Google Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 17, 2017

3.6

61 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Starts off with a personality survey and coding sample with two tricky problems that you only have 60 minutes to solve. If you pass this first screening, you get a phone interview and if you do well on that, you are flown out for onsite interviews.

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Engine Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY).

Interview

There were questions that were asked to me and I answered them but I don't think they liked my answers. Google is a cool company though and I'm sure fun to work for

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in May 2012.

Interview

The interview mainly consisted of one phone interview with questions about my level regarding various technologies and after some deeper questions to assert my real knowledge. For example for 10 out of 10 you must be the standard/techology creator.

Interview Questions

• My knowledge about unix permissions bits   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Batch Day. If you survive the first three interviews in the morning, you might be invited back in the afternoon if you are "cool" enough. You had to prepare a demo in the Google Cloud Platform, which I did and after 3 weeks they shut down my account. It was later determined to be a bug which doesn't surprise me, most of their Cloud Platform features didn't work and probably never will. I mean the only thing this company has been successful at is "Search". It's sad that so many people in that place think they are better than the rest of the world.

Interview Questions

• Q: "Tell me about a time when you had a difficult person at work".   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

More informal than I expected. They looked at my credentials, asked about academic experiences, and didn't really prod too much when I had trouble answering a few questions. They gave me time to ask questions and I did. I think they like that, when people ask questions. They are looking for more than A student. They need someone that fits in the culture.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite class in school?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Takes 5 weeks and the questions are pretty difficult. Need to get well-prepared before you go to the interview. And I didn't get in so I think that maybe next time I need to get prepared earlier before the interview. And I'll appreciate if someone post their interview questions on here.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Very grueling process. Make sure you prepare and go ahead and have done extensive research. Emailed CV then phone interview then hangouts. Get googlers to refer you too.give examples always

Engineer Interview

Interview

The entire process was the best interview I've ever had. I love the brain teasers. I think they are a great way to tell if a person is a quality engineer. I also think they are a great way to tell if a person works well in a team and can build scalable software.

Interview Questions

• If you were a platypus stuck in a dumpster and your feet were made out of butter, how would escape?   2 Answers

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

The HR rep was very professional and responsive to all of my requests. The interview process was very well done. The questions they asked were very tricky and challenging but all relevant the the job I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• I signed an NDA not to disclose interview questions -but they were very standard and inline with questions you would expect from these large tech companies.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google in February 2012.

Interview

interview was for the post of soft engineer in ggogle.company seeks students from IITs with cpi greater than 8.added to it ,it also expect the employee who is coming after selection of the interview is multi talented,thinker,sporty and intellegent.

Interview Questions

• what is your sleeping hours?   2 Answers
    • what will you do if you are frusteated with your senior officer?   5 Answers

Negotiation

Garima purthi was asking for a salary of min. 20 lakhs,but we were able to negotiate at 12 lakhs.