Google Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Venice, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Google (Venice, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First was a generic application field (i.e. background, skills, interests, cover letter, etc). Next round consists of live interview (done over web) asking to answer a number of statistical or programming questions

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would organize an Excel spreadsheet of given data based on certain requirements.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google in January 2017.

Interview

Initially it was 2 technical 45 minute phone interviews. Need to code on a shared google doc.
    Then they called for an additional one. So 3 interviews in total. It took around a 3 weeks.

I wouldn't call it a difficult interview. The questions were very straightforward. No googliness or puzzles. Basic data structures and algorithm, especially trees. 2 of my rounds were on trees. If you are done with CTCI, you should be able to ease it. Get your data structures strong, really strong . Also, get comfortable coding. This is very vital, as interview preps can stress you out and you can blank out even on the basics. So practice a lot.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in January 2017.

Interview

I had several rounds of phone and Hangouts interviews which were 45 minutes each. Ideally the time is spent with 5-10 minutes for introductions, 30 minutes to answer a technical question, and the remaining time for follow-up questions. Questions aren't hard but require looking beyond the first solution and optimizing. I was disappointed in how little the interviewers asked me about myself or my projects. Maybe two of my interviews did so.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in December 2016.

Interview

Applied through website. Contacted by recruiter two weeks later. Quick scheduling of two coding interviews. Decision within two weeks. Would've been possible to speed up process but we had enough time.

Interview Questions

• What can happen if you modify a List in Java while iterating through it in another thread?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Originally only have one round. After my first round, they added another round, then I bombed the second one. Overall very clear instructions. The people are very nice. I did one question for the first round and two for the second round. Will apply again next year. Good luck guys!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Applied online, then two on-campus interviews. Friendly recruiters and very quick turnaround. My interviews basically dove straight into technical questions, not much discussion of my resume or experience. Some other people had an additional phone screen after.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in October 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me, and I had a brief 20 minute phone screening. Then I was scheduled 2 45 minute interviews. The recruiter was so helpful and guided me through everything -- I was emailed so many resources to prepare for the interviews. The questions in both of my interviews were much easier than anything I had studied for, which was surprising. Overall, the whole process was very smooth, and everyone was really helpful.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Durham, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Nice recruiter he helps me a lot for the process. When I have trouble he will try to give me hint. In the end he also asks me a bonus question. Of course it is not so hard. But for me the first interview is not as easy as the second one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

It was overall good, I got an email from a recruiter in the summer asking for my resume and transcript. He then scheduled 2 phone interviews. It was overall ok, they took two weeks to respond after the interviews.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was consist of 2 back-to-back interviews. Since the NDA, I won't go details. The questions require good understanding of algorithms and programming habits. The interviewers I met are quite nice and encouraging. They kept talking with me and encouraged me to discover difference solutions and better programming habits. The whole process was like learning and discussing. And certainly very enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about tree, and hash set.   1 Answer