Google Interview Questions in Dublin, Co. Dublin | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2017

3.4

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2016.

Interview

I was applying from abroad, so all my interviews were on hangouts. It took a bit too much time to schedule all three interviews, and on the date we had to reschedule one of them. The interviewers, however, were nice and interested in what I had to say. The first tested my cognitive skills, the second tested my "goodliness" and fit for the company and the third tested my product knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a fit?
      Tell me one thing that should remind me of you.
      Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what did you do to correct it.
      Tell me about a time you had different opinions than a group mate and how you came into agreement.
      A customer is launching a new product (specific to the area I was applying for). How would you structure a digital marketing campaign including Google products? Describe the tools and budget.
      Answer Question

Associate Account Strategist: Global Customer Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral from a local office in January 2016. I wasn’t really aware of the positions but the referral asked me to provide him with my CV. After 2 weeks I was contacted by two recruiters from Google. One for Associate Account Strategist and one for a more senior role (Google for Work Sales engineer).

--- The phone screening ---
    The recruiter booked a two interviews: the first for sales engineer, which I did not pass because I was not experienced enough (logically).

The second Interview was a whole different interview and went really great. The Googler was really enthusiastic and was really kind. The Googler explained the whole process really well and asked me questions like:
    Why Google
    Explain a time where you worked with a difficult customer
    Explain how you would handle xyz etc..

I Emailed the recruiter right after the phone screening with the Googler and didn’t expect any feedback within the upcoming week. Luckily she replied the next day and told me that the phone screening was successful and that they wanted to proceed directly to the on-site interviews. I was really glad to hear the good news and we agreed on a date to visit the Dublin office and have three interviews.

--- on-site interviews ---
    Google arranged the flights and the hotel and I had a meeting with my recruiter. However my recruiter was working at home that day, so I was greeted by an assistant recruiter who walked me through the process of the three on-site interviews. It was very pleasant and all the interviewers explained their position within Google. The interviews started and I had a good conversation with my interviewers and answered almost all questions. The questions were sometimes easy and sometimes really hard but doable, just make sure you take the time to think and explain the steps you take to answer the questions.

I had a little chat my recruiter after the interviews and she e-mailed the next day to confirm I passed all the interviews and all interviewers were positive about my fit for the position.

Tips: Make sure you prepare all known questions from Glassdoor / Quora and search some information about your interviewers on the internet. Try to answer all questions using the star method and don’t be afraid to give a wrong answer. Make sure you take a look on Google’s Re:work website :)

--- package / final stage ---
    This is the stage after you successfully passed the on-site interviews. Your recruiter will create a package containing all results from the interviews, your resume, grades and other relevant information. This “package” will be sent to the Hiring committee and luckily I passed that too :) A week later Google contacted me with a very competitive offer and I accepted without negotiation.

Interview Questions

• What is your least favorite Google product and how should you improve it?   Answer Question
    • How to handle an increase (40%) in support call load without hiring additional employees?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2016.

Interview

Three phone interviews, with HR and an analyst. The last of three was really hard and asked a questions for which you need to know a lot about google products.The last phone call was 45 minutes long and not really friendly or trying to make you confortable. They asked question about Youtube and Adwords and no personal or cv related questions.

Interview Questions

• Which type of different scam or fraud can affect youtube raking?   4 Answers

Account Strategist SMB Italian Market Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2016.

Interview

It was fast and without problem: Google sets very easily all the details concerning the recruiting process. The recruiting counted was made by two different step. I skipped the the first screening interview and I moved on the second one.The second step was a sales mock pitch based on a simulation of a buying conversation with a potential Google client, a SMB in this case.
    After having successfully passed this step, I was invited for a on-site interview at Dublin headquarters. Unfortunately I didn't receive any proposal, cause I did't pass the last step.

Interview Questions

• what kind of changes would you apply to your favourite Google's tool?   Answer Question

SummerEngineering Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2016.

Interview

Submitted resumé and follow-up survey on interests.

2x 1 hour hangout Interviews.

Both interviewers were hard to understand due to the language barrier. First interviewer was friendly enough. The second interviewer clearly considered it a waste of his time to be interviewing me, and was unwilling to entertain questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Depth first search, breadth first search, Big O notation   Answer Question

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2015.

Interview

I had one phone screen with a recruiter, one phone interview with an engineer and 5 on-site interviews.

I initially got contacted by a recruiter because I had another series of interviews with Google previously. After some discussion I've decided to apply again for an SRE job. I cannot disclose the interview questions, but I will give some general information about the process.

I had one phone screen with the recruiter where I was asked 10-15 questions with short answers. The questions covered different areas that are of interest for an SRE job. For instance, data structures, algorithms, systems, Linux basics and commands and network protocols. One day after the phone screen I got invited for a phone interview with an engineer.

During the phone interview I had a programming challenge to solve. The initial challenge started simple and as I solved it the interviewer extended the question and made it more difficult. This seems to be the common way of conducting a programming interview at Google. I solved the questions by writing code in Google Docs. 4-5 days after the interview the recruiter contacted me again and said that I am invited for a round of onsite interviews.

The trip was arranged by Google and I had 5-6 hours to spend at Google's office, including lunch. During this time I had 5 interviews with engineers, each about 45 minutes. Since I had a software engineering background, I had 3 software/programming and 2 SRE-specific interviews.

Before the lunch, I had the 3 programming interviews. These were similar to the phone interview, only difference is that you need to write code on the white board instead of Google Docs. There were no behavioral questions, and only a very short CV-related question. The rest was all about algorithms and programming. In these interviews you need a good grasp at data structures (arrays, linked lists, trees, hash tables, etc.), various algorithms (string processing, bit manipulation, graphs, etc), runtime complexity of these and your programming language. It is important to ask questions to clarify problems, explain your thought process, find efficient algorithms and write clean code.

After the third interview, I had lunch with an engineer. This is an informal chat and no feedback is given to the hiring committee. So it is a good time to relax and ask honest questions about the job.

After the lunch, I had SRE-specific interviews. The first one was about troubleshooting. The interview gives a short background of a hypothetical production problem and asks you to find the root cause of the problem. It goes interactively where you say "I will check x in y" and the response is "It turns out x is too high". The important part is your thought process and knowledge of common failures in systems. Knowing what to monitor and how to do it is very valuable.

Last interview was called "Non Abstract Large Scale System Design" interview. Here, the interviewer describes a real or hypothetical large system and asks you to design it. You start with architecture and also discuss trade-offs and make decisions. It is important to also do capacity planning for the system since it is "non abstract". For instance how much storage you need, how many data centers, how many servers, how much bandwidth, etc.

This was a quite interesting and useful experience. I don't know the outcome of the interviews at the moment, I will update when I get a response (which could take a few weeks).

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process is long and sometimes boring. In the whole process it felt like I was chosen to make a number or to keep the recruiter busy in his job. Also, despite the fact that all their emails sounded very friendly (smiley faces, kind words, etc.), it felt like I was dealing with a robot. Even when i received my feedback (positive and moving me to the next stage), I was given a completely wrong feedback, as I know where I did well and where I could have done better. The email sounded like a generic one that was sent to another tens of candidates.
    Well, after the first stage of the interview process I asked myself if I would like to work in a company where I am simply a number and if I want to proceed into the next stage myself.

Interview Questions

• Expect to be asked case based question in regards to forecasting, for example how would you predict the number of staff required in support team for next year.
      basic SQL question are asked too, but for the BI Analyst you should be a PRO in SQL anyway, so you might get more advanced sql questions.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2015.

Interview

A discussion with the recruiter about general knowledge from the computer science field and then a phone interview first with a recruiter from a random office. The general discussion with the recruiter takes 1 hour, the phone interview around 1 hour as well. The phone interview consisted in 2 problems, one easier the other one more difficult.

Interview Questions

• How do I rank myself for algorithms, programming languages and linux knowledge.   Answer Question

Site Reliability Engineer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2015.

Interview

There was a contact from HR people who walked me through the process. Next was a phone call with engineers and we did some "programming" using Google documents. I had to write a function that would print <n> last lines. We have discussed different approaches.

After that I was invited to Dublin and I had five interviews in areas: people management, project management, troubleshooting, programming and non-abstract design of large systems. Overall it was pretty good and I enjoyed it because it made me think. The last 50 minutes round was on the non-abstract design of large systems, and I was tired at the time, and I didn't prepare for it at all (as I took this more like an opportunity to see how the Google interviews work than serious job offer) and unsurprisingly, I failed this particular interview.

The recruiters were really helpful and they are trying to guide through the process and send you as much material as you can, so you are successful. I learned a lot about the process, but also about my value in this process.

And one more remark - the offices in Dublin doesn't offer so much benefits if you have a family, no support at this front. And I don't really consider the free food as a benefit, it's more like a trap for people to stay longer at work.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a k-v database for 200m records.   1 Answer

Account Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2015.

Interview

Yes very informative and very clear, all round a good experience, was well organised and was informed of all the information at the right time to prepare for each stage