Google Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 17, 2017

3.6

61 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Google (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2011.

Interview

i feel difficult to face the interview in Google

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google in June 2011.

Interview

I received phone from Google's HQ. He mentioned that he found my resume in google's recruitment system and would like to offer some positions. He mentioned some positions such as SRE, Software Engineering, Linux Sysadmin, etc in US, Europe, and Australia. Due to my current restriction I asked him if these positions available in Tokyo office?. He can not answer and he will discuss and search with his colleagues. He will contact me again.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google in April 2011.

Interview

Overall a fairly strenuous interview process - likely because you know you're interviewing at Google. Preparation for the initial phone interview is key to making it onsite. The onsite interview lasted all day and interviewed with 5 different people. Each asked similar questions but each also had their own unique questions depending on their role. The key is preparing well, confident with your answers but not rehearsed. And don't wear a suit - you'd be really out of place. I wore a shirt, slacks, and tie and that was plenty. The interviews went very well. I was narrowed to the final 5 people and I didn't get selected.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google in August 2010.

Interview

first got an email from recruiter acknowledging the interest from google. Talked with recruiter over the phone for about 15 minutes, just general question "what kind of job you are having now?". Then recruiter set up a phone interview with an engineer. The phone interview lasted about 1 hour. The questions range from the work experience, the operating system questions to the coding questions.

Interview Questions

• why does interrupt need to turned off before taking spin lock   2 Answers

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process is very long, from the time a recruiter contacts you to when you actually get a response with or without a job offer.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google in June 2010.

Interview

interview process (overall) was great, but some engineers made some picky and meaningless questions. hiring process takes a long time, I spent 2 months and they told me that I was on halfway. They are very interested on your GPA by asking and also requesting to send transcript and certificates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me everything you know about TCP/IP ? Ports ? Protocols ?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google in April 2010.

Interview

I got called from a recruiter who was working an ex-colleague. It seems that they rely a lot on their employee referrals. There was 2 rounds of phone screens by the recruiter, who asked some basic technical questions. I was actually surprised by how well knowledgeable the recruiter is.

Then I was arranged for a full day on site interview with 6 engineers. All reasonable interview questions. Some of them asked me about my experience listed on the resume while others gave standard coding tests. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• write a program to count the number of 1 digits in a number's binary representation.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google in February 2010.

Interview

Got the job through college career website. There were two back to back interviews. The general format of the interview was that we were given a data structure based question. You had to suggest mukltiple solutions and finally state the most efficient solution of the set of answers. Ultimately the algorithm needed to be coded up. You could choose any programming language of preference.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hangzhou, Zhejiang (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Hangzhou, Zhejiang (China)) in January 2010.

Interview

After some routine project background check, interviewer asked a question to find the occurance of a given number in a sorted array:
    int getCount(int[] arr, int num)
    He was expecting O(logN) in worst case (the example he gave were: new int[] { 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,}, 2, new int[] { 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,}, 2, new int[] { 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,}, 2, new int[] { 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,}, 2, new int[] { 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,}, 2, new int[] { 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,}, 2, new int[] { 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,}, 2, new int[] { 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,}, 2, new int[] { 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,}, 2, new int[] { 1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,3}, 2, and new int[] {1,2,2,3,4,5,6,6,7,8,8,10}, 9
    I didn't do well during the phone interview.
    Interviewer was very professional though.

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google in January 2010.

Interview

one telephone, 1 day on-site, 5 engineers, each 45 mins. various problems from the interviewers themselves. Each problem needs to be solved by coding rather than describing the overview. Not specific algorithm to be answered, all are integrated in a virtual problem.

Interview Questions

• sorting, balance of searching tree.   1 Answer
    • file system design. How to organize the files efficiently. How to search them quickly and how to distinguish the files with same contents but different names.   1 Answer