Google Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 16, 2017

3.3

247 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (San Jose, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Difficult you Must know people up top. You must work with integrity and really enjoy this. Don't just apply because you want to work here. You'll burn out and won't make it

Interview Questions

• Can you tell about why you think you are the best candidate for the position   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Durham, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

They move very quickly from to time of application to the interview. It was less than a week from my time of application to my interview. The technical interview was as expected and should follow their interview suggestions and preparation material. The day of the interview they were back to back 45 minute interviews and were spent almost entirely coding for the first round interviews.

Interview Questions

• What experiences do you look to gain through the internship?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

The interview process included a couple of on-site whiteboard coding interviews. There were two back-to-back interviews, both with Google software engineers, and the recruiter was around to show me where to go.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I studied for a month. I am only a sophomore: the questions I was asked were hard for my level of coding. It was quite disappointing. I had a phone interview with two google employees. The first phone call was nice but I was not able to finish coding. The second call was horrendous. As we were sharing the google doc, I saw roughly 10-15 people go on to look at what I was working on. In addition to that, the interviewer had me on speaker. The speaker sucked and I kept hearing my own voice echo back at me. So it was nearly impossible to hear my interviewer over my echo. Whenever I asked my interviewer to repeat what he said because I couldn't hear, he would answer back with an attitude. The interviewer was rude. The question was also difficult and I answered it inefficiently. It was awful and I wish that I never have such a bad interview experience in the future.

Interview Questions

• return the deepest node in a binary tree.   3 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I got a referral at my university, the I applied online and HR set two technical interviews. Both interviews were very friendly and the intervieweer constanly help me but I think i needed more time to think.

Interview Questions

• Dynamic programming question. But mostly everything was normal   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google in May 2012.

Interview

This was for a Software Engineer Intern position. It was two 45 minutes long phone interviews. They give you time to ask any questions at the end of the interview. It's challenging to solve problems over the phone, if coding is necessary, they would send you a link to a google doc.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of characters in it, how would you reverse it? After that's being answered, how would you implement it with an array such as: |f|e|d| |c|a|t|, that would reverse it into: |d|e|f| |t|a|c|? take the white space as the separator.   Answer Question
    • How to implement a caching system? No coding necessary, just the concept.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in December 2016.

Interview

The whole process is good. Mainly about coding, algorithm and communication. Interviewers are nice and patient.
    But the team matching process is very exhausting. It cost me over 7weeks but end with no appropriate team.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

Online application via google portal. Technical and non technical interview screening. The applicant then applies for the post intended and is paired up with a mentor. If everything works out, the applicant is routed to the office that's relevant to the position interested and experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

I was asked one question.The question were related to dynamic programming and then related to arrays. Questions were moderate-hard difficult. The question was that I have to find the maximum number of holidays i can get given a work holiday matrix with one more condition

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Venice, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Google (Venice, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First was a generic application field (i.e. background, skills, interests, cover letter, etc). Next round consists of live interview (done over web) asking to answer a number of statistical or programming questions

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would organize an Excel spreadsheet of given data based on certain requirements.   1 Answer