Google Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

3.3

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in September 2016.

Interview

Applied for Spring internship online the day the application came out, 1-2 weeks later I received an invitation for two technical phone interviews. Interviews were each an hour, back-to-back, with two separate interviewers. First few minutes were spent talking about my classes and some projects I'm working on. Had time for about two technical questions per interview. Interviewers were very friendly, overall a good experience.

About a week later I received an email saying I'd been approved by the hiring committee and was moving on to project matching. My name/resume went into a pool of approved applicants and PMs who thought I could be a good match for their project could request a host interview. This "interview" is not technical (although I've heard for some projects they may ask you about relevant skills). For the two I had, the host did most of the talking, just explaining the project and answering questions I had. I heard back from the first host two days later saying he wanted to move forward and I accepted the offer (that was the project I preferred so I didn't wait to hear back from the other host).

Note: the project matching process has changed from recent years. Some of my friends a year or two ahead of me in school had to accept their offer before they went into project matching, meaning they were guaranteed a match after they accepted. You are now not given an offer until a host has determined you are a good fit, which is not guaranteed (unless the process is different for non-summer interns).

Interview Questions

• Nothing intense, pretty predictable string and array-based questions, one slightly more challenging question that I just had to talk through (not code). Questions were way easier than anything I studied in Cracking the Coding Interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I submitted my application and they gave me an interview over google hangouts. It was pretty standard and the person I interviewed with was very kind. I didn't get an offer but they let me know instead of just leaving me hanging, which is nice. Sometimes getting rejected from an organization can be pretty cold, but google actually left me feeling pretty good. I'd definitely apply to another position there. I mean, come on, they're google. They get millions of applications a year.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember specifics, but they asked me about team-related experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Google in February 2016.

Interview

Referred by Googler, got a confirmation after a couple of days. Recruiter scheduled me two round technical interview in the next week. Got informed on the same day as interviews that pass them and moved forward to host match phase. Host match is the key to get an offer. 4 days late, first host contact, it was a nice talk with the host and got a positive reply after about two weeks. My recruiter makes great efforts on finding me matching hosts. Thank him so much!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Two phone interviews back to back while coding on a Google Doc. It was pretty difficult in my opinion, but I probably could have used more practice before the interview. The recruiters were nice and helpful throughout the process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google in February 2016.

Interview

I had a friend who got my resume through, days after they called for a two phone 45 minutes interview. the people were nice the first one gave hints the second one was quiet the entire interview after they ask you the questions the entire process took about 3 weeks until i got the rejection call

Interview Questions

• string operations and breadth search algorithm trees question mo   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google in February 2016.

Interview

Two back to back phone interviews. The first interviewer was friendly, his accent was tough to understand. Second interviewer was late by 7mins, had a really tough to understand accent and wasn't helpful during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Simple dynamic programming and array based questions.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google in February 2016.

Interview

It was a friendly and easy process to apply, had to wait 10 weeks before I heard back from the recruiter. Google recruiters are in general very friendly and they are very quick with email replies.

Interview Questions

• Dynamic programming problem and array membership problem   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

2 Technical phone interviews, 45 minutes each. It could either be 2 medium sized questions or one large question. You can choose any language to code in.

If you made it past the two phone interviews, there will be one last interview where you will talk to teams interested in taking you.

Interview Questions

• Very technical questions, expect to code on a google docs. Make sure to explain your thought process as you code.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Applied online, got an email asking to do three phone technical interviews (back-to-back-to-back). Passed those first three rounds, waited for about two months to get matched with a team (while turning down offers with earlier deadlines), and eventually had a short fit interview with the team I ended up working for (very non-technical, more about whether I'd be interested in the work)

Interview Questions

• Given a string of letters, implement method that outputs string of 1's and 0's of the same size corresponding to if a selected letter is in that position in the input string.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online via their normal Intern application. I did not get a response from them until 2 months later. It consisted of 2 45-min phone calls with live coding on a google doc. There was also a small questionnaire before the interview.