Google Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Google

3.2

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in January 2017.

Interview

I had several rounds of phone and Hangouts interviews which were 45 minutes each. Ideally the time is spent with 5-10 minutes for introductions, 30 minutes to answer a technical question, and the remaining time for follow-up questions. Questions aren't hard but require looking beyond the first solution and optimizing. I was disappointed in how little the interviewers asked me about myself or my projects. Maybe two of my interviews did so.

Interview Questions

• Questions cannot be shared due to NDA   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google in January 2017.

Interview

Initially it was 2 technical 45 minute phone interviews. Need to code on a shared google doc.
    Then they called for an additional one. So 3 interviews in total. It took around a 3 weeks.

I wouldn't call it a difficult interview. The questions were very straightforward. No googliness or puzzles. Basic data structures and algorithm, especially trees. 2 of my rounds were on trees. If you are done with CTCI, you should be able to ease it. Get your data structures strong, really strong . Also, get comfortable coding. This is very vital, as interview preps can stress you out and you can blank out even on the basics. So practice a lot.

Interview Questions

• Basic Tree operations.
      Merging arrays.   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google in October 2016.

Interview

Two technical phone interview back to back, each 45mins. First talk about the resume, and go straight to technical problems. The interviewee is nice. Google recruiter is very fast, and everything is on schedule.

Interview Questions

• 1st: KMP, smart pointer;
      2nd: straightforward vector manipulation, follow up with parallel   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Venice, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Google (Venice, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First was a generic application field (i.e. background, skills, interests, cover letter, etc). Next round consists of live interview (done over web) asking to answer a number of statistical or programming questions

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would organize an Excel spreadsheet of given data based on certain requirements.   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Interview

Got an interview through a school recruiter and was contacted for a two interviews a weeks later. The questions weren't too difficult, but I got stuck on one of them and the interviewer encouraged me to try every idea I had until I got it. Took around 2 weeks for them to respond.

Interview Questions

• Questions about HashMaps and Binary Trees   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google in November 2016.

Interview

It was decent, Can't talk too much about it since everything was under NDA. The hiring manager was pretty cool. We had a discussion on products and how to form global teams

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

First Round - Coding Challenge, Then second round is supposed to be a technical phone interview, third round is supposed to be technical onsite, in short lots of technical interviews and only after all these rounds you get an opportunity to land an offer

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were not really difficult and were related to array manipulation mostly.   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Was good Interview screening, went through first two and got called back for a third. First interviewer was a little hard to understand, which is probably why I got called back for a third

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

2 rounds of 45 mins phone interview. Basically you will only work on the algorithm problems rather than minim talks about your resume or experience. After that you will go to a matching process to find a team that is interested in you.

Interview Questions

• Leetcode plus one. A multi-thread locking problem. A BFS problem in a grid.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Durham, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Nice recruiter he helps me a lot for the process. When I have trouble he will try to give me hint. In the end he also asks me a bonus question. Of course it is not so hard. But for me the first interview is not as easy as the second one.