparable quite simple.

Most are algorithm questions and are not so easy and not so hard.

Interview Questions

• 4 algorithm questions and an project discussion, quite simple, not so hard. but acheiving bug free is still challanging.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in July 2015.

Interview

As the normal hiring process for new grads in China. One phone interview and four onsite interviews. And two questions for each one. The first and third interviewer is trying to help me finding the way to the best solution. And the second and forth interviewer talks little.

Interview Questions

• Optimize class string in stl. For example, a is a string, b is a string with value "hello". When the programmer writes "a = b", a becomes "hello" and b is still "hello", but a does not allocated memory for efficiency. Then the programmer calls "b.uppercase". b become "HELLO" while a is still "hello". That is string behaves exactly like the one from stl but allocate new memory as late as possible.   Answer Question

Engineering Practicum Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in March 2015.

Interview

Two interviewers and two successive interviews. Each one lasted about 45 minutes. They asked about the programs I did and several algorithm problems. Problems are easy and I could ask for hints.