Google Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Financial Analyst Interview Questions

3.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

First round with recruiter. Second round Google hangout with finance manager to interview for fit within finance function. Third round interview with hiring manager. Fourth round in person interview at Mtn View with hiring manager and up

Interview Questions

• - What is your favorite Google product and why?   1 Answer
  • If Google started charging $25 a year for Gmail, what would be some pros and cons   2 Answers
  • Say you have unlimited time and funds and ability to capture any data you want. What is something you are passionate about and how would you conduct that study   Answer Question
  • The Google shuttle goes from SF to Mtn View. We are running a study for management trying to prove that it is beneficial for employees because the probability of death in a car accident goes down. How would you get the data, what sort of data would you get, how would you come up with conclusions?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY).

Interview

Round 1 was with a recruiter who largely just read a script. Round 2 was with another recruiter who asked slightly more detailed questions. They were both friendly and pretty surface level. They try to gauge how well you understand Google's business model.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google in August 2016.

Interview

A linked in recruiter reached out to me about Google FP&A - I sent my resume and a different recruiter followed up with me the same day for a call the next week. I was asked to talk about my background and skill set and another call was set up for a Hangout interview 2 weeks later.

That interview went as follows:

The recruiter asked me about my Master's - I detected a note of condescension because she asked what a Master's in Finance is. The why Google question came after that, and then we talked a little about Google's products. Hard stop at YouTube. Case Question.

I was asked a hypothetical. It was difficult. After I struggled to give my response I got some follow up questions. Such as what is YouTube's current user base. How would you project the size of the subscription base. How much AdWords revenue comes from YouTube. What would you recommendations to Management be.

Assume you were wrong. How would you adjust your analysis to meet management's P&L forecast expectations.

Tip: when researching Google's products, you should probably know the user base, how much that product contributes to revenues, revenues per user, which category of revenue it falls in, and how that revenue is forecasted. I was asked questions around all of these things in the case, but I was told just a General Knowledge of Google's products and services would suffice.

After the case I was asked one more question and that was pretty much all the time there was.

Also, this just happened today. The recruiters were very fast in their communication with me, but pretty sure I won't be hearing back.

Interview Questions

• How would you forecast the P&L for YouTube if they were to add a subscription based service? How would that forecast affect the current P&L for YouTube's model as it currently exists? Is it a good or bad decision?   Answer Question
    • What are some initiatives you would like to see Google undertake. What are some things you feel we should be doing but aren't?

Flipped: What are some projects Google should kill and why?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY).

Interview

Made through 3 of five rounds. The third round was on Google Hangout and a lot of behavioral questions were fired at me. I did adequate preparation but I think they took someone with 4+ more years of experience than I had. Overall it was a good experience. The interviewers were very friendly and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• How many manhole covers were in the city of New York and how much would it cost to replace all of them.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Very friendly interviewer who asked some tough questions although mostly behavioural as well as what I could add to the company. Didn't get called back but I received some feedback when I asked.

Interview Questions

• Why are you better then other candidates for this position?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in August 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn. I had an initial phone screen with the recruiter which went well. She scheduled another interview for a month later. The 2nd interview went in a completely different direction the moment I picked up the phone. The interviewer acted completely disengaged and seemed annoyed at even having to interview. I tried to be personable, but he would cut me off, scoff at things I said or at questions I asked, and generally seemed like he wished he could be anywhere but interviewing.

I was asked to quickly tell him about myself and then he half-heartedly asked me 2 simple behavioral-type questions (If [generic scenario] happened, how would you handle it? If you had to move to a place you've never been to before, what Google products would you use?) and one analytical-type question (below) - he never asked anything further about my resume or about my experiences. I don't think he looked at my resume before the interview or had it in front of him.

From start to finish, he treated me with disdain. At the end, he seemed appalled when I asked for an email/contact address (in my experience, sending a short thank you note is common/expected). If it weren't for the nice recruiter, it would probably be the most negative experience I've had in my career as far as interviews go due to the way the interviewer acted.

One other thought - I have a number of friends/former colleagues at Google who I contacted after I spoke to the recruiter. I asked them all what they thought being "Googley" meant. They all said similar things - personable, willingness to help, understanding, happy/engaged in their work. The 2nd interviewer was the polar opposite of everything I heard and totally different from my colleagues/friends who work there. It might just be that the finance group (or the interviewer himself) is not like the rest of the company.

Interview Questions

• Q: A user has a Chromebook, an Android phone, and a regular laptop. Which device do you think Google would want the user to use more?   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Got a call from the HR department, set up an interview for 2 days later.. The lady interviewing me was really nice and friendly but seemed like a sub contractor. The questions started off with standard type of Q. The proceeded to the famous impossible "Google" questions. While some of them were really hard, others were easy.

Interview Questions

• If you were a mouse how would you ensure a cat did not eat you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

Think outside the box kind of interview -- delve into who you are, what your ambitions were and dug deep about values. Review and analyze investment data to formulate recommendations used to support the Wealth Advisor in the evaluation, design and oversight of client's total financial plan in pursuant of their long-term goals. Interpret investment trends and gather information for analysis.

Interview Questions

• How have you advised clients regarding the advantages and disadvantages of different financial planning, estate, insurance, tax and investment strategies.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

interview process is grueling. case study exams are intense. recruiters are unpredictable and unreliable.

Interview Questions

• what is your favorite product and list the liabilities that may be associated with the product.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Google (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

It was very creative and difficult. I was asked to solve algorithms and to do creative team building activities. This interview was through a connection and it was google ventures. They took awhile to get back to me honestly. I thought they were very helpful in letting me know how the company was going to be and they seems to focus on all the right characteristics. I thought I gained alot from the experience but they were very slow to tell me that I did not receive the offer.

Interview Questions

• what are your passions? How did you overcome hardship?   Answer Question